Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, great northern said:

A rather unsuccessful image now, with a peculiar brown cast to it. We will get it out of the way, and be a little closer to W1 time.

114230365_7392.JPG.e1db49b9872e96066698a8f9ea851aec.JPG

I can't see much wrong with that, actually. It looks like the sort of shot we see from days of yore, albeit those weren't snapped from the 6' way! And by contrast with those old snaps - this one has real colour, as does the real world! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, great northern said:

Foggy here still. Indoor pursuits once more. Here is the morning York and Hull to KX service, and that filthy A2/3 is back on duty.

1420682567_11515.JPG.01010dd297830e93f2cbce37d8b91f49.JPG

I sometimes wish I'd picked the late 50s as a modelling era, purely for the fact of having Flithy Steam Locos!
I love the look of a very used engine.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, great northern said:

The Norseman now appears, with headboard, which was apparently unusual.

1502439036_8211.JPG.7d193ba4b1c449a788a2d2b51d75428c.JPG

I didn't crop this much, as it shows the massive bulk of the bridge well, and how Peter Leyland captured it.

In other news, this afternoon I went to have a small mole removed from my face. Unfortunately the surgeon wasn't happy with it, or another small one that had appeared close to it, so it finished up being a bigger job than I had expected. I now have what he described as a deep graze, which can't be stitched, so it is dressings to be changed three times a week for a while, by which time we should have biopsy results as well, and the nurse has warned me I may not get much sleep tonight. Never mind, it is what it is, and I shall deal with things as they become clearer.

I would like you all to know that a member of this forum volunteered to drive over 60 miles to be with me today, took me to the surgery, waited an hour and a half, brought me home, and organised everything for me, as I mustn't bend down for 24 hours. Among his several occupations he was in the past a nurse, and his knowledge and gentle support have been  a great comfort to an old chap with an anxiety disorder. Would you all please give a round of applause for Clive Mortimore. I could not ask for a better or more considerate friend.

Hi Gilbert

Sorry to hear about your problem, I have been in the same position for many years having various BCC’s removed as well.

I wish you a speedy recovery as soon as possible, and all credit to your friend and fellow member for his kind gesture in helping out in obviously a very difficult time for you.

All the very best.

David

• Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, great northern said:

Many thanks for the support, and for giving Clive a well deserved round of applause.

Quite so. Some words from the bard that seem most apposite:

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel

Hope the speedy recovery continues. Meanwhile, back to the trains...

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1