The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

30 minutes ago, AndyID said:

We stopped getting JWs here ...

Did you ever see any in your present neck of the woods?

I don't see many proselytizers. Next door adjoins property where the local Latter Day Saints' ward meeting house is situated. Many people in the neighbourhood are members of the LDS* congregation. I think this is a deterrent to local door knocking.

* Formerly known as Mormons, but they don't like being called that anymore.

• Like 16
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I hope the face masks I ordered arrive soon, preferably tomorrow morning. Apparently the Royal Mail are still delivering but they will leave any parcels on the front step, knock and retreat. I'm also hoping that the ultra-violet torch arrives soon, it will be effective on most surfaces as long as theres nothing to stop the light reaching said surface.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

No G today.

Just TU.

The current situation has made the NB household put the effort [*] into tidying up the conservatory for use as a WFH workspace. It has long been used as a convenient store/junk overflow for many years.

A quick refresh of the paintwork is also on the agenda - possibly Monday afternoon. There will also be a replacement of the silicone around the window frames as I panic bought two tubes at the local Screwfix earlier.

[*] As a result of today's episode/saga, it won't be long before I go for "B"

Stay safe folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18