Class 92, By Accurascale

3 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Maybe you could get Big Jim of this parish to model for you? He does drive for GBRf after all, although he may not be passed on the 92s. (And may not want to be immortalised in plastic on hundreds of layouts!)

I think Big Jim has already been scanned.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, AndrewB7585 said:

Am I right in thinking Q3 is July-September? If so I think we are looking more at September for the 92s. I can’t wait!!

Yep, July to September, we shared painted body shells a week or so back, and will soon have more assembled models to share, and we're on course for August shipping. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just a quick question for Fran. I noticed that Revolution put the sun visor on their model. I know you guys worked together at an early stage in this project. Will you have the sun visor on your model? No problem if not (I’ve ordered three already) but would be a cool little detail. 

041036B4-F491-482D-8F68-E8322C8CC24E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 30/06/2022 at 14:00, Michael Hodgson said:

I believe they had to have a travelling fitter on board when the Queen & François Mitterand opened the Chunnel, just to sit there continually pressing the reset button throughout the trip!

That was with 373s - and they weren't fitters but tech experts with laptops.  For the Class 92 trials you'd need 3 or 4 people in the cab for some of the tests and 2 or 3 for others such as the WCML tests north of Crewe.   Some parts of the Class 92 testing were attended by far greater hilarity than happened with the 373s although the real humdinger was with the night stock trials train when someone set off with it towards the wrong country  and it had to be 'recaptured'.

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

With a name like that, would there be any plastic left for the actual models?  Or would Sam's Trains complain that they are too pricey?  Lol!

Big Jim will have to be scanned again, he is not so Big Jim anymore…….it’ll save some plastic 😄

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, scumcat said:

Do you mean shipping out to customers in august. Or shipping from china in august? I’m on holiday for two weeks in august and don5 trust the courier to keep it safe

I can’t answer for accurascale but read it as shipping from China.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Markwj said:

I can’t answer for accurascale but read it as shipping from China.

Correct, apologies for the confusion, all going to plan and barring any unforeseen crises, they are due to board ship at the end of August.

Edited by McC
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/07/2022 at 22:52, AndrewB7585 said:

Just a quick question for Fran. I noticed that Revolution put the sun visor on their model. I know you guys worked together at an early stage in this project. Will you have the sun visor on your model? No problem if not (I’ve ordered three already) but would be a cool little detail. 

041036B4-F491-482D-8F68-E8322C8CC24E.jpeg

Think this answers your question

image.png.4afaac7315cc923e2d40c0098e580886.png

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

That weathering looks fantastic and the sun visor thingamajigs are wonderful

What will everyone be running their 92 with? As I am also getting some 37s, me 92s will be used to ferry my 37s up the main line so they can start their railtours. Behind the locos will be a mixed wagonload rake where anything goes!

Edited by aeroplane

9 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

What will everyone be running their 92 with?

Mk5s or light engine I think. GBRF 90020 on ECML based layout so about all they prototypically do. 92032 had an outing pulling mk2s at the weekend between Newcastle and Kings Cross though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, AndrewB7585 said:

But this model has been detailed. Are the sun visors factory fitted or part of the detailing project? Either way this is a great looking model

Hi Andrew,

We will have sun visors in the box at varying lengths which will be user applied. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Andrew,

We will have sun visors in the box at varying lengths which will be user applied. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Fantastic news!

29 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Andrew,

Cheers!

Fran 

If possible, please have both video and text/photo instructions on how to fit them. I find videos helpful to follow.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Andrew,

Cheers!

Fran 

Is there anything you guys can't supply us with?

• Funny 1

34 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Andrew,

Cheers!

Fran 

I knew you would have this covered. I’ve got the Deltic and it’s my new favourite model but I’m looking forward to the class 92 even more. The station announcements on the Deltic are pretty cool. Will these be a feature on other Accurascale DCC sound projects? (More appropriate for Caledonian Sleeper than freight obviously) 

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, AndrewB7585 said:

I knew you would have this covered. I’ve got the Deltic and it’s my new favourite model but I’m looking forward to the class 92 even more. The station announcements on the Deltic are pretty cool. Will these be a feature on other Accurascale DCC sound projects? (More appropriate for Caledonian Sleeper than freight obviously) 

Oh yes, where possible. As always, we try to deliver things as we'd like them :)

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1