''New'' 4mm Bufferstops ''New''

davefrk

• RMweb Gold

Hi Robin, Yes that's the index, now try clicking or double clicking on the listing you want and it will take you to the correct page and you can order from there.

Dave Franks.

I've managed to order via my daughters Kindle.I think there might be an issue with Firefox users but at least my orders in before they sell out. ;)

Well, the first batch has just two left so get in there quick, don't worry though I'll be doing more over the next few days.

I better warn you all though that prices are under review for March 1st. Our wagon buffers have been held at £1.95 for three years now and we've absorbed the increase in the price of metal by becoming more efficient at casting. The metal price has stabilised recently but the price of everything else has been going up, electricity, rates, postage (on raw materials), rubber for the moulds etc,etc. So the prices will be going up from beginning of March, it was supposed to be February but as I was running late with the promised GWR Standard stopblock I didn't want to introduce it with a higher price as it would be seen as 'milking it' and I wouldn't like it as a customer.... 

In the words of a TV advert - 'get it now before the price rises'.  I will honour the old price up till 12 midnight on the 28th February even if I've run out of stock. Can't say fairer than that.

I'm very sorry about this but needs must I'm afraid.

All the best,

Dave Franks

• RMweb Gold

Well, the first batch has just two left so get in there quick, don't worry though I'll be doing more over the next few days.

I better warn you all though that prices are under review for March 1st. Our wagon buffers have been held at £1.95 for three years now and we've absorbed the increase in the price of metal by becoming more efficient at casting. The metal price has stabilised recently but the price of everything else has been going up, electricity, rates, postage (on raw materials), rubber for the moulds etc,etc. So the prices will be going up from beginning of March, it was supposed to be February but as I was running late with the promised GWR Standard stopblock I didn't want to introduce it with a higher price as it would be seen as 'milking it' and I wouldn't like it as a customer.... 

In the words of a TV advert - 'get it now before the price rises'.  I will honour the old price up till 12 midnight on the 28th February even if I've run out of stock. Can't say fairer than that.

All the best,

Dave Franks

No problem Dave, we understand that your Rolls Royce and your good lady's Aston Martin don't run themselves.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Still waiting mine - probably stuck in Swindon sorting office knowing the way the Royal Mail doesn't manage things nowadays.

I have to agree with your comments last week on the ease of use of the website and a quick turnaround of order.Plenty of other model railway suppliers could learn from Dave Franks. ;)

Still waiting mine - probably stuck in Swindon sorting office knowing the way the Royal Mail doesn't manage things nowadays.

Hi Mike, have your stopblocks arrived yet, they were posted with everyone elses.

Just wondering

Dave.

Thanks for all the kind comments, I try to offer a 'by return' service. Although it's not always possible if I suddenly run out of an item due to it being mentioned in a magazine or on a forum.

Then it's down to the Royal Mail, they've been very good recently with the quickest being 17 hrs from posting to delivery 400 miles away and that was 2nd class post, who needs to pay extra for 1st class.....

I can't take all the credit you know.

Thanks,

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike, have your stopblocks arrived yet, they were posted with everyone elses.

Just wondering

Dave.

No Dave - still not here (and the Postie has been and gone today - in fact they now seem to be coming round earlier than in the not too distant past).  I presume from what you said in Post 386 that they come as Letter Mail but as the Postie parks his van about 50 yards away so I don't think he can have a carrying problem!

All the best,

Dave Franks

Remember, prices rise from tonight midnight. :scared:

Sorry.

Dave Franks.

Wot!!! no BO38, 39, 40, 41, yet????? :chok_mini:

What with the post going up again... then it'll not be long before we're having to pay import duties. ;)

I'm told we'll probably not be seeing you at  Mays "Great Gathering" so looks like it'll be Railex... Unless you're at S4N?

P

• RMweb Gold

The stopblocks have landed - 5 minutes + time to eat one very nice pasty ago.  Exquisite mouldings, excellent and highly professional packaging  - lovely job thanks.  But interesting comments on the envelope which suggest that somewhere in Royal Mail time was wasted working out that it was 2nd Class Post rather than getting on with delivering it.

The stopblocks have landed - 5 minutes + time to eat one very nice pasty ago.  Exquisite mouldings, excellent and highly professional packaging  - lovely job thanks.  But interesting comments on the envelope which suggest that somewhere in Royal Mail time was wasted working out that it was 2nd Class Post rather than getting on with delivering it.

Hi Mike, that's great. I had made enquiries here but as they were posted in a letterbox I didn't have a leg to stand on.... I write on the package that it's 2nd class post but I wonder if they saw the 1st class stamp which made up the £2.60 postage and thought it was 1st class post. I don't know but I'm glad they've arrived safely.

Thanks for letting me know.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Archived