The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Great news Jock! It is not a question of "putting up with you". We enjoy your company here on ERs - long may that last!It is quite a nice sunny morning here.Have a good day everyone...

Wot He said :)

Morning all, a white haze over Borough Market Junction. the skies were fairly grey on the fold in side of the  hill earlier and it promised rain; it was certainly very sticky.

Good news from Jock, and let's hope Tony gets through is day, although I rather fear that the day is going to go through him.....

Busy day ahead here, more chasing HMRC here as I have been unable to get a response out of the people I need it from.

Have a good day all

I've sourced a mechanic but I may have to use my red mini instead of a Fiesta unless someone decides to produce one in 1:76 scale.

Apologies to all for modelling content :) but here you are Polly:

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/navigationOX/76/auto/FORDFIESTA/76IndexFORDFIESTA.html

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dave's weather has been here overnight as well, definitely no sunshine.

A mixed day this morning............

Off to BSA in B'ham to pick up various bits and pieces (no guns this time) which is good.

Not so good is that last night was the Obergrumpenfuhrer's query as to where I was going:

'Oh!  You'll be passing Ikea on the way back, won't you? (rhetorical question)  I'll come with you and on the way back we can call in there, and Boundary Mills as well.'

Still, it does mean I can price up some cupboards, shelving and flooring for the new workshop.

Probably more importantly I can see it rather than look at pictures of it as I find there is a big difference.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Damp day in carlisle earlier, heading south now on a pendolino, 9th time in as many days, same job again tonight but at the end of it tomorrow im going to the caravan which thankfully is only 20 mins from kingmoor

Racing south to get home so i can get the eldest to his induction day at his new high school, a hig day for him, hes very nervous as can be expected!

Morning all from red dragon land where the pendolinos aren't dragged anymore.  :cry:  :mosking: 

On the pendolino, it occured to me, a little while back, what would a little old lady consider to be on the top of her crazy-idea-but-I'd-like-to-do list?  When a teenager, it was to fly on Concorde but I never did but then I had this really crazy idea of flying up the WCML in the cab of a Pendolino.  Don't know why, other than I love seeing them fly past or come into a station, cos I do not do Big Rides - not often, anyway. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Well, on that cheery note, I'd better get the recycling sorted before the bin men arrive.

Have a good day, all and hope you achieve something worthwhile.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a dull but dry Estuary-Land. Great news Jock, hope you'll be around for some time to come. My ambition is to reach the magic 100, only slightly over two thirds of the way yet though. My favourite bread is the malted grain granary variety which I normally obtained from Tesco's. Last week I was told that they had discontinued it so now I have to make an extra journey to Sainsbury's for my bread. Why they have done so is a mystery as I have been told by the staff that its always been a strong seller. Have a good POETS day all.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Some rain earlier but should be a cloudy and mainly dry but humid day.

Good news: I am about to boil up the wallpaper stripper at long last and start on the railway room.

Not so good news: The Boss wants to help....this may well result in dinks in the plaster that will need filling!  :butcher:

Have a good one,

Bob.

Morning all, and a rather odd morning it is, to be certain.

Up since crack doing politicals after last night's meeting. Now taking a break and making the first of what I think may be a number of display stands for locos - very simple, bit of plank, routed edges, varnished, rail and ballast. This one's for a GBL Rocket and coaches. Others (and a display cabinet) may follow.

Great news from Jock, keep on truckin' that man! Sorry to hear about the wallpaper, Bob. A job I hate and Julie loves so not something I've done much of, but that steamy old-paste smell...

Lots of stuff to write today, and the car to pick up and test drive this afternoon (I wonder how much? I'm betting £400+, Julie says £800...) so best get on with it...

Have a good day, all.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Well done Jock - I'm sure the positive is helping.

