A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

3. Alternative. I'm sure that those wonderful people at Kernow would happily sell you a different nice little loco that comes in a very similar box. Choose from three, all unlined black, loved working up to Wenford and back up to 1961.

Right. That's done it!

Another 500 years on the Naughty Step for you, laddie, with no remission, parole or the slightest chance of pink slippers.

Always one to think outside the box Chris.

Yes, but I think the cold out there has addled his brain, and what's more, who said he could step outside from his Naughty Step?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

everyone can get off Kernow's back and move on.

Whilst expressing my personal bemoanings, I still wish Chris and the team well with this and all their other projects. I'm not sure about getting one now, though (and a 74XX with four times the bulk beckons), so I will certainly wait and see what others initial assessments are about the likely success of removing the sausages.

Incidentally, the door bell just rang and outside was postie, shivering in the short-lived Wednesday South Hams blizzard, with his regulation Post Office shorts on, asking for a signature on a small (but doubtless perfectly formed) package emanating from said emporium in Camborne. No sooner had I exclaimed to CTMK that I didn't recall ordering anything, that she whisked it away, muttering 'I'd better have that'.

I'm hoping for great things when she finally reveals her cameo layout project.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Maybe, but such a pity that this is even having to be considered. From the position of the splashers, it could end up being quite a big job with no guarantee of retaining the factory finish once the hole had been filled and paint-matched.

The appearance of the splasher area would be the least of your worries... Heavy duty bodging R us.

post-6675-0-06583900-1519829953.jpg

Warranty definitely voided.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The appearance of the splasher area would be the least of your worries... Heavy duty bodging R us.

attachicon.gifSA loco grapple.jpg

Warrentee definitely voided.

Have you been playing with those funny robots with circular saws on the front of them again?

My Notifications :jester:

attachicon.gifnotifications.JPG

Nuffink to do wiv me, Guv, never seen 'im before in my life an' that's a fact.

• RMweb Gold

Now......and here's a question. Without wading through acres of froth on the respective Freds, what are the pros and cons regarding the respective 1361 from the Danish bacon shop v the Pasty shop and wot about the 1366 from said Danish Bacon shop.......

Rob. ( Confirmed L&SWR and Midland man.......ish..)

• RMweb Gold

Now......and here's a question. Without wading through acres of froth on the respective Freds, what are the pros and cons regarding the respective 1361 from the Danish bacon shop v the Pasty shop and wot about the 1366 from said Danish Bacon shop.......

Which livery version are you after Rob ?

• RMweb Premium

I much prefer the look of a 1366 to a 1361 (as long as I don't have to build it).

• RMweb Gold

So your in the "DOUBLE PINK" team then Rob  :jester:

The Heljan one's are OK my two have not had much in the way of running yet but perform well with Gaugemaster DC controllers I ducked

out of a Kernow one as the electonic track cleaners I use fry coreless motors one thing I did was to see mine running at the store before buying.

My only beef with the loco's are the footplate edges are a bit rough and will need attention of a file & paint as well as straightening a few things up

at the end of the day it's down to personal choice I'm happy with them if I wasn't they would have stayed in the shop.  :biggrin_mini2:

• RMweb Gold

I much prefer the look of a 1366 to a 1361 (as long as I don't have to build it).

The photos I've seen of the class at Weymouth gladden the heart, tomatoes from Guernsey anyone.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Rob can you let me know if you find a photo  of a 1361 with shirtbutton livery besides 1363 spent all day yesterday going through the library with no success.

What I did find was a set of 1361 plates which just might fall on my loco with some Masterpiece figures.

• RMweb Gold

I've seen a photo of 1364 in shirtbutton livery taken at NA but I can't remember where.Thinking about it more it was a pm by Andy M when Kernow first announced the model.Dated late 40s I believe.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

BR black, Rob.

I would lean towards the early crest 1366.

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

BR black, Rob.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

BR black, Rob.

Rob

The Heljan version is cheaper and is 1365. Mike would confirm if the details are correct on this version.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/171919/Heljan_1303_Class_1361_0_6_0ST_1365_in_BR_black_with_early_emblem/StockDetail.aspx

The Kernow model is 1362 and detail is correct apart from the splashers of course.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/43615/K2202-DJ-Models-0-6-0-1361-Steam-Locomotive-number-1362

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rob.

I must say I prefer the look of the Kernow offering..........if only.....

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I could always bring mine along to this show for you to play with   http://www.midlandshowcase.co.uk/

That would be nice, Rob. Is it far from you?

Rob.

Found elsewhere on RMweb just now "It's still snowing here at Horrocksford". I just know one of our revered contributors will be mortified.

What is needed there is a Horrocksford shovel.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

You're worth the trip Rob.

Very kind of you Rob. I shall make sure my shirt is ironed.

It looks to be a jolly nice show with some very fine layouts there and I just hope old Sheepy stands up alongside such esteemed company.

Rob.