Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mrsnuzz said:

Hi all, 

would you be considering doing Stobart livery 92017 Bart the Engine?

image.png.cbbad02af5f50e0091d53231c53f3e93.png

Hi there,

We might be. Is there much appetite for it? It would make a nice special edition perhaps.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

On 09/03/2019 at 15:31, 071 said:

Hi there,

We might be. Is there much appetite for it? It would make a nice special edition perhaps.

Cheers!

Fran

I would rather an additional GBRf 92 in 'revised europorte' out of 028 or 043 than the stobart livery, personally. Ideally 92028. I am covered with DRS traction for the  Stobart/Tesco superliners. 

.....well that's at least six or seven 'Barts' Fran and Patrick....is that not a (very) special edition? In other (more important news) Can we not have another Triple grey one or 6? Or an unbranded triple grey one for modellers! 'Couperin' would be a good starting point?

• Funny 1

On 22 February 2019 at 09:26, 071 said:

Here is the first CAD draft of our forthcoming Class 92!

No, no, no sorry, that won't do.

It's so detailled.  I mean, look at the cables and gubbins round the buffer area!  The bogies are clearly a photo coloured grey, the little door handles for the cab, the sticky out horns...  I don't think that's a model at all.

We can't have that running round the layout!  It'll make my Super Detailled Hornby's look like toy trains :p

/ Congrats
Don't care much for electrics (I'm a multiple unit modeller really) but if you want encouragement - I can't give you enough!

• Thanks 2

On 22/02/2019 at 23:16, YesTor said:

Interesting to see the first CAD images.  A question if I may - I am curious as to whether you might have considered brass/metal turned horns for the cab roofs, especially as the horns are such a prominent feature of the Class 92?  And also as we have been used to plastic moulded horns for so long now, which in my opinion often leave a lot to be desired in terms of fidelity and realism and often the one detail on the front of any model that scream 'toy'.  Turned metal horns would be such a nice feature if they could be incorporated, especially as this is going to be such a 'high-spec' model in many other respects?  :)

cheers

Al

Maybe precise details are yet to be confirmed, but I'm not sure if anyone at Accurascale responded on the above point?  And apologies in advance if I have missed any reply.

Additionally - and please understand I have no intention to provoke a negatively-inclined debate over the DJM version of the 92 also concurrently in development - however, as I am sure everyone is aware,  CADs have recently emerged of the alternative version of the 92 coming to market, and in fairness, it has to be said that the roof detail on the 'other' version is looking quite impressive, with lots, and I mean LOTS of separately added details.  May I ask how the Accurascale 92 will compare in relation to roof detail?  The roof of an electric locomotive, to my eye at least, tends to be the most immediately noticeable area of the locomotive as there is often lots more going on than on the roof of most diesel locos.  The roof of a 92 is host to what appears more 'gubbins' than most other electric locos, and I am curious as to how this will be detailed, as in how much will be separately added parts, or will most be a one-piece moulding? 

Fair questions, I hope?  Hopefully someone will be so kind as to help clarify.

Thanks in advance...

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, YesTor said:

Maybe precise details are yet to be confirmed, but I'm not sure if anyone at Accurascale responded on the above point?  And apologies in advance if I have missed any reply.

Additionally - and please understand I have no intention to provoke a negatively-inclined debate over the DJM version of the 92 also concurrently in development - however, as I am sure everyone is aware,  CADs have recently emerged of the alternative version of the 92 coming to market, and in fairness, it has to be said that the roof detail on the 'other' version is looking quite impressive, with lots, and I mean LOTS of separately added details.  May I ask how the Accurascale 92 will compare in relation to roof detail?  The roof of an electric locomotive, to my eye at least, tends to be the most immediately noticeable area of the locomotive as there is often lots more going on than on the roof of most diesel locos.  The roof of a 92 is host to what appears more 'gubbins' than most other electric locos, and I am curious as to how this will be detailed, as in how much will be separately added parts, or will most be a one-piece moulding? 

Fair questions, I hope?  Hopefully someone will be so kind as to help clarify.

Thanks in advance...

Al

Indeed, I'd love to know what sort of detail Accurascale are going to include in this model. Some more detailed CAD views would really be a treat.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi YesTor, MGR,

Detail and fidelity at a great price is essentially our 'raison d'etre'!

Our humble cemflo wagon, now hitting customers letter boxes, contain no less than 106 separate parts per Wagon! 

You can read our update on the Deltic / Class 55 here, https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/deltic-progress-report where we outline the investment being made into the chassis, internal design and features like our dual speaker sound system, and cab dial lighting.

We will have updated factory-ready CAD on our 92 Project in the coming weeks, the result of hundreds of hours of onsite surveys with the wonderful team at Brush, and with our partners on this project Revolution, and we're absolutely confident it will be a 'wow' and set the standard for electrics going forward. 

