Indeed CK. Sheep Lane is meant to be used for many different scenarios. Except L&NER of course. One has standards you know.

I rather fancy the Peckett though not sure about the Austerity. As for the Sentinel, that has a particular charm, especially the outside crank jobby.

I will finish up with a few more views ( cruel close ups !!) of 53806 which, it must be said, still needs details such as crew and fire irons etc added.

Rob.

Lovely weathering Rob, mine (same Number) arrived last Friday, so will need doing like your excellent example.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Indeed CK. Sheep Lane is meant to be used for many different scenarios. Except L&NER of course. One has standards you know.

I rather fancy the Peckett though not sure about the Austerity. As for the Sentinel, that has a particular charm, especially the outside crank jobby.

How about a USA tank, sold off to industrial service, dirty and unkempt and with all that gesticulating valve gear?

Your little puzzle looks like it's coming on great here, Rob. I do like a good shunting puzzle layout. Plenty of entertainment and opportunities for untangling yourself from knotty situations.

I often think that shunting puzzles are an excellent idea for developing logical thinking, forward planning and keeping those little grey cells on their toes. It may even be just as useful as solving mathematical puzzles, such as sudoku to keep your brain active.

Superb though. I continue to watch with interest!

Chris :)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Chris.

Welcome to the occasional chaos that this thread is. Totally agree with you and even in its unfinished state Sheep Lane is great fun to operate and very relaxing. I have just finished another long 15 hour shift and will spend twenty minutes or so playing, sorry, shunting.

CK, the USA tank is quite tempting and you are quite right the fiendish valve gear will, I am sure whizz about in a devilish manner.

Welcome Dave C . As for the Hudswell Clarke 5, I quite agree. A pleasing up tempo beat combo, as I recall. I find myself quietly humming 'Glad all over' as I type this.

Anyway, accompanied by an Old Speckled Hen, I am off to play trains.

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Scotsman for Diversion, that's what I say. Oi!

P

Oh, nearly forgot. A veiled reference to the Late and Never Early Railway, Von Duck.

Rest assured I shall be speaking to Grayson, Sir. Mark my words and see if I don't. No doubt he will wipe that smirk off your beak with no small flurry of eiderdown.

post-14122-0-53722400-1456444802.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Had a tinker with the Well tank today. Here's an 'in progress' photo or two..

Rob.

post-14122-0-67220600-1456594669_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-99146900-1456594690_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-37462200-1456594711_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Evening CK. Firstly, I sprayed the loco with matt acrylic varnish. I then went over it with Hunbrol smoke weathering powder before using Hunbrol black to try to pick out the detail in a sort of reverse dry brush thing. I then sprayed the matt varnish again to seal it.

More work to do but happy with this.

I wanted to portray a honest hard working locomotive.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah! Phone at it again. Should have read Humbrol. 'Hunbrol' is the German equivalent.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Agreed Stubbers. Need to work on that. Not sure I like the washed out grey so will look to darken the smoke box.

I'll keep you posted.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Further tinkering with the Well Tank. I applied a bit more black to the smoke box. I don't want to over do it.

I am happy with the result.

Rob.

post-14122-0-39221500-1456779711_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

I wonder which route these took from Cornwall to Eastleigh Works circa 1958 until withdrawn? :stinker:  Maybe they were so small they were just mended by the local Blacksmith?

Sadly, the only one I ever saw in 'real life' was as part of a goods train going east at Plymouth. That might well have been the one that was going to preservation but I can't remember? 1961/2 I think?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

All hail, Gerald, the Chief Rabbit!

Hail Gerald!! 

I wonder which route these took from Cornwall to Eastleigh Works circa 1958 until withdrawn? :stinker:  Maybe they were so small they were just mended by the local Blacksmith?

Sadly, the only one I ever saw in 'real life' was as part of a goods train going east at Plymouth. That might well have been the one that was going to preservation but I can't remember? 1961/2 I think?

Phil

Morning Ducky. Found this. 11th August 1962.....Yeovil Town. Looks like its alongside the engine shed there. Work that out

Rob

post-14122-0-55537200-1456904180_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Hail Gerald!! 

Morning Ducky. Found this. 11th August 1962.....Yeovil Town. Looks like its alongside the engine shed there. Work that out

Rob

Oh how sad. Probably on their way to scrap? However, I seem to remember there was a Railtour in the London area around this time and two of these were involved. I CBA to go and dig through my old Trains Illustrated mags and I don't think I've got the relevant ones for late 1962 anyway (reports on August activity was usually published in October or November IIRC).

Thanks mate. Think they must have got there via SJ. I can't justify getting two just on a whim and speculative thinking.............................no, I can't.

Quackers.

• RMweb Gold

Shalom, Gerald !

Rest assured the Chief Rabbi has our support.

Rob.

• Like 1