Bachmann DBSO driving brake second open

class37418stag

Hello everyone

Who have Bachmann class 47 scotrail (red or blue stripe) may buy new DBSO scotrail but No TSO or FO coach of scotrail ?

I am really disappointed means I was look forward to buy DBSO Scotrail and want buy TSO or FO not available until 2017 or later year but

I like class 47 + TSO + DBSO for my mini layout

• RMweb Premium

The Scotrail liveried Class 47/7 produced by Bachmann correctly had the blue stripe, but so far only Bachmann's Mk2F DBSO has been announced in the same Scotrail livery not the TSO or FO. But for Edinburgh - Glasgow push-pull services you need a Mk3 TSO and I'm pretty sure that Hornby has not produced it in Scotrail livery. OxfordRail has announced new Mk3s so perhaps they will produce one.

Edited by brushman47544

The Scotrail liveried Class 47/7 produced by Bachmann correctly had the blue stripe, but so far only Bachmann's Mk2F DBSO has been announced in the same Scotrail livery not the TSO or FO. But for Edinburgh - Glasgow push-pull services you need a Mk3 TSO and I'm pretty sure that Hornby has not produced it in Scotrail livery. OxfordRail has announced new Mk3s so perhaps they will produce one.

Am pretty sure Oxford will do Scotrail as there seems a lot of pent up demand for this livery.  When I asked the rep at one of the shows he gave me the impression a lot of people have been asking for Scotrail.  Lima 2nd hand ones do fetch high prices too.  One of the shops stated a while back their intent to do a Hornby limited Ed scotrail livery mk3, going as far as displaying (I assume hand painted) samples at Modelrail Scotland.  All has gone quiet and I assume not happening now with Oxford's announcement.

They could have easily done a BG by now.

you can pickup scotrail bgs from replica for around £10 new at shows. Not quite Bachmann standards but not bad.

M

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone

Who have Bachmann class 47 scotrail (red or blue stripe) may buy new DBSO scotrail but No TSO or FO coach of scotrail ?

I am really disappointed means I was look forward to buy DBSO Scotrail and want buy TSO or FO not available until 2017 or later year but

I like class 47 + TSO + DBSO for my mini layout

As you mention some people will have the Bachmann 47 and will get the matching DBSO. I'm sure that Bachmann will bring out the right coaches, but bare in mind that the Mk. 2 Air Con range is just starting and it will take them time to make more variants and also in different liveries.

Some others have mentioned that you can get some other scotrail coaches from other sources so that might be an option to get your mini rake moving on your layout.

Hope that helps and so enjoy building your Scotrail set!

Edited by The Black Hat
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As you mention some people will have the Bachmann 47 and will get the matching DBSO. I'm sure that Bachmann will bring out the right coaches, but bare in mind that the Mk. 2 Air Con range is just starting and it will take them time to make more variants and also in different liveries.

Some others have mentioned that you can get some other scotrail coaches from other sources so that might be an option to get your mini rake moving on your layout.

Hope that helps and so enjoy building your Scotrail set!

Not Bachmann. The ScotRail DBSOs worked in rakes of Mk3s - as produced by Hornby and Oxford - not Mk2fs. There were some Mk2 or 2a coaches (can’t remember which) in ScotRail as produced by Bachmann but I don’t think they worked with the DBSOs. It’s been covered in detail on the Bachmann Mk 2f thread, where you should get chapter and verse.

Not Bachmann. The ScotRail DBSOs worked in rakes of Mk3s - as produced by Hornby and Oxford - not Mk2fs. There were some Mk2 or 2a coaches (can’t remember which) in ScotRail as produced by Bachmann but I don’t think they worked with the DBSOs. It’s been covered in detail on the Bachmann Mk 2f thread, where you should get chapter and verse.

I think the consensus is that Mk2a / Mk2D / Mk2Es did work with DBSOs reasonably often (I have a feeling there was at least one DBSO set consisting of entirely Mk2s and I have seen photos of mixed Mk2 / 3 rakes - I think all of these varieties did appear in scotrail livery too over time).  Mk2Fs were not generally used by Scotrail although there was  at least 1 in Scotrail livery I think.

M

Edited by Matt

I think the consensus is that Mk2a / Mk2D / Mk2Es did work with DBSOs reasonably often (I have a feeling there was at least one DBSO set consisting of entirely Mk2s and I have seen photos of mixed Mk2 / 3 rakes - I think all of these varieties did appear in scotrail livery too over time).  Mk2Fs were not generally used by Scotrail although there was  in Scotrail livery I think.

