Kernow Adams O2

• RMweb Premium

See the smeg - sorry - semg page on the class. :sungum:

According  to SEMG No 10 did not ever receive a Drummond boiler , only Nos 11 , 15 , 63 and 361.  Muz,s model would  need an Adams firebox grafted on a Drummond boiler it did not ever happen.

As the postings above now include most useful comparison between the O2 and T1.

My preferred timeline is 1946, expanded to include the decade before Nationalisation. I believe that both Number 7 and 255 were Friary locos at that time, and would have been seen together on any number of occasions.

post-489-0-46783900-1443548650.jpg

Likewise, pull-push set 734 was Plymouth based immediately post-war:

post-489-0-53265000-1443548704.jpg

My new K2105 has joined contemporary company.

The layout is work in progress at the earliest stage.

PB

• Like 9

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of 2 of the three O2's I have on order, both have been charged to my card but as the ship with the second O2 has only just docked it doesn't look as though any O2's will be running on Camel Quay at Wigan MRE this weekend. Boo Hoo!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

According  to SEMG No 10 did not ever receive a Drummond boiler , only Nos 11 , 15 , 63 and 361.  Muz,s model would  need an Adams firebox grafted on a Drummond boiler it did not ever happen.

Hi

Yes I am aware of the error with the dome on my model to t1 no.10 it is on the list of things to correct, having been built in my earlier days when I just the kit as it came (as it only had the one dome supplied) rather than used a kit to make a model.

Dear all

As many of you know, I used to work for Kernow. Having spent the day at Havenstreet many years ago with Dave Jones, assisting with the laserscan of 'Calbourne' and taking 100s of detailed photos - I would love to see more photos of the model. I am at home recovering from a major operation and cannot go to the shop for several weeks.

Any photographers out there like to share some pictures?

Andrew

An absolute beauty! thank you.

But that foam packing is not right. Eastleigh used green foam packing for their locos, surely?

Quite right. But Mr Bulleid changed the shade of green and called it "Malachite".

Surely Nine Elms used sage for their packing foam?

I'm kidding of course. It should be Adams green, not Drummond sage or Urie whatever that olivey pea soup colour is called.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for the photos. I am biased but she looks superb and definitely worth the wait.

How can I run one on my 1990s/2000s China Ckay themed layout? I imagine that the Bodmin and Wenford could have Calbourne on loan one day and she takes a trip on the mainline with clay hoods!!

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the photos. I am biased but she looks superb and definitely worth the wait.

How can I run one on my 1990s/2000s China Ckay themed layout? I imagine that the Bodmin and Wenford could have Calbourne on loan one day and she takes a trip on the mainline with clay hoods!!

The  Bodmin  and  Wenford  have  had  Calbourne  on  loan,  no  need  to  imagine.  (2012)

Unfortunately  the  mainline  Clay  Hood  trip  would  have  to  be  an  add  on.

Pete

• RMweb Gold

I saw 30182, the one I'm waiting for,on DJM's stand at Fareham today. If this, and the J94, Class 71 EP and well tank also on the stand represent what we can expect from him it really does look like a golden time for rtr. They are simply superb.

• Like 3

Dear all

As many of you know, I used to work for Kernow. Having spent the day at Havenstreet many years ago with Dave Jones, assisting with the laserscan of 'Calbourne' and taking 100s of detailed photos - I would love to see more photos of the model. I am at home recovering from a major operation and cannot go to the shop for several weeks.

Any photographers out there like to share some pictures?

Andrew

It looks absolutely superb from the photos. Mine's still on a ship I believe (30225) but from what we can now all see it will well worth the wait. And with the sample photos of the gate stock looking great too, we are, as has been posted above, indeed in a golden age

More power to your elbow!

Edited by The Lurker

The Gate Stock does look gorgeous, but given the number of us who will have ordered the IOW versions of the 02, I just wish someone comes up with some carriages to go with them, even if just kits. Nothing on the market as yet, unless modelling the IOW pre-02's. There are some near-enoughs around, and these will have to do for now - I don't fancy cutting and shutting several £70 kits, and probably ruining half of them!

• Like 1

Sadly we shall have to make do for a long time, with the Islands stock being unique and second hand, some were heavily modified like the SECR birdcage brakes, it was very mix and match so would be difficult for a manufacturer to produce any, and I hate to say it kits to, shall just have to use Ratio or suburban coaches, which are just about passable. Sadly shall have to keep dreaming.

• Like 1

Hi

For those looking for IOW stock there are currently some kits listed on Ebay item no 271926200332. Look to be manufactured by SmallBrook studio on the island itself. Absolutely no link to the company and I can't make recommendations one way or the other but I may order a set for when my 02 gets here.

Atb

Nik

• Like 1