Stafford Railway Circle 2023 Exhibition

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Advance information in that our 2023 Exhibition will be held over the weekend of the 23rd & 24th September and as last year will be in the much larger Bingley Hall at Stafford County Showground Weston Road Stafford.

The new facilities of Bingley Hall were a huge success in 2022 with its much improved facilities and almost twice as much floor space as in the three adjacent halls we used from 2003 to 2020 

We presently have over 50 layouts booked to attend and around the same number of traders.

List of layouts will be posted shortly, details on our website www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/exhibition

A demonstration area and our legendary secondhand stand in a dedicated area on the first floor

Disabled access to the first floor together with full facilities whether a cuppa, snack or light meal

As in previous years there will parking for well 2500 vehicles and a courtesy bus operating from Stafford Station on both days.

NEW FOR  2023 will be the opportunity to purchase tickets online (details to follow)

BOOK A DATE IN YOUR DIARY NOW 

All for now

Eltel 

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

Andy - Great photo 

Not mine; it's from Flickr.

It does show what will be left of HS2 at the bottom left after government cutbacks.

• Funny 7

49 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Not mine; it's from Flickr.

It does show what will be left of HS2 at the bottom left after government cutbacks.

As this is north of Birmingham where HS2 may or may not arrive (who knows now), what you are actually looking at is the proposed Northern Powerhouse line, which in true DFT/broken promise style is neither in the actual north nor is it electrified and it definitely isn't going anywhere!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

As this is north of Birmingham where HS2 may or may not arrive (who knows now)

Major investment will be made in a tarmacced footpath as a green solution from Birmingham Interchange onwards for the north with a Whippet Rack at Crewe.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

Major investment will be made in a tarmacced footpath as a green solution from Birmingham Interchange onwards for the north with a Whippet Rack at Crewe.

Unlikely as Mr Burnham insists that "The North" is Manchester alone 😉

12 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

YESSSSSS a tarmac path, finally, us Northeners spend so much time walking down muddy paths alongside all our miles of canal towpath, to have tarmac means we can finally wear our Sunday best sparking clogs on other days of the week.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

On 27/01/2023 at 10:04, AY Mod said:

Theres uproar in Corby about a Cyclepath about a mile and a half long costing about £12m to build.......It would be cheaper to actually build the rest of HS2 than turn it into a cyclepath on that basis. The Whippet Rack may be even more....

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Any way back to the Stafford Exhibition in September.

I believe from our exhibition layout coordinator that I will be able to add the the list of layouts booked here in a few days time.

The booking of the traders is in full swing after a few computer hiccups by me.

About to send out the paperwork to the demonstrators.

All for now 

Terry 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 30/01/2023 at 21:48, Enterprisingwestern said:

Always a good show worth visiting, although not quite somewhat local to me!

Mike.

Good Morning Mike

Thanks for your positive comments about our Stafford Exhibition, which will be the way even bigger for 2023 

Perhaps you would kind enough to vote for Stafford as your favourite exhibition in the British Railway Modelling Awards 

Terry 

6F55467E-7D86-480D-BDCA-25C9E60C4807.jpeg.94d824ad617904f0c80e53a05039b6bc.jpeg

• RMweb Premium
On 30/01/2023 at 11:26, ELTEL said:

Any way back to the Stafford Exhibition in September.

I believe from our exhibition layout coordinator that I will be able to add the the list of layouts booked here in a few days time.

The booking of the traders is in full swing after a few computer hiccups by me.

About to send out the paperwork to the demonstrators.

All for now 

Terry 

Have you got the plasticard bashing, building makers in the naughty corner again Terry?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning 

I will drop a email too all the demonstrators in the next couple of weeks, a additional demonstration for 2023 being a certain gentleman called Mr John Wardle demonstrating the dark arts of how to ballast you newly laid track.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

a certain gentleman called Mr John Wardle demonstrating the dark arts of how to ballast you newly laid track.

That’ll be worth the entry fee alone !

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

Morning 

I will drop a email too all the demonstrators in the next couple of weeks, a additional demonstration for 2023 being a certain gentleman called Mr John Wardle demonstrating the dark arts of how to ballast you newly laid track.

So he won't be wearing a badge saying "Terry's Assistant"?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

So he won't be wearing a badge saying "Terry's Assistant"?

Asking John along as operator of Camel Quay was not a problem.

However asking John to operate my modern image layout Oil Drum Lane with smelly blue diesels was never going to happen.

However John will be one of the team with Camel Quay at York this Easter and hopefully at Warley this year (I had to cancel it going in 2022 as caught Covid)

• Like 2