On some specifics, we apply a very high number of detail parts, in plastic, etches steel and brass as the model requires, and the 92 will feature a 100% faithful roof, bogies and all other parts, as well as a pair of motorised pantographs, and the same chassis and sound / electronic systems as our deltic. 

I'll repost our standard specification for the 92 here, and you can review any of the planned models currently after this link: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/british-rail-class-92

Any questions let us know!

Common Features:

• Highly detailed OO scale model, 1:76.2
  • Die-cast Tungsten Alloy metal chassis
  • Provided DCC ready [21Pin MTX Socket] or Factory DCC Sound Fitted
  • Separately applied etched metal and high fidelity plastic detail parts, including grab handles, steps, wipers, nameplates, crests and more.
  • Correct height mini-tension-lock couplers with NEM socket as well as a fully detailed bufferbeam
  • High Performance traction, to include;
  • Five-Pole motor with two flywheels
  • Metal Helical Gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running
  • Gearing arranged for accurate top speed
  • DCC ready with PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power
  • All wheel drive and all wheel pickup
  • Dual motorised Pantographs with full DCC control
  • Fully detailed Lighting Pack, including: 
  • Directional lighting, DC and DCC
  • Lighting clusters with appropriate day and night-time modes
  • Red and white marker lights
  • Separately switched cab lighting and illuminated, details driver’s console, auto off on movement
  • RP25-110 wheels OO wheels with provision for re-gauging to p4 (18.83mm) and EM (18mm) gauge
  • Two quality speakers with large sound capsules for best possible sound (*on sound fitted models)
  • Fully sprung metal buffers
  • Extra fine factory-fitted pipework

Hope that helps!

Stephen

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Stephen

"Hope that helps!"  –  Thank you kindly for your reply, however to be fair no, sadly it doesn't really help.  Without trying to sound pedantic, the queries raised were very much specific questions regarding specific areas of the model and the info supplied is somewhat generalized/generic, and feels like a bit of a blanket sales pitch, if I may most politely say so. 

"...the 92 will feature a 100% faithful roof"  –   Again, this conveys as being somewhat vague and doesn't shed any light on the specific query at all, as surely all manufacturers will insist that their models are "faithful" reproductions?

Perhaps I should paraphrase my question a little more directly, in that essentially, which 92 is going to be more pleasing to the eye when viewed from above, Accurascale or DJ Models?

And with regard to specific details such as metal diesel horns, well... "We apply a very high number of detail parts, in plastic, etches steel and brass as the model requires, and the 92 will feature a 100% faithful roof, bogies and all other parts, as well as a pair of motorised pantographs", again with the greatest respect is a lovely sales pitch, however it fails to answer the specific query, which is essentially a question that simply requires a "Yes, decent metal horns" or "No, standard plastic horns" style of answer, I would have thought?   :)

All I can really add and with the greatest respect, is that specific answers to specific queries would win more points with this potential customer.   ;)

thank you kindly...

Al

Edited by YesTor

20 minutes ago, njee20 said:

With all due respect are you honestly expecting Accurascale to say “Dave’s will probably be better”?

No, but in fairness I did raise specific queries regarding specific details and the response, while detailed, seems to skirt around answering those points directly. 

20 minutes ago, njee20 said:

Just wait and vote with your feet/wallet.

Fine, normally I would agree, but remember that some of the current styles of purchasing (ie. deposit/crowdfunding) do not always allow the customer to wait until the models are physically on the shelves.  In a climate where modellers are placing deposits/funding prior to seeing the physical product it's only natural that people will on occasion have detailed questions about what they are actually buying?   ;)

Edited by YesTor

Fine, but remember that some of the current styles of purchasing (ie. deposit/crowdfunding) do not always allow the customer to wait until the models are on the shelves...  

Edited 3 minutes ago by YesTor

Except, in the case of the Class 92, DJMs model will be available for general purchase from Rails and Hattons once it's done and Accurascale are allowing people to put down a deposit for theirs which is proceeding in any event, so you would be able to wait and compare either both sets of "tooling ready" CAD artwork or wait until the models are finished.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bedlington North said:

Except, in the case of the Class 92, DJMs model will be available for general purchase from Rails and Hattons

Not all versions.  Besides, we are going off on a tangent here as the queries were not about where and how the models will be available, but instead two specific queries concerning two specific areas of the model.  Two very simple and straightforward answers would have sufficed.  The rest is irrelevant.

Edited by YesTor

20 minutes ago, Bedlington North said:

And as already pointed out to you, when Accurascale get to that stage you will be able to see and make the judgement for yourself on the specific points!

Wow!  Sheeeze, since when did it become a crime to ask a question!!!  Two very simple questions requiring two very simple simple answers (no more, no less), instead a tirade of reasons from onlookers as to why we shouldn't even be asking questions in the first place...  Words fail.

Edited by YesTor