Odd thing this interweb thingy - on another thread there's some Junior Kickstart footage linked and I idly wondered if my late cousin might be on it although I wasn't sure if he was ever on the programme; anyway he wasn't.  That set me off on a little bit of googling to see if his name cropped up elsewhere and lo & behold in 2009, 21 years after his murder, there's a bit from a bloke who bought his 500 Cagiva then another bit from a bloke who owned the bike in 2009 and was looking to restore it.  Oddly the only other thing I could find was a 1987 motocross programme when he was riding a 250 Suzuki.  Very talented lad on motocross and would probably have finished up as a professional as he was already getting works sponsorship in his teens - that's the way the world runs, sometimes it can be nasty.

Anyway to far brighter things - a small group of RMweb'rs are tomorrow gathering from almost all the four points of the compass to take lunch on the GCR's dining train so I will be a very ER and won't be visiting here until a lot later.  I'm not at all sure why someone put Loughborough where it is - when the GC was still open as part of the real railway it would have been quite simple to get to from here, nowadays it isn't, but the old bit of GC is quite nice and it's a nic e bunch of folk going so it should be a good day.

So havea  good day one & all - and the same for tomorrow.

• Like 12

Morning all,

Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments as usual, truly supportive and very uplifting!

Catching up has been a lengthy task between my taxi chores but, as usual, an interesting and worthwhile trawl. I would love to respond to every post but it just isn't possible so I've done so to a few before leaving for my next task!

Dave(TG), another few sets of lovely images, highlighting just how many beautiful parts of the UK there are to be explored! Our fingers are still tightly crossed that Is's results are what she would wish for - normally anything terribly urgent gets notified fairly quickly in my experience!

Tony_S, hope your 'procedure' isn't too uncomfortable, and that the results are positive too! That 'jollop' you have had to imbibe sounds disgusting - the worst I have to take is called 'Gastrografin' which is a horrid aniseed like flavour potion which has to be consumed in 1L of water during the hour preceding my frequent CT scans, but at least it can be flavoured with Ribena or similar. Please keep us posted.

Andy(ram), sorry to hear of the invidious position you've found yourself in - family politics can really be like walking across a minefield! As a matter of interest, has Sarah ever managed to 'get on' with your mum? I used to struggle with my mother's attitude as nobody seemed to be good enough for her No1 son. It was refreshing when Joanna first came on the scene as, being more mature, she went 'head to head' with mum on the issue and immediately gained respect! They became very close indeed.

AndyID, that 'trailer' looks like a very useful 'spare room' - wouldn't it have been easier to find one nearer to home? There has to be a story lurking in there!

Polly, it's really good to see that the spirit of the 'railway navvies' is alive and well in the land of the Red Dragon!

Flávio, I am terribly disappointed to read about your treatment by the Swiss 'unemployment' system - it is difficult to understand how it can be so poor when so many aspects of the country are exceptionally good which is presumably why you chose to live there? I do hope things turn out well in the end - are none of the banks interested in helping with 'start-up'. I had a great deal of assistance from the one with the black horse, albeit years ago, once they had examined my business plan for the Renault dealership in Clacton. Naturally, my house stood as security though!

Jamie, it's good to hear that your tour is going so well and I'm sure I am not alone in looking forward to more lovely images like those of the old mill and Eiffel's bridge, when you get re-connected. Be safe.

big jim, hope you make it back in plenty of time to support the youngster, that first visit can be pretty scary for them. Make sure you enjoy the break in the caravan, you certainly have put the hours in lately!

Hope a good weekend beckons for you all, and that those involved in the Perth exhibition have a safe journey, and a great show!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Apologies to all for modelling content :) but here you are Polly:

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/navigationOX/76/auto/FORDFIESTA/76IndexFORDFIESTA.html

Thanks, Andy but perhaps I should have been more specific.  It's the 2006 model I'm after.

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2007/11/13/18/24/2006_ford_fiesta-pic-35237.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Why don't you complain, Polly?

I did once but still ended up on the Octopus at a Friday night fairground.  I'm not sure who regretted it most, me or my mates.

OK folks, this time a week ago I was fully mobile, only a week later and I'm (metaphorically) running around the ceiling. Bingley doesn't seem to mind though :-)

post-1525-0-30470400-1435321904_thumb.jpg

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 17

Lunchtime.

Glad to hear the mostly good news, Jock.

A horrid rainy morning has given way to very humid sunshine here, a very odd day.

