Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

The Dmu in J761 is a 104, and I agree that the furthest vehicle is different, and I thought Metro-Camm too.

J682 shows the lovely little finals on the colour light posts. Does anyone make model signals that actually look like these?

Andy G

Edited by uax6

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Lovely photos of York.

In J671, the unit is a class 104, with a Met Cam DMCL leading. The roof, and bodyside profiles and less deep windows are the big clues here.

Good to see the Flying Pig as well - might well have worked in on the pick up goods from Market Weighton.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Memories of visits to York for today with photos taken in 1965 to 1967.  Once again most of these are from half frame slides.

It was always an enjoyable trip on the train from Harrogate, especially as we lived only just over ten minutes walk from the station.

At the time cleaning locos and stock did not seem to be a priority.

attachicon.gifYork Class 40 up goods Aug 65 217.jpg

York Class 40 up goods Aug 65 J217

David

That has to be the worst looking wagon load i've ever seen a photo of. The meat van is most interesting. Super photos.

• RMweb Premium

It reminds me of a photo in the second volume of LNWR Miscellany. A timber open wagon is loaded so badly with timber that its back has broken.

Andy G

Guest B Exam

Great set of photos from York. The state of the Deltic is unbelievable! Never seen one so filthy in my life!

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos today of Teesside and area. The first photo is interesting. I don't know too much about those works, and I wonder if anyone knows a bit more about the engine in the photo, for it is difficult to see much in the way of detail.

Saltburn station portico did not change much over the years.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

More wonderful shots Dave

J1184 - definitely a 46, D186 or D188 perhaps?

And J1251 - D1839 - a cracking shot of the Stones boiler port , decent shots are not common and this is the one variant Bachmann have yet to produce...

Thanks once again

Phil

• RMweb Gold

The south bank coking car loco is a 440v three phase electric loco , it gets its current 3 conductor rails outside the running rails. There are two loco's and coke cars on the line and the loco and cars are semi permanently coupled with Buckeyes but conventional buffers and draw gear on the outer ends.

The line used to be connected to the BSC network and in the past there have been instances where a GEC diesel has been coupled to a coke loco to provide traction and power supply when the power supply has been off for various reasons

Shame the plant has now closed

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos of Micklefield today. I like the portrait photo of Frank in J1380. That engine would make a lovely model.

I think I remember seeing some former NER 20 ton, wooden bodied, coal hopper wagons, in one of the sidings back in April, 1977 when I was on an excursion train to Shrewsbury.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Great shots of Peckfield colliery. This was still steam serviced in the early 70's when I was a student in Leeds. The Wednesday afternoon free time gave an opportunity for trips here - assuming there was no freight to operate on the Middleton railway that day.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photos of Butterly. Some interesting engines to see in the photos, especially the MR 2-4-0.

Good to see the photos of Toton and Trent.

In C4987 at Trent, with a 47, the carriages are filthy! It would be an interesting weathering job to reproduce that on the models.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65

• RMweb Premium

Ummmmmmm. Toton when one could drive into the car park, don a HV vest and wander around for hours (seemingly). Great days even if it was blue diesel.

Phil

Edit: forgot to say that this didn't work so well in 1984/5. Think you might be able to guess why.

Edited by Mallard60022