EBay madness

Marcyg

16 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

With one cell you could have become the US president. I assume it's brain cells we are referring to?

Mike.

I have to say that I think we have been very harsh on the outgoing president. 

He has in fact brought to the table everything that the voter has come to expect.

1. He has failed to deliver on pre election promises.

2. He has made any number of gaffes that made himself and his country a laughing stock.

3. He has left the country in an equal or worse mess than before he arrived.

4. He has thrown a toddler tantrum and blamed everyone but himself when the electorate turned their backs on him.

5. He is likely to leave his failed post with bulging pockets and be headed for even greater wealth.

I reckon that is a 100 per cent score,

He would go down a storm in Britain.

Look at the useless self serving politicians we have elected in the last six or seven decades.

PS. I didn't think much of the one DT beat to the polls either, sorry America, I reckon you were damned if you did, damned if you didn't.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Sorry 'boit that.

But...

Offtopic? You don't know if he got his toupee or his advisors cheap off eBay and had to make an "item not as described" complaint.

Or whether several million Americans wish that they could complain to eBay....:sarcastichand:

To think that when I was a kid, people mocked Reagan. He at least will go down in history as having been instrumental in ending the cold war.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Meanwhile back on eBay...

Rocket Railways to the rescue

Must be fun to use this footbridge on a rainy day...

Cheers

Darius

It's a reinforcing gusset for welded tube construction, it's amazing what you can re-purpose!

Mike.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It's a reinforcing gusset for welded tube construction, it's amazing what you can re-purpose!

Mike.

It's definitely one of those "I've seen something like that but I can't think where" items.

As for it being a railway footbridge, or being worth almost £20 with the postage, I reckon that it qualifies for at least 50 points on the Poop-o-meter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Sorry 'boit that.

But...

Offtopic? You don't know if he got his toupee or his advisors cheap off eBay and had to make an "item not as described" complaint.

Or whether several million Americans wish that they could complain to eBay....:sarcastichand:

To think that when I was a kid, people mocked Reagan. He at least will go down in history as having been instrumental in ending the cold war.

Static grass hair? One would never have to worry about going 'thin on top' ever again! ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

With one cell you could have become the US president. I assume it's brain cells we are referring to?

Mike.

That comment is an insult to brain cells :)

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I have to say that I think we have been very harsh on the outgoing president. 

He has in fact brought to the table everything that the voter has come to expect.

1. He has failed to deliver on pre election promises.

2. He has made any number of gaffes that made himself and his country a laughing stock.

3. He has left the country in an equal or worse mess than before he arrived.

4. He has thrown a toddler tantrum and blamed everyone but himself when the electorate turned their backs on him.

5. He is likely to leave his failed post with bulging pockets and be headed for even greater wealth.

I reckon that is a 100 per cent score,

He would go down a storm in Britain.

Look at the useless self serving politicians we have elected in the last six or seven decades.

PS. I didn't think much of the one DT beat to the polls either, sorry America, I reckon you were damned if you did, damned if you didn't.

Just to put the record straight, a very large part of the electorate did not turn their backs on him. He has just polled the second largest total of votes in US presidential history. How that can be, I really don't understand.

I do agree with you that big part of his 2016 victory was about the Democrats losing due to an unpopular candidate.

• Like 2

They're all beaters to be honest, though one looks like a refugee from Quintinshill. To be fair, it's a charity shop selling them, I imagine that they will fetch decent money.

The bigger question is, as they aren't toy trains, how did they get into that state?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 73c said:

''very good, except some damage on one''   Your mission Jim, should you decide to accept it, is to work out which ONE out of the 3.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-Hornby-OO-gauge-locos-unboxed-Mar/264954634478?hash=item3db086e0ee:g:SCwAAOSwBGJfvPtF

Hmmm, it looks like the fireman on the LMS 10695 shoveled in a little to much coal; fire out the stack! :yahoo_mini:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 27/11/2020 at 21:18, 73c said:

''very good, except some damage on one''   Your mission Jim, should you decide to accept it, is to work out which ONE out of the 3.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-Hornby-OO-gauge-locos-unboxed-Mar/264954634478?hash=item3db086e0ee:g:SCwAAOSwBGJfvPtF

Well, the Austerity is a Hornby loco, so one out of three ain't bad...

The others?

A Bachmann L&Y 2-4-2 tank and a Heljan Class 14 "Teddy Bear".  The damage on the Bachmann is quite clear to see, but to describe either the Heljan (missing coupling rods, damaged handrails, missing couplings, missing buffer one end, missing ENTIRE buffer beam t'other) or the Austerity (damaged handrail, missing couplings) as "very good condition", "seem like new" is pushing things a bit!

Oh well, there's 5 days for lunatic bidders to push the prices up, which is ok for the Charity but they're worth about a fiver each, at most...

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 27/11/2020 at 22:25, J. S. Bach said:

Hmmm, it looks like the fireman on the LMS 10695 shoveled in a little to much coal; fire out the stack! :yahoo_mini:

And the resultant high boiler pressure blew the safety valve off

and lifted the body completely off the chassis

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

This seller seems to be working on the premise

that where there's muck theres brass.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-tunnel-portal-type-B1-vintage/114546965633?hash=item1aab87fc81:g:CcUAAOSw9-Rdo5F3&redirect=mobile

They've been listing this for over a month,

for some reason no one is interested.

Edited by rab

48 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

Its nice to know that

CAR HAS NO DAMAGES.

and as its pre-early 70s, there's no car tax or MOT required!

Oh....  :crazy:

7 hours ago, rab said:

This seller seems to be working on the premise

that where there's muck theres brass.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-tunnel-portal-type-B1-vintage/114546965633?hash=item1aab87fc81:g:CcUAAOSw9-Rdo5F3&redirect=mobile

They've been listingvthis for over a month,

for some reason no one is interested.

One of my pet hates is the way some of the, shall we say, less literate sellers spell 'Gauge' it is NOT gauge. This seller has put OO in the 'Gauge' box in the description and even that did not point out to them that it is spelt incorrectly in the title!

Richard

• Agree 2