• RMweb Gold

Managed a bit of modelling tonight.

First off, tried a different ballast. N gauge granite. I did not take as much time as before and it shows. Ballast, like any modelling rewards time spent on it. I did this more to see the effect. I have to say I am happier with the overall look and with some time spent on the finish it should look the part but as ever, any thoughts are welcome.

However, I couldn't resist a play and out came the Beattie well tank. Where on earth did that hour go!!? This really is a lovely model,if a bit fragile in places. Runs really well ( no pun intended!!) and looks the part. This will be one of the regulars at Sheep Lane for sure. Would love another one...having got the running sorted on this one.

Rob

post-14122-0-85966200-1454966295_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-02412500-1454966329_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-13596700-1454966342_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-45005100-1454966355_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Don't forget to remove the track pins after Ballasting.......

I now use the pins with the large plastic tops, designed for use on teenagers post it boards......the beauty is you can secure BETWEEN sleepers, thus removing the little holes you get with normal pins.

When the glue has gone off, you don't need any pins anyway.

Ps.......do,you remember Mr Sultana?

Edited by BlackRat

• RMweb Premium

I now use the pins with the large plastic tops, designed for use on teenagers post it boards......the beauty is you can score BETWEEN sleepers, thus removing the little holes you get with normal pins.

I read in a comma after "teenagers" that isn't there...

• RMweb Gold

I now use the pins with the large plastic tops, designed for use on teenagers post it boards......the beauty is you can secure BETWEEN sleepers, thus removing the little holes you get with normal pins.

Thanks Neil. Good tip and something to look at on my next layout. For now I am happy to plod ( no pun ) on.

Yes I do remember Mr Sultana. Used to see him about town up until a few years ago when I was working there. Ironically I gave gone full circle and spend a lot of my work back there now.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No but I remember Mr Pastry.

Mr Sultana was an actual customer in the Cardiff branch of Beatties where Black Rat and I worked in about 1907

That wagon looks spot on...

Thanks,George but I cannot take credit for the weathering. It's courtesy of Adrian Butler,otherwise known as 'Dirty Boy'at Lord and Butler in Cardiff. He is very good.

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Look, you feel really old when you see a girl/woman who was in The Doubledeckers in Call the Midwife (last Sunday.... the lass who got pregnant and then had a miscarriage). With apologies to all those of a nervous disposition and need to do some ballasting.

Quackers.

• RMweb Gold

I remember the double deckers.....please tell me it wasn't Tiger......

Talking of ballast.....here's a shot for you Ducky. I am hoping I get it a bit neater on the layout.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

I remember the double deckers.....please tell me it wasn't Tiger......

Talking of ballast.....here's a shot for you Ducky. I am hoping I get it a bit neater on the layout.

Rob

Yes I think it was..........it's the eyes I recognised.

Blast looks good from that distance.

P

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear....another childhood bubble burst......

As an aside,I am playing with the well tank again. Really am thinking of getting another....How much fun can one have with five points, one loco and eight wagons....

Rob

Look, you feel really old when you see a girl/woman who was in The Doubledeckers in Call the Midwife (last Sunday.... the lass who got pregnant and then had a miscarriage). With apologies to all those of a nervous disposition and need to do some ballasting.

Quackers.

Sorry but I am so old I had to look up The Doubledeckers to find out who they were.

Never heard of them. Mind you, Mr Pastry had been awarded an OBE by the time they were on telly.

If someone shows me a clip from Rag, Tag & Bobtail then I might as well call an ambulance....

• RMweb Gold

Hell fire Sir!!!!

Damn your impudence!

I shall see you in the boot room at 7am sharp.

Bring a second!

post-14122-0-36475600-1455057154.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Indeed Sah!

Somebody needs to keep discipline.

Limbering up in the boot room. All appointments should be made through my fag, Plank minor.

Grayson (School Bully)