M

I hope this works: post 33

es grüßt

pc

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/429-scottish-region-photos-1980s/page-2

I think the consensus is that Mk2a / Mk2D / Mk2Es did work with DBSOs reasonably often (I have a feeling there was at least one DBSO set consisting of entirely Mk2s and I have seen photos of mixed Mk2 / 3 rakes - I think all of these varieties did appear in scotrail livery too over time).  Mk2Fs were not generally used by Scotrail although there was  at least 1 in Scotrail livery I think.

M

Some of the QS-Aberdeen sets of MK2D/E's occasionally had a MK2F FO in place of a MK3 CO and a BG was also sometimes included. 

I wonder whether BR had considered a DBFO as an alternative to butchering a Mk3a to a CO?   I can see that the seating would be tighter than is normal for a first class bay of seats in a Mk2f FO vs TSO.

Just an idle thought for the day...………. 

Did the CO have a full partition between 1st and 2nd class with a swing door or was it just an open style partition?

Did the CO have a full partition between 1st and 2nd class with a swing door or was it just an open style partition?

I have a vague recollection of a swing door and glass partition, though I could not be sure as it is a long time ago and I think only once or maybe twice in a Mk3 CO myself.

Hope this helps!

Si

I have a vague recollection of a swing door and glass partition, though I could not be sure as it is a long time ago and I think only once or maybe twice in a Mk3 CO myself.

Hope this helps!

Si

yes my memory is of there being a swing door too....not sure if the 1st class section was all No Smoking or whether the full partition was simply a means to reduce noise from the 2nd class seating side disturbing the relative peace and quite usually found in 1st. 

Some of the QS-Aberdeen sets of MK2D/E's occasionally had a MK2F FO in place of a MK3 CO and a BG was also sometimes included. 

I believe the FO was 3284, but does anyone know where I can find any photos of it? I want to alter one of my Bachmann's FOs but have so far drawn a blank in my efforts to find any shots of it.

(PS Apologies for the hi-jack!)

Edited by Waverley West

I believe the FO was 3284, but does anyone know where I can find any photos of it? I want to alter one of my Bachmann's FOs but have so far drawn a blank in my efforts to find any shots of it.

(PS Apologies for the hi-jack!)

3284 AFAIK was the only MK2F FO in ScotRail livery, I'm also looking for a photo, no luck yet.............

3284 AFAIK was the only MK2F FO in ScotRail livery, I'm also looking for a photo, no luck yet.............

I think this featured in one issue of Railway Modeller magazine cant recall which issue no.  it was a lima coach I think fitted with lazer glaze, other details, better wheels and then repainted into scotrail colours.

I think this featured in one issue of Railway Modeller magazine cant recall which issue no.  it was a lima coach I think fitted with lazer glaze, other details, better wheels and then repainted into scotrail colours.

Was it perhaps Rail Express Modeller ? before I go a hunting..............

Good luck finding one. I have searched also as every Ian Allan & Platform 5 book I have from 1986-1989 says it was also disc brake fitted. But I was told this was never the case.

The article in Rail Express Modeller was a Mk3 rake. I recall the article about Mk2s. Think the person did DBSO, 2f FO, 2d TSO(T), and a couple of 2z.

i'm pretty sure that article was Rail Express Modeller too - I would guesstimate within last 2 years but could be wrong.

now might be a good time for Hornby to drag out their old Lima artwork and release their own Mk3s - at least they are an improvement over the oriignal Lima coaches now they have improved couplings and flush tinted glazing............and they would in the correct colours compared to the proposed OR ones.  from normal viewing distances the only things that would stand out are the incorrect roof detail.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

now might be a good time for Hornby to drag out their old Lima artwork and release their own Mk3s - at least they are an improvement over the oriignal Lima coaches now they have improved couplings and flush tinted glazing............and they would in the correct colours compared to the proposed OR ones.  from normal viewing distances the only things that would stand out are the incorrect roof detail.

But I wonder how interested Hornby are. Didn't Mike at C&M Models say some time ago that he had asked Hornby about producing Scotrail Mk3s as a limited edition but was turned down, yet Hornby has produced limited edition runs of Mk3s in GWR livery for Kernow MRC.