RMweb - Change of hosting, missing images - April 2022

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Are we there yet?  😀

Obviously a joke.

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Are you fed up of being attached to your 'nads?

😀

43 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Brings a new angle to the concept of moderation.

Just what I was thinking.  

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Vistisen said:

image.png.bf65089e2fb12d7cb4f2209c367f37ac.png

1 hour ago, younGGuns7 said:

That’s some time, usually associated with Bachmann releases 🤣 (other companies can be considered) 

I thought it was how long Lenz take getting an update to market.........

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

The header banner is an ongoing reminder of life after 50: Urination from pre-May 2021 continues and may take an indefinite period of time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Vistisen said:

image.png.bf65089e2fb12d7cb4f2209c367f37ac.png

I use a business software package and on occasion, it tells me that a particular customer is a somewhat similar number of days late paying. I worked it out once and it was something like 173 years overdue! I haven't even been self-employed for 20 years yet.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

If anyone wishes to see any of my images that have not yet reappeared please PM me and I will do my best to locate the image.  This is to assist anyone for whom seeing the image may help with modelling or research.

As for images that are missing from light hearted threads such as jokes or whacky signs etc or completed sales posts, if they are gone, then they are gone.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
typo
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Mikkel said:

The header banner is an ongoing reminder of life after 50: Urination from pre-May 2021 continues and may take an indefinite period of time.

Well that's something to look forward to. 

Not.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

When I switched on this morning RMweb was down, a quick check on the Facebook server update page explained what had happened. I tried again just after twelve and it was up and running so I started posting and rating other posts. Then the site went down again so I went to do other things. When the site came back however I found that all my posts and ratings have disappeared.

• Friendly/supportive 2

15 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

When I switched on this morning RMweb was down, a quick check on the Facebook server update page explained what had happened. I tried again just after twelve and it was up and running so I started posting and rating other posts. Then the site went down again so I went to do other things. When the site came back however I found that all my posts and ratings have disappeared.

There's about 3 hours worth of postings vanished in the past hour or so, as can be seen in the gap on the "view new content" records.  I posted on the bus thread at about 13.30 and then got notification of a reply to it - but that was actually a reply I had already seen at about 08.00 this morning to an earlier post on that thread!

Luckilly I'd still got the (reduced file size) photos to hand, so it was an easy job to repost them....    

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, scots region said:

The 'UK prototypes discussion only' board isn't working, has this been mentioned? 

It is working for me.

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, scots region said:

The 'UK prototypes discussion only' board isn't working, has this been mentioned? 

I've posted in it 27 mins ago so it must be OK.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

It's a bank holiday weekend, what do you expect. It always falls over when Andy is trying to have a break.  :)

I'm surprised it behaved over Easter 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Johann Marsbar said:

There's about 3 hours worth of postings vanished in the past hour or so, as can be seen in the gap on the "view new content" records.  I posted on the bus thread at about 13.30 and then got notification of a reply to it -

There seems to have been an issue that affected multiple Invision-hosted sites where they had to roll-back to a slightly earlier point to complete their work today. Unfortunate but such things can happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I agree with others who say that posts made in a three-hour window from around 13.30 until 16.30 today have just vanished.  The "View New Content" link shows the gap clearly.  Several posts are known to have vanished from ERs and other topics.  

In other news the slow emoji problem persists for me on the desktop but not on the phone.  iPhone response is near-instant but using them from the Mac desktop produces a "hang" of 15 - 30 seconds after clicking the icon before it appears in the post and the pop-up window removes itself.  It is not possible to select multiple emoji - I have to wait for the pop-up to clear first then go back through the process.  Again this is not the case on the iPhone.  

And again whilst it's a tad inconvenient it isn't one of the big issues so Andy and Co. can fix what needs fixing first and come back to the nice-to-haves.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

"I use a business software package and on occasion, it tells me that a particular customer is a somewhat similar number of days late paying. I worked it out once and it was something like 173 years overdue! I haven't even been self-employed for 20 years yet."

Do you charge interest on the amount by the day or month?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, T0ny said:

"I use a business software package and on occasion, it tells me that a particular customer is a somewhat similar number of days late paying. I worked it out once and it was something like 173 years overdue! I haven't even been self-employed for 20 years yet."

Do you charge interest on the amount by the day or month?

Charging and collecting are not the same thing, as I'm sure anyone that runs a small business knows!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

So sorry to hear about all the problems. What a nightmare for the RMWeb team. I have not visited the site for some months but will work my through posts to re-upload any images I have saved. We do appreciate all of your efforts.

Marlyn

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Marly51 said:

So sorry to hear about all the problems. What a nightmare for the RMWeb team. I have not visited the site for some months but will work my through posts to re-upload any images I have saved. We do appreciate all of your efforts.

Marlyn

As per previous mentions, don't bother doing any pre June 21 (for now) as the indexing should eventually find them.

The later ones have been lost to the system, so will need re-uploading and it applies to all attachments, not just photos. (e.g. also pdf, mp3, doc etc.)

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I just checked, and I haven't seen any discernible change in the thumbnails in the My Attachments listing for a few weeks now. Not worried, just mentioning it to give an idea of the status.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1