Ooops, crumbs in the keyboard....

YOUR rain is here now!

• RMweb Premium

Stick with it Jock!

Off to wife's work to meet up with one of my team for the weekend - Nobby(John) - for a full brekkie. Then it's off to Perth Ex.

Have a good weekend folks.

Cheers,

Mick

Hope the M6/M74 are kind to you today, then,,,,,Enjoy the show, and hope for smooth running all weekend.

Afternoon All

Lovely day here again (NOT) - it seems that somebody has forgotten to tell the weather here that it's got better and the sun is shining - listening to the Ginger Whinger today on R2 at Glastonbury, you'd have thought that it was sunny all over the land.  It seems to be endemic of London based radio presenters that the weather that they can see is what is going on everywhere!

Great news again from Jock (nearest I can get to your tartan on this board - they don't do tartan typefaces)  - our very own fighter - and always supportive of everybody else's more minor carps (correct word for once) and complaints when he is carrying a pretty big burden himself.

Hope all goes well for those others who are attending events - family and otherwise - this weekend, and Jim, when you are next on the Southbound logs, give us a shout, as I will need some for the winter, and if you can arrange to sit at Lancaster for a few minutes, I should be able to get myself fettled LOL.  Seriously, I often see the logs going South, but seldom the empties going North, and judging from your posts, I'd need to be a pretty early riser so to do....

Had to go into town first thing as I was starting to look like the wild man on Borneo so a small fortune paid to the hairdresser, and also 30747 had her eye test today - with mine last week, so that's a load of new specs coming chez 45156 in the near future - ouch to the plastic there, as we both have quite specific needs as to the type of lens that we have.  Also found out from the hairdresser's receptionist, who is an ex-colleague, that several of my old work friends have gone the same way as me, with enforced exits on the most slim of pretexts, including one manager whom I had known for 20 years.  That really was not a nice place to work, and appears to be no better now.

Lily needs her last post-op check today and her ears are still not 100% clear, so I think some swabs and bacteriology are needed to get to the bottom of what ails her - I'm seeing the vet this PM.

Dinner duty calls, as 30747 has gone to her art group, and I'm deputed to peel the spuds.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 14

Afternoon all from an intermittently damp Scottish HQ! Feeling rather zombie-like today, as I think I've got the beginnings of some bug or other.

Need to do something as old-fashioned as get a library book renewed today or tomorrow before I get a fine.  Still debating Perth Show tomorrow, will say hi to Mick if I can spot him (if I feel up to going).

Been attempting to find a decent deal on Danish Krone for next weekend, but keep finding hidden stings in the various systems when I get to a late stage of the ordering process. Think I may end up getting them via the Post Office in town, who don't have the best rate, but don't have a minimum amount.

Good news from Jock - pleased to hear that!  Haven't seen a post from BoD in a little while (may have missed some!), but I presume he'll be on final countdown now.

Enjoy your Friday!

Some good news from me for a change:

The Cousin who has been investigated for Lung Cancer for the last nine weeks and was due for another 'bronchoscopy and scan' yesterday has been told by the Consultant that there is the possibility that the symptoms arose from an infection where he had TB as a child.

Not confirmed yet but it's looking hopeful.

(In the meantime of course they've had nine weeks of torture, including flying relatives back from all over the world - but ... it could be great news).

Tickets went on sale for Annie's Head Shaving function (on 25th July) yesterday and are already half sold - a full house is expected by tomorrow.

Folk were calling at the house while I was still in my dressing gown.

Raffle prizes have started arriving including an £85 Free Will from my solicitor (which I'll auction) and a stupendous set of screwdrivers, also worth £85.

A retired Florist is preparing a large bouquet for Annie (and there is wine) on the night.

It's going well.

(I'll put the last bit on the Annie thread).

• Like 16

Just home and coffee'd - Sandy has to have a test today where they dilated her pupils so she couldn't drive, so I left work early to find that there'd been an accident in the road works on the A38 in Brum. So queues and diversions. Got there and to the hospital early, and straight in. This is all due to her diabetes - runs in the family.

Results by post to doc, so we'll have to wait.