EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

How about lots of people putting it in their watch list, just to get his hopes up?

As the seller is a dealer with a usually extensive list of s/h stock I expect he's aware it's a turkey.

Pete

I would have been up for this but unfortunately it' s an open-ended sale/BIN/Make Offer, with no expiry date. I think it's a good idea to come back to, if there's anything else that comes up that we think might be worth persuing.

• RMweb Gold

While the book is probably a good and valuable read, the item title is kinda vague, and the Item Specifics set new standards. When did you last buy a book that was scratchbuilt - with electric power?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-Railway-Engine-Train-Set-Electric-Circuit-Track-Layout-Signal-Power-Supply-/300631945353?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item45ff0f7089

A few months ago, I off-loaded a Silver Fox Bulleid Diesel- total crud and I did post a very clear warning that it was absolutely awful - didn't stop someone bidding £80+ and providing positive feedback.

By contrast, an early Sunday morning trawl found a lovely DJH S15, complete and a good runner for just £150 with free P+P. Gosh and darn, that is less than the cost of the bits.

EBay_+S15.jpg

Any moral - not really, just the luck of the draw. :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Rather than do nothing, I contacted the seller who has since amended the submission. He was most apologetic and grateful.

Tim

It seems to be a habit with many vendors to describe almost any model railway item as 'Hornby'. In much the same way as 'Hoover' is used for vacuum cleaners or 'Transit' for a medium size van.

Its funny this, as the same seller was selling a Lima, Hornby, Bachmann Class 40 D200 last week, with a picture of the Limited edition Bachmann Model Rail release, when I contacted and asked him if this was the picture in the model, he soon changed it to a Lima version along with the appropriate picture and an apology stating he did not mean to mislead.

Hmmm may be not as dumb as they make out....until questioned.... ??

• Like 1