N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

There might be those of us who would prefer it to arrive in an unmarked white box so other halves don't see its yet another model railway item (luckily my other half doesnt mind) :sungum:

Edited by roundhouse

There might be those of us who would prefer it to arrive in an unmarked white box so other halves don't see its yet another model railway item (luckily my other half doesnt mind) :sungum:

"Is that an N gauge EMU in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" 

Hi Peter

Sorry been away all weekend showing off Pendolinos and tank wagons at DEMU's Showcase exhibition.  Just back and had some food.

Deposits for the Pendolino - you will get an email from me early next week with details of how to pay your balance and select your name(s).  I've got to work out the best deadline for that yet, but as Ali said you will pay the amount you were quoted. The 7 June deadline is for completely new orders.

The 30 June date is not a deadline as such - it is purely when the prices of the KFAs and 321 will increase slightly to their "normal" price - we are just trying to incentivise/reward our customers. The 321 has a deposit (and much better balance system than the Pendolino) option, the KFAs are just straight orders for the full amount IIRC.

KFA liveries - I suspect the only two liveries that would not have been around by 2000 would be 1 and 4 - liveries 3 and 6 would have come in at some point during your modelling period but certainly in 2000 many would still be liveries 2 and 5. I'm sure Ben will be along at some point t to correct me!

Cheers, Mike

Haven't received an e-mail so far.

Are they on their way?

• RMweb Gold

Haven't received an e-mail so far.

Are they on their way?

That probably means either you did not agree to sign up for our mailing list or the email got lost on the way to you.  The details are all in post 1094 in this thread.

They are not on their way yet, but we are getting very close to the start of production so need to know people's set choices (and for any balances to be paid).

Cheers, Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ben/Mike,

I have just been looking to try and pay for my Pendolinos.

I just want to check, on the website it says that you have to add postage for each pendolino that you have ordered.

Is that the case? As £30 to post 3 in one order seems quite high.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Cheers

Alistair

That probably means either you did not agree to sign up for our mailing list or the email got lost on the way to you.  The details are all in post 1094 in this thread.

They are not on their way yet, but we are getting very close to the start of production so need to know people's set choices (and for any balances to be paid).

Cheers, Mike

Just checked.

It looks as if I received the updates up until Project Update No.9 (31 January 2015 15:33).

Then I seem to have dropped off your circulation list for whatever reason.

Fortunately I kept up to speed through this thread so was able to pay the balance in a timely manner.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben/Mike,

I have just been looking to try and pay for my Pendolinos.

I just want to check, on the website it says that you have to add postage for each pendolino that you have ordered.

Is that the case? As £30 to post 3 in one order seems quite high.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Cheers

Alistair

The website is correct I'm afraid - P&P (and insurance) for a Pendolino set is not going to be cheap and as we have no margin on the Pendolino we simply couldn't afford to subsidise P&P.

Cheers, Mike

The website is correct I'm afraid - P&P (and insurance) for a Pendolino set is not going to be cheap and as we have no margin on the Pendolino we simply couldn't afford to subsidise P&P.

Cheers, Mike

Ok thanks for explaining that, I will sort out and pay for them now then.

Alistair

Only just got around to paying the balance on my Pendo (apologies) and I didn't see anywhere to input order notes to help you match up the deposit and balance payments.

Is there anything you guys would like me to do here or shall I leave things be?

Thanks

Only just got around to paying the balance on my Pendo (apologies) and I didn't see anywhere to input order notes to help you match up the deposit and balance payments.

Is there anything you guys would like me to do here or shall I leave things be?

Thanks

I had the same issue so sent a message to the contact us email stating the order numbers.

Alistair

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

The livery and the bodyshape were both designed by the consultancy Priestman Goode and intended to harmonize together, so I would be surprised if Virgin were to alter the colour break lines too much.

They do seem to have swapped their silver for white on the VTEC and Azuma liveries, though that might be a nod to current apparent DfT preferences for trains to be painted white, with decals used to distinguish between operators.

The schedule suggests completion of all 56 trainsets by December 2019 at a rate of one set per fortnight, so we will probably see the first repaint around September 2017.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

To be honest, the next step (which I'm not looking forward to!) is matching up deposits and balances.  I'll make a start on that after the NGS AGM tomorrow. Once I've matched things up I'm sure there will be a few people to chase up so we will leave the payment pages up until everyone is sorted.

We had the second sample at DEMU's Showcase in June, we're actually waiting for the 3rd (and hopefully final!) sample which is mostly about the couplings!

Cheers, Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eddie reffin

I'm in a bit of a dilemma now. Since I ordered and paid for my pair of 9 cars, my modelling has had to become more focused in the 1985-91 period so I now have two sets coming that don't remotely fit in to the era or area (WHL/HML). The last thing I want is to appear as a profiteer by flogging them on eBay or similar. I can't justify £600 worth of train sitting in a box either! It's a shame because having seen the first one at Model Rail Scotland, it's a stunning model. At least I don't have to decide straight away!!

• RMweb Gold

I'm in a bit of a dilemma now. Since I ordered and paid for my pair of 9 cars, my modelling has had to become more focused in the 1985-91 period so I now have two sets coming that don't remotely fit in to the era or area (WHL/HML). The last thing I want is to appear as a profiteer by flogging them on eBay or similar. I can't justify £600 worth of train sitting in a box either! It's a shame because having seen the first one at Model Rail Scotland, it's a stunning model. At least I don't have to decide straight away!!

IMHO - If you have now paid for them, then once they arrive they are yours to do as you wish with them and I for one am not bothered if you sell them for much more than you paid. Its supply and demand and if someone is prepared to pay over the odds rather than order at the time (plus those that then wish they had ordered more, change of circumstance etc) then that is not your fault.

Cant wait ot get my hands on them like many others but there is no real rush - the wires arent going up any time soon at Banbury :sungum:

Guest eddie reffin

IMHO - If you have now paid for them, then once they arrive they are yours to do as you wish with them and I for one am not bothered if you sell them for much more than you paid. Its supply and demand and if someone is prepared to pay over the odds rather than order at the time (plus those that then wish they had ordered more, change of circumstance etc) then that is not your fault.

Cant wait ot get my hands on them like many others but there is no real rush - the wires arent going up any time soon at Banbury :sungum:

Maybe I could get them fitted with RETB!

Thanks for your positive comments, still got plenty of time to decide.

Cheers

Eddie

PS, Banbury is a cracking location