N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

Hi Barry

That has been covered in our regular newsletters and in our FAQs: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/faqs/ - the website has no way of knowing whether you want orders delivering to different addresses or if you have moved house, so as noted in the FAQ please drop us an email asking us to update the shipping address on certain orders (please tell us which orders).

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

I did send an email via the contact page on the revolution trains site just before christmas, hence the reason for my panic

barry

Hi Barry

That has been covered in our regular newsletters and in our FAQs: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/faqs/ - the website has no way of knowing whether you want orders delivering to different addresses or if you have moved house, so as noted in the FAQ please drop us an email asking us to update the shipping address on certain orders (please tell us which orders).

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have also moved and sent a message through your website (around a week ago) mentioning the order numbers and my new address, I have not heard anything back and the site still shows my old address on the individual orders, do you plan to confirm these changes? (i appreciate you are only 2 people but it would be good to know it is going to ship to the correct address)

Many thanks

Tim

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Barry - we haven't received an email from you - please can you re-send it. Thanks.

Tim - we received your email from the 26/1 and when I have a chance (we have been rather busy this week with the Pendolino orders closing) I will amend it.  Confirmation will be in the form that you will see the addresses changed.

Before we are ready to start sending out Pendolinos (ie the summer) we will ask all customers to double-check that their shipping addresses are correct.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Premium

You dot realise that this model of the Pendolinomis already out of date? The real Pendos have alterations to livery . The main effect is to have solid grey doors as opposed to previous diagonal scheme. There may be other subtle diiferences I am not aware of. Hopefully as not yet in production there might be chance to change paintwork specs.

This had been noted a few pages ago, but the livery is correct from delivery until the past year or so. As my layout is going to be set 2005 to current. I'm just happy that it's a Pendolino!

Isn't there only a few that have had the grey door treatment?

Alistair

Edited by alibuchan
  • Like 1

You dot realise that this model of the Pendolinomis already out of date? The real Pendos have alterations to livery . The main effect is to have solid grey doors as opposed to previous diagonal scheme. There may be other subtle diiferences I am not aware of. Hopefully as not yet in production there might be chance to change paintwork specs.

Who cares! We will soon have an absolutely stunning representation of the pendolinos on our layouts and that is the main thing. If people want to alter the door liveries, then that is their choice.

Roll on the deliveries to our door steps!

Edited by cornish trains jez
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Legend,

The changes to the doors have been an ongoing programme over the last year or so.

From May year the Pendolinos are progressively being fully repainted at Alstom's new technology centre at Widnes, though it is not clear whether the trains will receive a new livery.

That's the thing with the railway - it's always changing.

And in terms of livery modification, I think it's going to be quicker and simpler to repaint stripey doors plain grey than add stripes to plain doors!

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

Seeing as people have paid for the model on the understanding that it would arrive in the original livery, I don't think that changing the doors to represent a livery only carried in the past year or so would be a very good idea. I for one want the model to portray the time when they were being delivered so would not welcome a change to spec, especially at such a late stage. It would have been a good option at the point when we were choosing our liveries though.

Cheers, Andy.

Edited by thelochtatmonster
  • Like 1

Hi Gang,

I agree with the above...the model was plainly advertised in the early days as having the striped doors and the grey doors were discounted for production, so the chatter about grey doors is just revisiting a discussion previously settled.

Ben is quite correct in that the striped door is easier to convert to the later grey solid version, rather than vice-versa...and I'm sure an enterprising trader is just waiting to accurately size up the doors for replacement decals!!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yep, just in case Ben and Mike develop a complex - I want stripey doors too.

The most modern isn't best, so saying "it's out of date" is a bit of a moot point. The entire fleet have had striped doors their entire life, so it's still overridingly accurate for the vast majority of modellers. Even now they've not all been done, so it's only inaccurate for those modelling the future!

If you read back you will find that the options they gave were specifically in the 'present' condition i.e. no names which were had been superseded and any 390/1 sets were only available as numbered 3901xx. This seems to have changed when it come to stripy doors when its 'well it represents the majority of its life'.

I don't mind either way.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

For avoidance of any doubt, when the livery votes were cast and the decisions were made and at all times since then our artwork has shown models with striped doors.

For this reason everyone who has ordered a Pendolino in good faith will receive a model as advertised with striped doors.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 2

Hallo,

The Revolution Trains team have made a tremendous effort to realise this project - without them we would never have had a Pendolino in "N". Those who backed the project either in its Kickstarter or post Kickstarter phases knew what they were buying in to, the artwork was available to all prospective buyers. 

And whilst I know this may sound very harsh, is your comment just nit-picking? On the same logic it could be said that any model of a loco sold in a livery prior to it's current livery is out of date. I would suggest if you wish solid grey doors, have them re-sprayed / re-vinyled

I am looking forward to my order being delivered like a kid looking forward to Christmas and I wish to repeat my thanks to all involved (manufacturers, project leaders, backers) for getting this iconic train produced

es grüßt

pc

• Like 1

Hi all,

As already pointed out the topic of the door was discussed on here and elsewhere with the consensus been stripped doors and given that the doors have only started been changed over in the last 12 -  16 month time frame (IIRC) it makes perfect sense in my mind that the model comes with stripped doors.

If there is another run at a later date I have no doubt Ben and Mike will look at the doors as one of the livery changes as that livery alteration will have been around for a greater percentage of the pendolinos lifespan.

So stripy all the way for me as it give the best representation and well lets be honest if it wasn't for Ben and Mikes hard work we would still be moaning about not having a pendo never mind a recent change to the livery on doors!!

So a huge thanks to Ben and Mike for having the guts and ability to make it happen!

• Like 1

From May year the Pendolinos are progressively being fully repainted at Alstom's new technology centre at Widnes, though it is not clear whether the trains will receive a new livery.

Cheers

Ben A.

Ben,

Grey with a black roof I believe from what I've read

Jo

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Andrew,

The models are in production now. We saw Rapido last week who confirmed this, but of course with more than 10000 separate vehicles to produce it will take a few months to physically make the things.

As soon as we have an idea that they are nearing completion we will notify our customers.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Rapido have sent us some images showing progress on the Pendolinos.

It is hard to overstate the sheer amount of work required to manufacture these models. In the end we sold more of the 11-car units, meaning that well over 10,000 separate vehicles are needed, and that does not include sales made by Rapido themselves internationally.

Ignoring power cars, each vehicle comprises a bodyshell, interior, underframe, glazing unit and pairs of gangway connectors, bogies and coupler assembles as well as separate plastic and photo etched roof details. And that does not include the chassis assembly and the additional work required on the Pantograph cars, as they and the well details are all separately applied parts.

post-420-0-53210900-1494073220_thumb.jpg

Here bogie mouldings are being racked up for spraying. Allowing for Rapido's own models, and spares, maybe 25,000 will be needed. This job will probably tie up one worker for a solid week alone.

post-420-0-27487400-1494073417_thumb.jpg

There are several more images on our website, www.revolutiontrains.com , and of course we will keep customers updated once the models are nearing completion and being prepared for shipping.

Having last year delivered Britain's first ever crowd-funded RTR model we would, again, like to say a huge thank-you to all our supporters who stepped up and joined us to deliver what is set to be Britain's first crowd-funded complete train.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the update Ben. Great to get a glimpse of the assembly process and makes you realise just what an undertaking the Pendolino is (and why the major manufacturers have shied away from it!)

Tom. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike and Ben,

Any thoughts on the cases yet? Will it be individual boxes for each coach along the lines of Farish or maybe larger multiple coach cases along the lines of the Kato Eurostar and their other models?

Dave Pallant