Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium

Not advertised, but Halfords 300ml spraypaint cans are currently buy three, get a fourth one free/buy four for the price of three (cheapest one obviously the free one). If you buy four at £7 a can, they are costing you £21, or £5.25 each. Not bad. 

CoY

A quick call to my local Halfords and the assistant told me the deal is on all spray cans. Including everybody's favourite - 500ml grey primer.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Not advertised, but Halfords 300ml spraypaint cans are currently buy three, get a fourth one free/buy four for the price of three (cheapest one obviously the free one). If you buy four at £7 a can, they are costing you £21, or £5.25 each. Not bad.

CoY

Not advertised in the Bristol store, annoying as I bought 2 cans and would have bought more if I’d seen the deal...

Not advertised in the Bristol store, annoying as I bought 2 cans and would have bought more if I’d seen the deal...

I know that feeling!

I picked up more Enamel Grey Plastic Primer, more Satin Black (for GWR wartime black) and, as a 'cheap' experiment, two new shades of grey that will be going onto hitherto white GWR coach rooves: Rover Hurricane Grey and Plastic Bumper Dark Grey. 

Spraypaint cans don't exactly 'go off' and so it makes sense to stock up. Just got to pray for some dry, mild and windless autumnal days out in the back garden now! 

CoY

Edited by County of Yorkshire

CoY

Handy, as I'm going to Halfords today to buy some spray paint to do a car wing. I'll ask about the offer to confirm, if it isn't advertised anywhere. 

• Like 1

Handy, as I'm going to Halfords today to buy some spray paint to do a car wing. I'll ask about the offer to confirm, if it isn't advertised anywhere. 

Hi Jenny, 

It was definitely on in the Hull (St.Andrews Quay) store yesterday afternoon, though the sales assistant said that it hasn't been advertised with point of sale (POS) as it was a last minute directive from head office. I understand it applies to the 500ml cans as well. 

CoY

Probably been mentioned before but there are some very nice things on DCC Supplies Dapol Outlet section.

In the grade B (Which I have purchased a terrier from in the past and it only needed lamp irons straightening).

I spotted a couple of OO Beattie Well tanks, a LMS Steam sentinel, LMS 10001 and Dapol track cleaning cars.

https://www.dccsupplies.com/cl-325/Dapol-outlet.htm

Hopefully someone can grab a bargain.

OliverSR

Edited by OliverSR

It looks like Hatton's have unearthed some long discontinued items in the stock take over the past few days and they're listed at the original RRP, which makes for some good prices;

ViTrains 37 - £64 - http://www.hattons.co.uk/34522/Vi_Trains_V2069_Class_37_37668_in_EW_S_livery_Exclusive_to_Hornby_International_retailers_/StockDetail.aspx

Many more here - http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/New.aspx

Hi Jenny, 

It was definitely on in the Hull (St.Andrews Quay) store yesterday afternoon, though the sales assistant said that it hasn't been advertised with point of sale (POS) as it was a last minute directive from head office. I understand it applies to the 500ml cans as well. 

CoY

It is definitely on in Bolton, and there is a sign up confirming that it also applies to other body repair materials such as filler, masking tape etc. I took advantage. 

• Like 2

emodels of Stoke on Trent has the big 50ml tins of Humbrol enamel for £2.61; maybe worth considering if you need a few. Postage for 4 tins was £2.00 which was still cheaper in total than my local that never has the big matt white or blacks in anyway.

Lowest price I have seen the DB DVT trailer - £26. That has to be a bargain with a DCC socket and directional lighting - minor work if you are respraying into NR livery?

No connection with the shop - just a satisified customer

http://www.hattons.co.uk/98177/Hornby_R4655_Mk3_DVT_driving_van_trailer_82146_in_DB_Schenker_silver/StockDetail.aspx

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Do I get extra brownie points for mentioning a BRM-specific discount? In the October mag, there's an advert from Shapeways for 15% off your first 3D-printed order (up to 31st March 2018).

Enter code BRMXSW15 at checkout.

Once again, I spotted this a week after placing my first order...... Although, thanks to Colin Penfold, I got free delivery on that one (an offer that's now ended).

Cheers

Rob