N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We have just had word from Rapido that production on these models has been delayed because of problems with dust from a ceramic plant near their factory.

This was causing problems with painting and printing and some bodyshells were failing the QC checks.

They have now moved, and production is underway again, but it does mean that the Pendolinos won't be completed as originally scheduled for the end of this month.

Apologies to all - naturally we are as disappointed as anyone. But as ever we would prefer them to be open with us and get the models right than rush to deliver a model that is anything less than their best work.

There is more information on the News pages of the Revolution website here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/ and also more news in Rapido's next newsletter, which I believe is being published this weekend.

We are on stand 16 at The International N Gauge Show at Leamington this year and will be happy to answer any questions about this, or any of our other projects.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that Revolution Trains is on stand 16 at The International N Gauge Show (TINGS) in Warwickshire this weekend.

Rapido's factory have airfreighted two complete 9-car 390001 "Virgin Pioneer" models off the production line to us, so supporters can see for the first time exactly how their finished models will look - and perform.

post-420-0-57598000-1504813641_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 16

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that Revolution Trains is on stand 16 at The International N Gauge Show (TINGS) in Warwickshire this weekend.

Rapido's factory have airfreighted two complete 9-car 390001 "Virgin Pioneer" models off the production line to us, so supporters can see for the first time exactly how their finished models will look - and perform.

attachicon.gifIMG_6093.JPG

Cheers

Ben A.

Hallo,

Very nice indeed and finally the chance to see exactly how close the unit is coupled

Looking forward to receiving mine

es grüßt

pc

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Andy and the rest of the team from Kings Park for test running one of the factory finished 9-car Pendolinos air freighted in for The International N Gauge Show this weekend.

post-420-0-85666000-1504996631_thumb.jpg

Looked great on this well known and superb layout, and especially good alongside their excellent scratchbuilt APT-P.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 10

Oh the irony, just as you get your original livery Pendolinos through to production out comes the new livery.

Clearly most of their lives Pendos have had one livery with the new livery only just out and still clean on it's unit(s).

Does this present an opportunity for another run for those that missed out including the new livery?

Edited by woodenhead

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

There is a thread with some images here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126230-390010-new-livery/

It appears that so far only 390010 has been treated. The livery seems to be the "standard" DfT offering of very pale grey with black roof intended to be easy to rebrand when franchise holders change.

There is a red "handkerchief" motif draped across the front of the driving cars, but the centre cars are completely plain.

I suspect that if Virgin retain the franchise then more branding will be added. But the nose and original livery were designed together by Priestman Goode to complement each other; to my eye the new livery simply breaks up the train's attractive lines. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hello all,

attachicon.gifIMG_6093.JPG

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Now TINGS is out of the way, is there any chance we could see close ups of the driving cars similar to the above? Also some of the finer detail such as the removable nose cone and working table lamps in the first class vehicles if possible? I know we've seen some of these throughout the process but it'd be good to see the final, factory-finished model in more detail if possible.

The pantograph looks excellent by the way, very pleased with that. I know some will bemoan the fact it isn't sprung, but for me it's more important that it looks right.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Rapido have sent us some updated images showing Pendolino production. The headline news is that the "special" livery cars - Alstom, Business is Great and Poppy - are now painted.

post-420-0-69291300-1508537822_thumb.jpg

Because all the sets are being shipped together, knowing these are now done is a good indicator that the production models can't be too far away from being dispatched.

post-420-0-29882100-1508537808.jpg

There is a more detailed update - with images of the other versions - on the Revolution website. http://www.revolutiontrains.com/pendolino-alternatives/

Ash - you asked about close up photographs. I will try to take some, but they will be on a phone so may not be terribly good!

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 8