REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

I'd certainly have thought that the 155 had "EXTREMELY HIGH RISK" written all over it and I think Charlie has vocalised concern over what are much lower risk suggestions based on what other manufacturers are likely to do. Hornby are 90% of the way there already, or 100% for the units that are about to get reformed out of the 153s.

They're 100% there if you buy their 155...

Not their toppest of notches model by a very long chalk, but it is a ready to run 155, and it's been on the market for nearly as long as the real thing's been running!

I'd certainly have thought that the 155 had "EXTREMELY HIGH RISK" written all over it and I think Charlie has vocalised concern over what are much lower risk suggestions based on what other manufacturers are likely to do. Hornby are 90% of the way there already, or 100% for the units that are about to get reformed out of the 153s. REALTRACK's drive mechanisim would doubtless be a lot nicer to have in the unit though.

I was being deliberately silly because if the '156 was described as being 'wishful thinking', then what on earth would the '155 be then in terms of being a Realtrack model? (and not a Hornby).

Actually, it is a class I had forgotten all about, seeing as I haven't actually seen one in a very, very long time (I spotted all 7 of them about 100 years ago though). I usually use the Sleeper to London these days, so I am not likely to see any sitting at York or wherever.

My mental image of one is still of it in the red and white WYPTE livery! :blush: :lol:

Edited by 303013

If you're after a 155 Leeds will be your best place, don't pop up in York much now. Mainly Leeds - Man Vic and Selby - Wakefield via Halifax runs!

I'm sure I'll come across them sooner or later, but I doubt I'm missing much anyway. It is interesting (vaguely) that they don't turn up at York much now as I used to always see them there in the station when passing through on trains to/from London.

Actually, I doubt I ever saw one any other way! :blush:

Annnyway, back to the topic :offtopic:

Edited by 303013

If we are talking West Yorkshire how about a 141? Three liveries (if you include the original Barrow Corporation blue and Highland Omnibuses grey, I actually saw 141001 on test in Walsall in blue and grey, just as my bloody 304 was pulling out with me on board so I couldn't dive off for a closer look!) and potential sales to Iranian modellers as well. I'm sure President Imadonkeyjacket or whatever his name is would love one for his layout.

There again a 141 could be EFE's next railway model I suppose (Mind you their 1:76 Nasher is a bit grim)

• Like 1

would love a model of 141113, you would need to raise the gearing though. Due to being the prototype for reengining the pacers it was fitted with sprinter engines and gearboxes, and will never forget the look on the drivers face as it passed a 158 between ullerskelf and york with the speedo well off the clock.

They're 100% there if you buy their 155...

Not their toppest of notches model by a very long chalk, but it is a ready to run 155, and it's been on the market for nearly as long as the real thing's been running!

It hasn't been in the catalogue for about 7 years however.

• RMweb Premium

I presume you mean Realtracks' 143/144 drive?

Nuff said............

Would a 142 be too much of a risk? I know Hornby do one, but they don't look like updating it any time soon (unless you know different?) and I'm sure your new chassis from the 143/144 will be more than perfect.

At last - someone's taken my hint! :declare: Realtrack have put a lot of effort into engineering the chassis - it would be a shame to waste it on only 143/144's

The 142 certainly fits in with Charlie and Arran's reasonable timespan and available in lots of liveries. There are quite a few detail changes over time, but the main difference is of the two roof variants between 142001-050 and 142051-096.

Cheers,

Mick

At last - someone's taken my hint! :declare: Realtrack have put a lot of effort into engineering the chassis - it would be a shame to waste it on only 143/144's

The 142 certainly fits in with Charlie and Arran's reasonable timespan and available in lots of liveries. There are quite a few detail changes over time, but the main difference is of the two roof variants between 142001-050 and 142051-096.

Cheers,

Mick

Could be worth looking into, no promises though! Charlie. PPS, The 143 is our next priorty.

Edited by charliepetty

TODAYS NEWS: Panda's arrive at Edinburgh Zoo and Arran is out all day.

You say that as though they are some how connected! :)

Well, being right out there, I'll say the class 155 then!

Of course Charlie is going to produce a 155 - well somebody is, you can be sure of that because I've just spent ages converting a pair of Hornby 153s into one...

post-9324-0-99559600-1323113085_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2

You say that as though they are some how connected! :)

Of course Charlie is going to produce a 155 - well somebody is, you can be sure of that because I've just spent ages converting a pair of Hornby 153s into one...

post-9324-0-99559600-1323113085_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Will

They pass REALTRACK HQ every day, seven lovely 155 units, in Metro Red & Cream too!

Shame I cant get down there to see them...

Whats this about a 'Bathgate pair' - did some 143s run in the area around Waverley, after being built..... bet that would be something different to model and I didnt know any did opperate north of the border.

Quote from an article:

As long ago as 1983, British Rail published a feasibility study on re-introduction of passenger services to Livingston and Bathgate, based on freight contributing 70 per cent of the maintenance costs. The Government agreed, a funding package of £1.3m was put together and, on March 24, 1986, the line from Newbridge Junction to Bathgate was re-opened, along with new stations at Livingston North and Uphall.

Because it was never conceived then that services all the way back to Airdrie would ever occur, the new Bathgate station was built not on the site of the former Upper station but on part of the old car terminal site, creating a small transport interchange with local buses.

An hourly DMU service operated to Edinburgh using Class 101 DMUs, occasionally Class 143s and later Class 150/2s. The service proved very popular.

post-3411-0-54650600-1323298483.jpg

Well well..... very interesting. Was it the same pair that did this role thoughout. I imagine that they soon were sent down to Newcastle to join the other classmates that I remember operating North East services alongside 142s.

143016 & 143006. There were I was told three in total on trial for Scotrail. Seems as they prefered Class 101 & Class 150s on that route.

Edited by charliepetty

• 4 weeks later...

Happy new year to you Charlie, is there any delivery update on the 144's? Certainly looking forward to eciving mine when they arrive :no:

Unlike the real ones we are running late! due to a cock up by us and mods to the PCB board by Mr Wing,Wang & Ho! We have been delayed also by late delivery of the internal multipin connectors, we are looking at June at the earliest. Nice to have them at DEMU Burton, BUT! Dont know exactly yet.

Charlie.

PPS Been discussing our new projects over the Christmas period with various site visits and a board meeting between me and Arran. He fell asleep!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That can't be a model train; the headlights are the correct shade of white!

Seriously, it's looking good and I'm looking forward to driving one in the not-too-distant future.

Cheers,

Will

• 4 weeks later...