Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Hi Clive,

Before I explain a bit more, I must say when it comes to anything electrical I am absolutely useless, I can just about get my head around how to change the polarity on a point. And furthermore I have no local club or friends to give me a hand ( Billy no mates )...

So it had to be fairly simple, and yes your correct it needs a Lenz interface, but I just plugged it in and connected it to a cheap router, found the IP address ( think that's what it's called ) put it in the app and Bingo ! Such a relief and easy to use, all the controls at a flick of a finger, literally.....

Sorry I can't help you with a phone, all my workmates laugh at my ( old ) iPhone 4 and ask how long it takes the valves to warm up when I switch it on.... But also you do not need a iPhone , you can use a cheap old iPod or an iPad tablet.

Anyway sorry for the hijack Andy, normal service can now resume.

ATB,

Martyn. PS, Doh, also you need a Lenz control box thingy , sorry still half asleep...

Hi Martyn

If you go to my Sheffield Exchange thread you will see one Mr Peters constantly having a go because of my Luddite tendencies when it comes to model railway control. 

Andy P :banghead: :banghead: :wild: 

Me :music: :music: :tease: 

Both of us :crazy: :crazy:

• RMweb Gold

I have learnt how to send text messages now....................... :help:

Could you please explain how this process is achieved as i can't even type out the darned things because my mobile telephone appears to lack a 'SHFT' key.  But it's good for 'phone calls (when I remember to get it topped up) so I don't really need it for anything else.  Clive appears to have the answer when it comes to driving model trains.  And I got very worried when I saw that display in Andy's post which mentioned a 'SHT WH' as a common form of abbreviation is to omit vowels and I was left wondering what that command(??) would achieve, especially at my age.

(And Andy thought Clive was a luddite ...  ... tehehe) 

• Like 3

Could you please explain how this process is achieved as i can't even type out the darned things because my mobile telephone appears to lack a 'SHFT' key.  But it's good for 'phone calls (when I remember to get it topped up) so I don't really need it for anything else.  Clive appears to have the answer when it comes to driving model trains.  And I got very worried when I saw that display in Andy's post which mentioned a 'SHT WH' as a common form of abbreviation is to omit vowels and I was left wondering what that command(??) would achieve, especially at my age.

Yes me too Mike, it leaves my imagination running riot currently !

Or is it the command when the unfortunate occurs and the stock falls off the end of a layout ?

G

• Like 3

Yes me too Mike, it leaves my imagination running riot currently !

Or is it the command when the unfortunate occurs and the stock falls off the end of a layout ?

G

Come on Guys, it's obvious really, when you have the full wording next to you, SHORT WHISTLE. :sungum:

• Like 2

Hi Martyn

If you go to my Sheffield Exchange thread you will see one Mr Peters constantly having a go because of my Luddite tendencies when it comes to model railway control. 

Andy P :banghead: :banghead: :wild: 

Me :music: :music: :tease: 

Both of us :crazy: :crazy:

Hi Clive,

I have never come across your threads before, crumbs you have been a busy chap there's enough there to keep me occupied for a couple of evenings, certainly looks a good read....

ATB,

Martyn.

Hi Clive,

I have never come across your threads before, crumbs you have been a busy chap there's enough there to keep me occupied for a couple of evenings, certainly looks a good read....

ATB,

Martyn.

Thanks Martyn, I hope you enjoy them, and don't get to confused with Pen Y Bont, and also Kings Moreton, read Post #1 to explain why all is not as first appears.  :no:  :no:

• RMweb Gold

Don't want to know what's in your trousers mate.

BACK TO Railways and Pen Y Bont in particular, and another running session is due today, with the door open and loads of fresh air.

That's the joy of this weather and shed railways.. It's lovely running trains with the birds singing.. 

That's the joy of this weather and shed railways.. It's lovely running trains with the birds singing.. 

That's very true Scott, when I was doing the Sound Chips the other day, I sat at the table in the Garden, and it was really nice.

Today I've had a hectic morning, :O (Mother to eye clinic), :no:  :scared:  :scared:  and then after lunch, a kip in the Chair, :sungum: .

The plan was to have a running session on here. Instead I'm in the process of re laying part of KM's Fiddle Yard, to make access easier and lengthen two Sidings for Carriage storage. 

Pics of this on KM once done.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Hello Bodgit, Looking forward to a visit shorty to see what you have been up to in TOPS and maybe short visit to DEMU (SUNDAY) l cant stand up for long these days just like yourself so we will have to have LOTS of sit downs ...

• Like 1

Hello Bodgit, Looking forward to a visit shorty to see what you have been up to in TOPS and maybe short visit to DEMU (SUNDAY) l cant stand up for long these days just like yourself so we will have to have LOTS of sit downs ...

Cheers Mate, Pen Y Bont is currently in two halves, with half stored under KM 's Fiddle Yard so that I could work on KM. There's no room for seats in TOPS when the full Pen is set up, and only just enough room for one person to squeeze down the side. Best go on a diet mate, like me. :sungum: 

• 2 weeks later...

Well another dose of the Blues and Two's has put paid to the DEMU and meet up with George tomorrow.

Just been relesed from Hospital after the Doctor at the Walk in Centre called the Ambulance this morning. 

Chest pains again, possibly another warning shot across the Bows.

I may be gone off for a while.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well another dose of the Blues and Two's has put paid to the DEMU and meet up with George tomorrow.

Just been relesed from Hospital after the Doctor at the Walk in Centre called the Ambulance this morning. 

Chest pains again, possibly another warning shot across the Bows.

I may be gone off for a while.

bit of a bu99er   I hope you are soon better

Don

Andy, 

Totally in agreement with all the above sentiments and advice, please take very good care of yourself.

We'll all be here when you get back so please don't rush things.

Grahame

Morning all and thanks Guys for all the best wishes, sound advice and warnings.

I really have tried to be careful, I only normally go into TOPS in the morning for an hour or two and rest / kip in the chair in the afternoons.

I think it was the extra bit I did at the Cardiac Rehab in the Gym that triggered off the pain, so again, as the Doctors have said, it must be done, but S L O W E R and don't over push on the weight lifting and Chest pushes.

I WILL BEHAVE. :scratchhead:   Promise. :sungum:

• Like 3