Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, great northern said:

There has to be more than one shot of Deltic whenever it vists, doesn't there?  So here it is again, probably inflicting future hearing loss on unsuspecting small boys.

347906211_7deltic2.JPG.c3e3d9f17140fd5bf4814ff026d37abb.JPG

Do you mean pure music to the ears??

• Like 3
  • Agree 7

44 minutes ago, great northern said:

Exposed to too much of that, one wouldn't be hearing much music in the ears, or much of anything else for that matter.

Totally useless information time.
Did you know that the New York Fire Department had some high capacity water pumps to blast water up to high rise buildings. They were powered by, yes, Napier Deltic engines.
I'll get my coat......Again!
Regards, 
Chris.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, great northern said:

Deltic roars off, but assault on the senses continues, as fish empties follow close behind.

1176786419_8fish.JPG.59715bafecfcd4b29151a30309921f1d.JPG

not quite the full effluvia of a loaded train, but the memory lingers on.

And now the noses are afflicted!

Lloyd (I can't stand the smell of fish)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, great northern said:

Exposed to too much of that, one wouldn't be hearing much music in the ears, or much of anything else for that matter.

What did you say? - I knew engineers who worked on Deltics as Young men - and suffered Tinnitus for the rest of their lives and little sleep due to the constant noise in their ears! Music it wasn't.

Regards

Chris H

• Agree 2

G'Day Folks

I had to go into the engine room of a Deltic as we passed Wood Green, as the boiler was playing up, didn't get out until around Barnet, still have a Hissing sound in my ears today 50 years on !

manna

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Dear Gilbert,

Can we look forward to 60700 roaring through in the near future?

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS Sorry speed limit would preclude roaring through I guess!

Edited by 30368
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 30368 said:

Dear Gilbert,

Can we look forward to 60700 roaring through in the near future?

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS Sorry speed limit would preclude roaring through I guess!

At PN it is now 1035am. 60700's regular duty is due at 1132am. PN time is not as slow as Little Muddle time, but is largely governed by availability of light. There are 11 more moves in the sequence before it is due, so it could be a while yet. We also have to factor in the time lag between my taking photos and their arrival on here, which can be up to a fortnight.

Taking all the above into consideration, we may see 60700 rolling through at the required 20mph somewhere around the end of the month. Unless, that is, it is due for examination and boiler washout, in which case it could be a lot longer. Can't remember when it last had an X day.:)

• Like 6
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, great northern said:

Taking all the above into consideration, we may see 60700 rolling through at the required 20mph somewhere around the end of the month. Unless, that is, it is due for examination and boiler washout, in which case it could be a lot longer. Can't remember when it last had an X day

It will be worth waiting for I'm sure.

Kind regards,

Richard B

11 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

I had to go into the engine room of a Deltic as we passed Wood Green, as the boiler was playing up, didn't get out until around Barnet, still have a Hissing sound in my ears today 50 years on !

manna

That was never a problem with the Gresley Pacific’s that the Deltics replaced , but I guess that’s progress for you :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

17 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

manna

Saw the origional Deep Purple line up at the Free Trade Hall, in the 70s.
I had a headache for four days afterwards and I'm certain that was the start of my slight tinitus!:lol:
Regards,
Chris.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2