OO gauge GWR Mogul and Prairie

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

Indeed, just seen this myself. :)

Bullet points for those unable to see the above:

• 6 variants of GWR Mogul, of the 5390-7321 number series.
  • 7 variants of GWR Large Praire 5101 class 
  • Both expected Q1 2019
Features for both include next 18 decoder with 'no-tool' fitting through the smokebox door, firebox glow, and all wheel pickup..

Looks like I've got a busy little day listing this little lot...

That was quick off the Mark,Little Dan.....very competitive pricing too....

• RMweb Premium

Excellent news indeed. Very impressed with Dapol and I’m glad they are releasing more in OO. The way I read it the models will be available Q1 2019, so even if Bachmann announce revamped Mogul in January it’s still likely that Dapol will beat them. The position is probably less clear with Hornby if they are updating their 61xx and announce also in January. I have a feeling that the fact Dapol have announced both for delivery Q1 2019 is Significant. Maybe they have got wind of something.

I hope for all companies sakes there is no duplication. Well done Dapol .

Can someone have a proper look at the CAD drawings for both of these please as we don't want any silly, avoidable mistakes now do we.

Why not it would deprive a few people of hours of fun if the model was perfect

• Like 1

I have one small question regarding livery.  There will be only one BR Black early crest and the number shown is 7324.  I think that is one of the 93xx series that were renumbered in the later 1950s?  Would it still be in BR Black at the time it carried number 7324?  Only a small point and there may be photographic evidence around?

• RMweb Gold

Superb!

Dapol are sweeping up a few of the remaining GWR mid-twentieth century locos to be done to 21st century standards!

Think that just leaves a new Saint, Manor, Hawksworth County and the 15/16xx pannier to be done now - all other (steam) classes you could expect to see anywhere on the GWR system on 1st January 1948 are now available - or planned to be available soon - to modern standards. .

Congratulations Dapol; if these are good models you'll rake it in - I'd need three of each alone....

One wonders if this 'out of the blue' announcement - with no build up - is a result of Chirk catching wind of news to come out of Barwell and Sandwich in January...?

CoY

Who's doing the Manor?