New Accurascale Exclusives Announcement - RTC Mark 2B Twin Pack in 00/4mm

• RMweb Gold

I ordered them immediately, never seen something go so quickly. They would be perfect with the RTC class 31 :)

Edited by BR Blue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

Luckily I got home in time! Wonder if they regret only making 400 now? It'll be sold out within the hour probably.

Glad you got back in time these would of been a shame to miss out on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

I ordered them immediately, never seen something go so quickly. They would be perfect with the RTC class 31 :)

Considering the launch video has the RTC 31 in I think it's a dead cert. Question is when!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

You have to be so quick (and lucky) to get limited edition models nowadays. It took 4 hours to sell out completely. I (genuinely) feel sorry for everyone who will only find out about these after they have sold out.

We've reallocated 15 packs from our EU site to the UK site, so last second chance...

https://accurascale.co.uk/products/derby-rtc-test-service-vehicles

Edited by McC
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, WILLIAM said:

Now sold out.

Wow.  Is that a record?

7 minutes ago, E100 said:

Also hope they were limited to one per customer as well.

More than one would have been a good investment - anybody who has one they are willing to sell will no doubt be making a profit on ebay as soon as it arrives.

I for one will CERTAINLY NOT be selling mine. One pack only ordered. Some will buy to make profit but that is just the way of the world. Accurascale placing a limited quantity on these packs is right and proper. To 'up' the quantity simply cancels out the exclusivity of these fantastic models.

Well done Fran et al, another massive success, Hopefully we will see the exact livery on a class 31.

Edited by Krieghoff
spelling correction
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Accurascale placing a limited quantity on these packs is right and proper. To 'up' the quantity simply cancels out the exclusivity of these fantastic models.

I'm not sure I totally agree. With fast selling limited editions there is a risk of unintentionally alienating customers while elating others.

Not sure what the answer is however.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

8 minutes ago, WILLIAM said:

I'm not sure I totally agree. With fast selling limited editions there is a risk of unintentionally alienating customers while elating others.

Not sure what the answer is however.

Well ive been on the losing end and the winning end plenty of times Will. There has to be a cut off point otherwise you end up with surplus stock. I have been lucky this time and especially as i love the RTC livery and have a fondness for a rake including these coaches. 

I am sure that these wont be the first set of RTC liveried coaches that Accurascale release as there were differing coach numbers. Then it will start all over again, those that get them and those that dont.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Accurascale placing a limited quantity on these packs is right and proper. To 'up' the quantity simply cancels out the exclusivity of these fantastic models.

Personally, I'm not fussed about having to feel as though I'm part of any 'exclusive' collective - whether it's model railways or otherwise.  Whatever the model, I have no concern as to whether there are 400 or 4000 in circulation - I'm making the purchase for the model alone, certainly not any feeling of exclusivity.  Whilst I'm naturally pleased I managed to order a set of these fabulous-looking coaches, it is only by chance that I happened to be at home this afternoon - a standard day at work and I would have missed out - and I'd imagine there might be a few in this very boat later on.  But hey, if that makes some folk feel better for having that 'fuzzy feeling of exclusivity', then so be it... but I'd feel far better knowing that everyone who wanted one had perhaps managed to buy a set. 

Just my two-penneth...

On a more positive note, I'm sure these will be awesome coaches and am very much looking forward to them later in the year.

Best 

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 3
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Gold

..a bit of a feeding frenzy here this afternoon!

Who would have though railway modelling could be so stressful!

I've been working away this week and was returning home heading north out of Euston.

After doing the 100yd sprint, I got a seat at a table in coach "U". This allowed me to peruse RMWeb as I normally do.

Eventually, I saw "Accurascale" and RTC in a thread title near the top of the VNC list - again, a no brainer moment - instant click.

Loved what I saw and then the "25% sold in the first hour" and "I'll order when I get home" and "50% now sold..." posts!

PANIC

Straight on the link to order - then a tunnel - then no wifi - then Pre-Order dropped out - then the payment pop-up disappeared in a long tunnel - then 5/8ths gone - then the wibblesite failed to load then - Arrrghhhh.

Tried again only to see "Kevin in Cheshire has just bought..." in the bottom corner of my umpteenth attempt so I checked my Email and 3 lovely new Emails from Accurascale confirming my one purchase.

Relief then - for me.... but I really do feel for those who have missed out - especially those who don't know that they have missed out yet!

Kev.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

We can only apologise  for the stress and near heart attacks! It’s certainly not our intention to cause either and there is a fine line between offering something special and meeting demand. 

in the short term, if you missed out, please pop your email into the ‘email me if comes available’ which stores a waiting list for any non complete deposits etc. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Very nice but such a great shame to have missed out on them ... Saw the e-mail earlier but expected this was the usual 'pre-order and we'll make the required quantity' as is usually with the case.

Well done to those who managed to get these however but I do hope consideration is given to upping the numbers (Or rationing current orders if more than one) as clearly a demand for these.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1