EBay madness

Marcyg

2 hours ago, CHAZ D said:

Again :o    and you've got to collect it!

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Definitely two different models and even if they were the same, no way that the damage seen to the one you have received was ever done by a clumsy postie, looks more like warping due to either makzak rot in the chassis or deformation of the plastic body which is known to happen to certain older models.

If you get no satisfaction from the seller, put a proper full Ebay claim in and get your money back through the correct channels.

EDIT - Just noticed also it is a different box too, one has the remnants of a price ticket upper right on the front, the other does not.

Thankyou John and others who offered opinion and/or advice.

After more 'requirement' to return the model from NZ to the UK Derbyshire seller,  he said he had been in touch with Ebay and it was necessary to return the model before a refund could be made in all circumstances , the seller was still adamant that he had only one model, and curiously said he had removed the box price label for the photo in the ad,  not mentioning how it re-appeared on the model I received.

He had all along been very keen to have the model back. Originally he had said that he would make a claim off Royal Mail for the damage, and of course still have the returned model, before refunding my money.

In any event I stated that I thought the model was faulty and was prepared to leave it in the hands of Ebay with photos until the usual 7 day time-frame for agreement was up, but the seller asked Ebay to intervene just now  and in a few minutes Ebay found in my favour and also refunded my delivery cost, a total of UKP153  which is now in my Paypal account.

The seller asked me to stop discussing it here. 

Ebay says the case is closed.

So many thanks for the independent objective opinions.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, JDW said:

It's a curious thing. Any chance of some more information? What was it, why the unusual layout?

Looks like they put the body on wrong way round...……….

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, JDW said:

It's a curious thing. Any chance of some more information? What was it, why the unusual layout?

Its was one of Mr.Dean's experimental locomotives originally built as a 2-4-2WT and then converted in 1897 to a 4-4-0 ST as seen in its present form here with extended front frames to accommodate the front bogie . It worked on the Liskeard and Looe Railway and then into Devon ( Brixham branches / Plymouth and also Highworth ) after which it finally went back to Swindon eventually being scrapped in 1926.

Lovely little loco. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

It should really be in a museum as a monument to when the UK could still make things and to 'Brentry' (That's why she was 'Concorde' with an 'e').

(I'll steer clear of the politics on this one....)

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1