Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

Fabulous. I had to check my emails to make sure that I'd ordered a sound version and discovered that I placed my order in November 2018. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

That sounds fantastic chaps, well done.  Just played that out through my sterio, and my neighbours and family aren’t happy either!

One quick query re your ongoing improvements. What was the decsion with the builder/works plates? I thought they were going to be removed from the tooling, but still looked to be present. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Roy Langridge said:

That sounds fantastic chaps, well done.  Just played that out through my sterio, and my neighbours and family aren’t happy either!

One quick query re your ongoing improvements. What was the decsion sith the builder/works plates? I thought they were going to be removed from the tooling, but still looked to be present. 

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thanks very much for your kind words!

This is still the first EP body, the builders plate is getting zapped as will be seen on the decorated samples when the tooling mods are finished. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Roy Langridge said:

One quick query re your ongoing improvements. What was the decsion sith the builder/works plates? I thought they were going to be removed from the tooling, but still looked to be present. 

Roy

I *think* it's the same pre-production model we've already seen - just noisier?

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Bucoops said:

I *think* it's the same pre-production model we've already seen - just noisier?

Not just noisier, fantastically noisier :music_mini2:

I think I will have to send my family on holiday when my sound pair arrive so I can have fun to the max. 

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

It did sound just like I remember that 55 in Lime Street warming up for the Trans-Pennine thrash to Newcastle 40 years ago - seriously still remember it - brilliant sound, 'though not so certain of the plumes nearly hitting the roof cowling of Lime St !!

Al.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Class 158 productions said:

Wonder how the bigger companies will react.

I said on another thread they should take a leaf out of AS and Revolution's book in terms of choice of stock, maybe doing odd runs of crowd funded stuff (where the excuse is they wont sell enough, sell them before any commitment is made) etc. on another thread and it just ended up with people arguing with me! Also in terms of doing runs of differently numbered wagons (which B are the worst for not doing IMO) although I would think Dapol are the leaders in this case as they were doing this ages ago, and still do (20 odd differently numbered HIAs now I think?).

1 hour ago, Class 158 productions said:

The Hornby 50 is now more expensive than the 55

Exactly. I brought up the point about the new H 91 lacking features such as independent end lighting and servo panto and people said it was down "features adding a lot to cost" .... but its going to be the same price as the AS 92 (which will have two servo pantos) and the B 90 so its probably more that they don't care or can make more money by not doing it. And that's why in a year's time I will have a B 90 an AS 92 and probably no H 91! If it was £120 I'd let it away with it. Things will only get better if we vote with our wallets and it annoys me that the biggest player seems to be the least interested in moving things forward, selling us newly tooled 8 pin stuff in 2020.

Back on topic, I watched the premiere last night and was very happy with how things looked/sounded. As it stands I won't be buying one, as the 55 isn't enough of an interest era wise to me (other locos I'd rather buy), but I have 4 37s and 1 92 on order so was keen to see what this looked like to give an insight to the others. I think I will probably be upgrading to sound on the 2 37s I haven't got sound ordered for.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

28 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Back on topic, I watched the premiere last night and was very happy with how things looked/sounded. As it stands I won't be buying one, as the 55 isn't enough of an interest era wise to me (other locos I'd rather buy), but I have 4 37s and 1 92 on order so was keen to see what this looked like to give an insight to the others. I think I will probably be upgrading to sound on the 2 37s I haven't got sound ordered for.

Rails are doing 2 preserved AS Class 55's for today's running...come on you know you want to :yes:

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, DLIBOD17 said:

Remember photting 37414 at Rhymney.......when a local teenager misread the loco headboard and asked me what "Trash (thrash !) in the Valleys was !!

I met her in Wales once :blush:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

12 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

If I am ordering something else it would be 37419

Yep I'll be getting that one as well...actually 5 Class 37's initially including 37419, 97301, 37409, 37423 & 37610 all with sound of course but 37425 will have to wait until later.

7 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Yep I'll be getting that one as well...actually 5 Class 37's initially including 37419, 97301, 37409, 37423 & 37610 all with sound of course but 37425 will have to wait until later.

I am on 97301, 37608, 37423 and 37425!

It was a toss up between 37419, 37423 and 37425 for which 2 to get.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

Fran, just wondering if the decoder will have a playable brake function?

I have this on several of my Locos and it really adds to the enjoyment of operating.

Do you mean push a button and the loco stops by itself?

The Loksound V5 has that functionality so even if AS don't put it in its just some CVs to change.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

Fran, just wondering if the decoder will have a playable brake function?

I have this on several of my Locos and it really adds to the enjoyment of operating.

Hi David,

It sure does!

Thanks to you all for feedback so far, we are pretty happy with it. Glad my waffling on didnt impact on the video enjoyment too much, first time I did a piece to camera in about 15 years. I'm certainly no @Ben A :lol:

More video content coming soon, so make sure you subscribe to our youtube page if you can.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Pillar said:

Sounds excellent!

Will the high and low horn tones be playable? I find this is a great feature which is sadly missing from many RtR sound-fitted locos.

Hi Pillar,

Many thanks. If you mean are the high and low horns separate functions and playable on their own, then I am happy to confirm that yes they are!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

Question: Am I correct in my memory that a Deltic would typically stand in a station with a single engine running and on departure when a particular load had been reached the second engine would start up?  Or was the second engine only idling until the appropriate load was reached.

If that memory is correct, will the sound file give that effect automatically?

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Question: Am I correct in my memory that a Deltic would typically stand in a station with a single engine running and on departure when a particular load had been reached the second engine would start up?  Or was the second engine only idling until the appropriate load was reached.

If that memory is correct, will the sound file give that effect automatically?

Hi Woodenhead,

Before they got ETH, both engines revved up and down in unison when the driver notched up and down. This loco is representative of that.

After ETH was fitted, the second engine would remain idling until the first would approach full power, then it would explode into life. We are working with ESU to feature this on appropriate locos.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6

Attention to detail there Fran - excellent.

I hope the locomotive is as fitting of this as the sounds are - which it does appear to be.

Still waiting!!

Al.

PS   Still no consideration for a 40?   It would tie in nicely, between the 37 and the 55 .... just saying!!

• Like 2