Hattons Model Railways of Widnes (formerly Liverpool).

tractor_37260

• RMweb Premium

Really annoyed.

No delivery from Hattons yesterday.

And it looks like there won't be one today..............

:locomotive:  

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Really annoyed.

No delivery from Hattons yesterday.

And it looks like there won't be one today..............

:locomotive:  

Mick

What were you expecting,

an overnight sleigh delivery?

• Like 1

Thanks for your observations Blue Streak. This morning I've tried again on both my machines (windows 8 and windows 10) and am still getting the warning.  However I was only getting the warning on the home page not on any of the others. Strange stuff beyond my comprehension.

Perhaps this says more about your protection systems than anything else? I've been in and out of the H site thru the Christmas period with no issues, I use the Windows defender that comes built in with the operating system, as does my IT savvy son and his family. None of us ever have had a "threat" get thru. IMHO your product is more of a millstone than effective prevention

Perhaps this says more about your protection systems than anything else? I've been in and out of the H site thru the Christmas period with no issues, I use the Windows defender that comes built in with the operating system, as does my IT savvy son and his family. None of us ever have had a "threat" get thru. IMHO your product is more of a millstone than effective prevention

I have used Norton for as long as I have had a home PC. I have heard that it does actually use up a lot of memory and can be "overaggressive" . However I can also say that I have never had a threat or a virus get through, so am reluctant to change it. Although I feel most antivirus are pretty effective nowadays.

Although I've never before had an issue accessing the Hattons website with Norton or Firefox, the glitch I had the other day has now sorted itself and by next week I'll have forgotten all about it.

I think however that if my Antivirus wasn't so "aggressive" and a threat did get through one day and cause havoc, I would remember that much longer.

I hear what you are saying however and I am aware most computer savvy people including professional programmers are not fans of Norton due to its ability to use so much memory and slow things down.

But for Me being virtually clueless in most things IT. The product I use (along with Millions of others) is virtually idiot proof which suits me fine, I can live with the odd short term hiccup as long as it continues to be on the cautious side.

Hope the Op of this topic thread has found the problem has sorted itself out now like mine has. :)

Edit - spoke to soon, see below

Edited by The Blue Streak

• RMweb Premium

I might have spoken too soon, the site being blocked issue is back. :(

There should be a safelist/exceptions facility within Norton that will allow you to add the Hatton's website (and any others) so that you don't see these types of warnings/blocks in future.

One of the earlier screenshots you posted suggested that the website has been submitted for review (by Norton), so presumably this warning page will keep appearing until they've had chance to complete the review and have added it to their centralised database as a trustworthy site. The warning it's generating seems like a default position that the AV adopts until it can be sure that it isn't a potential phishing/scam site.

• RMweb Premium

I might have spoken too soon, the site being blocked issue is back. :(

In a group test Norton AV was found to have some browser problems with websites (and not just by the team that did the tests)

Other brands of AV fared better.

http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-antivirus-software-of-2017

Whether you consider the results accurate and unbiased.....? :scratchhead:

Keith

I may be affected by the Grumpies that inhabit RMWeb, but I am still at a loss regarding the messages that Hatton's robots send me.  I have had the three SECR liveried Birdcages on order since May 2014.  The messages tell me that theses orders were processed and charged for before Christmas, albeit with one glitch that was resolved after the fact with human intervention. Thus far only two of the three coaches have actually been despatched, and then as separate parcels. Now they are shown as in stock in quantity on Hatton's New Arrivals. I assume that Hatton's is short of packing elves at this time of the year, but the good service that I have had from Hatton's over many years has been lost to the automatons over the past few months. Bah humbug.  :nono: 

• RMweb Gold

I too got a bit frustrated with Hattons before Christmas with my preorder of the three SECR liveried coaches.

One arrived of the three during the week in the run up to Christmas, then I got an email saying the order for the other two remaining coaches were made into one order rather than two, fair enough as that would save on postage but what also caught my eye in the same email was the sentence,

'We are unsure when the items will arrive in stock.'

Having seen by then that other retailers had all three coaches in stock I cancelled the remaining preorder with Hattons and switched to a different retailer late last Friday.

Got an email this morning to say the two coaches were on the way. Had I ordered all three coaches with this retailer I'd have got the three in one package and free postage, ho hum. As it is I ended up paying two lots of postage, but at least making the switch seems in the end to have been a bit speedier.

This is the first time I've got a bit frustrated with Hattons with preordering , my experience on the whole otherwise has been positive.

Cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Must admin my opinion with hattons is starting to take a battering....

ordered something on the 23rd and it took them until yesterday to actually take it from the shelf....and this isn't the first time ive experienced a long picking time either so its not related to Christmas.....when I enquired about it on there online chat I found out it had only been passed to the picker yesterday (27th).....so ive paid for 48 hour delivery which is going to take 5 days to arrive (excluding Christmas day and boxing day).....every other model shop in this country seems able to actually post items within 24 hours of them being ordered....its taken them longer to take the item off the shelf and transport it across a warehouse than its going to take royal mail to take the same item half way down the country......

Unfortunately this was a hattons exclusive bubble car so I couldn't get it from elsewhere

Edited by pheaton

Nothing ordered yesterday....

Nothing arrived today!

:P

What was the postage on that?

And why didn't you buy it cheaper from another retailer in the first place?

:jester: :jester:

Edited by leopardml2341

I’ve had problems with Hatton in the past very poor service with my O Gauge orders,so do what I did and went to Tower Models no problems great service post free.

Have  to  Agree  I  have  dealt  with  Tower  for  around  30  years  ( more   or less  when  they  first  opened)  Top Class  service,  Free  delivery  usually  and  next  day great   pair  of  Knowledgeable  Guys  Roger  &  Dave

STEVE!

It's for youuuuu

No  I  have  nothing  from  Hattons,  had  2  recently delivered  orders  without  problems so  there  was  no additional correspondence  with  them  needed must   be  someone  else  with  same  name 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

To round off my experience, I'm still getting the Norton warning however I was confident enough that it was spurious to place an order (on Tuesday) for a pair of second hand Belgian vans which arrived with postie this morning. Pretty good going I thought.

• Like 1

Hi

I'm another one having problems ordering from Hattons. I ordered two Bachmann 100 tankers from the second hand section on Thursday. There was a problem with the them accepting payment over the Internet. I phoned to check if my payment had went through which it had, but there was an issue with payment that the IT had to deal with. But they would e-mail me later in the day with confirmation. I phoned again later in the day as the models were still on sale on the site. I was assured they would be withdrawn as I bought them. The e-mail never arrived. which has been known before and the model(s) have still arrived. This morning (Saturday) I've phoned to enquire about the models to be told they have been sold. The reason given was that someone must have bought them before me. Now I have had great service from Hattons in the past, which I have rightly complemented them on. But this experience will certainly make me think twice. The annoying thing is that it has happened to a fellow club member recently also. I had put it down to being a one off. Now I know it isn't.

Hi

Just an update on this post. The two wagons arrived today in the post. Don't ask me how? But they did.

All the best for the New Year when it comes.

Stephen

Edited by ayrmrg