The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Just stopped by for an infrequent evening visit to ERs and maybe play a little catch-up, but stopped in my tracks.

Damn, Geoff - that is terrible news. Sincere condolences.

Morning all! About 20 pages since I last checked in on Friday (?) so not much chance of catching up.  Commiserations and congratulations as usual!

Father's Day was spent at the Royal Highland Show with Jamie which was nice, an enjoyable day with just a couple of very light showers. I'm now on countdown to my long weekend in Copenhagen - still another 9 days to go, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also need to sort out stuff for Jamie's summer holiday - we're staying 2 nights in London, and 2 in Windsor.  Planning to do Lion King, LEGOLAND, Harry Potter studios, Tower of London, Windsor Castle...

Save some money for a burger meal at the Rain Forest Cafe near Picc Circus.  Great for kids!

Well, that was easy!

post-25691-0-75749600-1435181610_thumb.jpg

Mobile spare room now in Idaho after 3000 mile round trip. I got as far as Butte, Montana when son's domestic defugalties necessitated a sudden U-turn and a trip to Tacoma. Nine year old grandson was then enlisted to ride "shotgun" from Washington to Orange County, California, then back to Idaho. He is currently swimming in the lake under MrsID's supervision (it's a lot easier than trying to get him into a shower).

They say it's going to be "triple digits" (over 100F) here on Sunday, which is most unfortunate for the headbangers poor souls who will be participating in this local event http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/coeur-dalene.aspx#axzz3e1CR6VFo

We might be wishing the house had AC before the weekend is out, but fortunately, the caravan is hooked up to a 30 amp service, so we can always make a tactical retreat to it if it gets too toasty.

As Benny Hill might have said, "Carpe Dame"

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

been a long day.

Grammar School at Leeds won convincingly in what was a really nice 35 overs a side game. Nice sandwiches for lunch/tea and a luxury coach provided to get there and back (normally used by Leeds Rhinos!)

Off to bed! More cricket tomorrow! (North of England U15s trials) 

Commiserations Geoff - I have tried to convince my elder sister to pack in the evil weed but to no avail but I will keep on trying.

Baz

• Like 13

Evening all,

Fell asleep in front of the TV this evening - result of a tiring day following a poor night's sleep! Simply can't manage much of a post tonight, but felt I had to offer my commiserations to Geoff over the loss of your brother. Even if you weren't close, it still comes as a blow!

I've got my monthly oncology appointment fairly early tomorrow at Colchester General, but I hope to play catch up tomorrow night!

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night all!

Edited by Jock67B

• RMweb Premium

Went to work today thinking would have to take smallest cat to be put down.... took her to the vets no problem ( Bruce the Aussie vet) leave her a month then we will see how she does tail amputation cancel that. Happiness all round! 

Condolences Geoff even a distant brother is still family.

G'Night all

Edited by skipepsi
  • Like 13

My thoughts are with you. Geoff, , , I have lost 3 brothers prematurely, and it hurts.

Good luck with the hospital Jock.

Squidling is getting to be a proper little man. . . Thanks for posting the photo.

Today I have been mostly soldering a printed circuit board for controlling 4 servo motors . . .Fumes were a bit. . .like. . . . yeah . . . 

Goodnight all . . .sleep well.

Morning all. A planned ER with a long day today. Plenty of coffee as soon as I've got breakfast out of the way.

Jock - I hope that the results of your monthly oncology are what we all hope for

Also good to see squidling is growing rapidly.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 11

Good morning all, as the sun rises over a grey (well, it would be) Carshalton-sur-Mer and the blackbirds warble out their merry tunes.

Been up since 3, I hate insomnia... 

Good luck today, Jock. Hope it goes well. Nothing to report except that you can't put Kadees on a Dapol Terrier but you can easily put them on a Hornby E2. And I may get the car back today. I hope so, politicals later and I need it.

However my leg still hurts. Lessons in life:

1) Don't go and do woodwork in your shed if you are wearing shorts.

2) If you do, don't lean a large board with a big vice bolted to it up against the workbench.

3) Don't then move the workbench by sawing something on it.

4) If you do, get your leg out of the way sharpish. I didn't. Nasty graze/bruise/ouchiness.

Here's a picture from the Carshalton-on-Sea fest, I hope you like the Gretsch.

post-17799-0-86057800-1435203988.jpg

Have a good day, everybody.

Well it's definitely morning now, so greetings to all.

Duncan; hope you enjoyed your breakfast and that the coffee's doing its job.

Dick; insomnia is not good, probably aggravated by you injured leg?

Dom; good morning, how's Leipzig today?

Best wishes to all and good luck with'goings on' - planned or not.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very sorry to hear your news Geoff.

Blue sky and forecast is for a dry warm day with plenty of sunny spells so that's OK.

Unlike the last couple of days I have things to do! Off to hospital at 7.30 for a PSA test then to the chemist when they open to collect a prescription. Then various bits of domestic stuff called for including gardening and a BBQ to clean as I forgot  to do it after last weekend. This will be followed by a dose of shopping at Sainsbury's. After lunch who knows?

Well I suspect "somebody" might have an idea but by then I may rebel and lock myself away with the trains!

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Nice morning in carlisle, overcast but dry, just on a pendolino heading home pulling into penrith

Took the proper camera with me last night so got some nice pics of tornado in kingmoor, ill post them in my thread later on when i upload them

• Like 18