Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

I wonder what 67003 was doing lurking around there David?

Phil

I think it may have been the Newcastle Thunderbird stretching its legs by having a quick trip to Morpeth and back.  

It came from Newcastle and proceeded into the Blyth and Tyne loops where it waited for a short while before returning south.

David

• RMweb Premium

I think it may have been the Newcastle Thunderbird stretching its legs by having a quick trip to Morpeth and back.  

It came from Newcastle and proceeded into the Blyth and Tyne loops where it waited for a short while before returning south.

David

Ah yes, the Donny one does that as well.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some excellent photo's of Morpeth. It certainly is a very clean and colourful railway these days. I suppose the class 142 will have given an acceptable ride over the CWR.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos of High Dyke and the branch line. It is a wonderful thing to see some of the trains at High Dyke, and especially on the branch.

What big side burns to be seen in J3763 - you don't see them quite like that these days! And I must ask if the 03 was able to be got going again?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos of High Dyke and the branch line. It is a wonderful thing to see some of the trains at High Dyke, and especially on the branch.

What big side burns to be seen in J3763 - you don't see them quite like that these days! And I must ask if the 03 was able to be got going again?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Yes it was quickly solved.  I think the stop was to try to prevent exhaust fumes entering the cab from a small leak.

It was taken on one of the days Dad wanted to be out of his office to play trains  see the railway he was responsible for in action (the ex British Steel bits).  Perhaps I should add that he was in charge of the keys to the crossing gates on the ex British Steel lines.

David

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos from Leicestershire. Interesting to see the two very filthy and uncared for class 20's in the first photo. In the last one a reminder of a battery manufacturer that no longer makes them. Sad to see the closed lines.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

J1693.

Cue Porcy Mane salivating over the street lamp!

Mike.

Or the lamp on the railway - it is a good example of its kind, and is rarely seen modelled, although I don't know why.

Best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold
BSC_0790 Morpeth 67003 and 142026 Metro Centre to Morpeth 1036 12 July 16

BSC_0791 Morpeth 142026 Metro Centre to Morpeth 1036 12 July 16

BSC_0799 Morpeth 142026 ecs for train to Metro Centre 1049 12 July 16

David

David,

142026 was on 2A06, 10:02, Metro - Morpeth and then 2A07, 10:49, Morpeth - Metro.

hth

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, all, for the 'Likes' for the Lubenham photos.

The photos were taken, I believe, in the late afternoon of 1st January 1970 - bored with the Christmas / New Year routine we set out to see what was left of the Rugby - Peterborough line infrastructure.

The lighting was dictated by conditions, and the graininess is the result of using a Kodak Instamatic to take colour slide photos; the results are better than they deserve to be !!

I particularly like the shot of my brother as the 'ghost' signalman.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

PS. Something's wrong here - the photos depict TWO stations. Now I remember; I'm pretty sure that we joined the trackbed at Lubenham, and rode along it, (two-up on the Lambretta!), to the next station - Theddingworth? (Or vice-versa). En-route, we picked up the LMS rail chair - it's a wonder that we made home!

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1

J043, what an excellent sky to a meteorologist. It looks as though several vast Cumulonimbus clouds are depositing large amounts of rain (and hail probably) across East Lincolnshire.

• RMweb Gold

C 747.
Could the loco be 1515 as D1575 Pride Of Tinsley at that date had cab side numbers, arrows behind each door and original radiator cantrail grilles?

Mike.

post-5471-0-43641200-1468600956.jpg

Edited to add pic of said loco in 1971.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great selection of ECML photo's today. J043 is superb, and if the letter in the headcode is a B then I think it is the Master Cutler. The 47 hauled train in the photo before it is probably going to Hull, again if the H is correct.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

C 747.

Could the loco be 1515 as D1575 Pride Of Tinsley at that date had cab side numbers, arrows behind each door and original radiator cantrail grilles?

Mike.

It might indeed be 1515, it's a photo where I had to try to read the loco number off the slide when I catalogued it.

David

Edited by DaveF

It might indeed be 1515, it's a photo where I had to try to read the loco number off the slide when I catalogued it.

David

I also think it is 1515. There is a hint of an ETH cable just to the right of the RH buffer, and 1515 had the Data panel on the cabside with the number on the bodyside and a load of white "modifications plaques" on the drivers cabside door, which the loco in the photo has. 1109 in photo Swayfield Class 47 1109 down ex pass Oct 72 C1150, is also interesting in that it was one of the early 1100 number series to receive ETH, which can just be made out on the front of the loco.

Paul J.

• RMweb Premium

C 747.

Mike.

attachicon.gif1-MSP - 054 - 1575 Sheffield.jpg

Edited to add pic of said loco in 1971.

Pride of Tinsley! pain in the wotsit as it was nearly always on the Master Cutler, about the only blue Type 4 we ever saw at Bedford at the time.

Tinsley had all those other Brushes and they keep sending us the same one. :nono: :nono: :nono: