A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

That's nothing - I've got mini snowdrifts on my front path thanks to that bloomin' powder snow, and I'd cleared it off and salted it 4 hours back :triniti:  

Did the same.....total waste of time...all to get my wife to the hairdresser....then discovered the frozen garage door.Now you can't see where I cleared.Suppose I needed the exercise.....Rock salt sold out round these parts now.Out of Scotch too,which adds insult to injury

• RMweb Gold

Got any dosh left Rob I hear the 47xx is due in the next few weeks, I'm only half way there with the tokens.  :umbrage:

Gulp ! You might be right Bob as they did say first quarter.

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Did the same.....total waste of time...all to get my wife to the hairdresser....then discovered the frozen garage door.Now you can't see where I cleared.Suppose I needed the exercise.....Rock salt sold out round these parts now.Out of Scotch too,which adds insult to injury

I've still plenty of rock salt in the garage from working days I got half a ton for £25 a few years back, I salt the paths of all the old dears that live on the road, I managed to sell half a bucket full for a fiver earlier today.

Best buy the resealed bags in Wickes the local store use to sell them and half price.

Stavros

Gulp ! You might be right Bob as they did say first quarter.

The train is ready I have been putting brake pipe couplings on all the stock it will pull that's if it can pull.

I. Mustav Bemadd

Edited by 81C

Are you cut off yet BG?

Mack.

Nope just sat in an hotel just outside Exeter for the night ( don't ask please don't ask !!!) but ive got a pint of Tribute and a bag of crisps in front of me so I'm quite happy at the moment, thanks for asking !

It could be rather a wet night inside I reckon, hey ho ! Any Port in a ......Hang on PORT ! See you all sometime later maybe ? Hic

S.Oddit

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Nope just sat in an hotel just outside Exeter for the night ( don't ask please don't ask !!!) but ive got a pint of Tribute and a bag of crisps in front of me so I'm quite happy at the moment, thanks for asking !

It could be rather a wet night inside I reckon, hey ho ! Any Port in a ......Hang on PORT ! See you all sometime later maybe ? Hic

S.Oddit

Do tell us what Hotel as I have quite fond memories of a few in and around Exeter. Family OK BG?

S. Nowdrift

• Like 1

It's not Mrs Truscott's B&B near Newton Popoutforabit, is it?

Oooh ! Is she open again ?

I'm at Big Gertie's ( not sure what she's cooking the soup in though ! ) and not forgetting I've got RMweb to keep be warm and nourished

anyway weeze hard down 'ere so it's just a blip to me !

post-20303-0-88838100-1519935666_thumb.jpeg

Ten Sing

Eeeere! Those be Janner crisps made in Roborough...

Technically the South Hams..

Local food for local-ish ( South Western ) people !

post-20303-0-58392200-1519939384.jpeg

I'll never leave :))

Tubs

As a former Windmill Girl her motto, naturally, is "we never closed".

Blimey ! You kept that quite mate, I'd never have recognised you in that wig !!!

L.Sachs

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't fancy driving up or down Telegraph Hill in this weather. Be safe out there.

I remember when I was a student nurse at Plymouth driving back to Northamptonshire one Christmas in the 1990's in my 2CV up Telegraph Hill on a cold December's eve, 

Ice on the inside of the windscreen, icicles hanging off the door mirrors and my Duffle coat on braving the elements.  Even with the muff fitted things weren't particularly warm...

And those deer roadside up by the racecourse!.... 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 1