''New'' 4mm Bufferstops ''New''

davefrk

Hi Mike, that's great. I had made enquiries here but as they were posted in a letterbox I didn't have a leg to stand on.... I write on the package that it's 2nd class post but I wonder if they saw the 1st class stamp which made up the £2.60 postage and thought it was 1st class post. I don't know but I'm glad they've arrived safely.

Thanks for letting me know.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Hi Frank, Robin tells me that mine have arrived in Bristol. That's excellent service.

John

My Buffers turned up post haste. I assume it was next day arrival with a second class stamp but the Post Office never seem to frank any of my mail now. I've got a drawer full of envelopes with unfranked stamps waiting re-use.

Thanks Dave.

• RMweb Gold

My Buffers turned up post haste. I assume it was next day arrival with a second class stamp but the Post Office never seem to frank any of my mail now. I've got a drawer full of envelopes with unfranked stamps waiting re-use.

Thanks Dave.

If you send them back to Mr Franks he can then bring the the prices back down :mosking:

Mike.

Off for tin hat.

If you send them back to Mr Franks he can then bring the the prices back down :mosking:

Mike.

Off for tin hat.

It's not a tin hat you'll need next time I see you, it's ear defenders.....

On another matter, can you confirm exactly what you want by way of buffers, you were so over excited at meeting me again at Glasgow that it was all a bit confusing for someone of my sensibilities.

I have the original list you gave me but after I put you right on some you added even more. Have a look in your little drawer, look at all the little wagons and count the ones that need those replacement buffery things and remember, there's one at each corner. :senile:

Maybe a list of the wagons types would help too. :mail:  

P.S. and not just - a blue one, a red one, a grey one, another blue one....  :nono:  

Your buffer Meister. :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

:stinker:  Dave

Sorry, got me fingers in me ears at the moment.... La la la la la la.

A so very busy Dave.

Dave.

Sorry I should have known better.

What is it decorating or some other demand from the better other half?

Stripping wallpaper and about to remove a suspended ceiling from my old railway room now I have been promoted? to the loft room.

Andy.

Dave.

Sorry I should have known better.

What is it decorating or some other demand from the better other half?

Stripping wallpaper and about to remove a suspended ceiling from my old railway room now I have been promoted? to the loft room.

Andy.

No not household chores, just a massive backlog of orders for buffers, bufferstops which arrived to beat the advertised price rise on the 1st March. Why didn't I just sneek it in slowly.....

Nah, that wouldn't have been fair would it.

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Gold

No not household chores, just a massive backlog of orders for buffers, bufferstops which arrived to beat the advertised price rise on the 1st March. Why didn't I just sneek it in slowly.....

Nah, that wouldn't have been fair would it.

Dave Franks.

All is fair in love, war and business.

Mike.

A page worth of review, with two colour pictures, of your GWR long leg buffer stop (BS12) in new MRJ (No. 229), by Gerry Beale.  Hopefully it will generate further orders for you (got that price increase in place just in time!.  Actually, it is mentioned)

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This is an urgent appeal on behalf of the locomotives of the North East of England. Please help to stop the daily suffering of locomotives like this J77, needlessly in the dirt off the end of headshunts and sidings across the region. This suffering could be ended forever with the simple fitting of the correct type of NER stop block.

post-7104-0-89868300-1395610588.jpg

Major-General Fishwick-Bloodnok Over-Run, Chief inspecting Officer of railways for the Board of Trade has taken a dim view of this situation and has threatened to take away the railway's PowerCab if action is not taken urgently.

(Photo courtesy of Porcy Main, just to drop him in it as well...) 

This is an urgent appeal on behalf of the locomotives of the North East of England. Please help to stop the daily suffering of locomotives like this J77, needlessly in the dirt off the end of headshunts and sidings across the region. This suffering could be ended forever with the simple fitting of the correct type of NER stop block.

attachicon.gifGreyscroftBffrs-2copyBW copy.jpg

Major-General Fishwick-Bloodnok Over-Run, Chief inspecting Officer of railways for the Board of Trade has taken a dim view of this situation and has threatened to take away the railway's PowerCab if action is not taken urgently.

(Photo courtesy of Porcy Main, just to drop him in it as well...) 

It wasn't me Sir, Mr Franks Sir (and the lovely Fiona). It was those big boys Worsdell and Porcy what did it!

Mike

P.S. When does my promotion to Field Marshall (or any other tractor) come through?

• 1 month later...

But at least having a trap like the one on the right hand road must reduce the risk of buffer stop collisions.

Mind you, you'd have to rely on The Hand of God to put any stock on those three roads; they've all go buffer-stops on the far end, and no apparent connection to anything else..

Archived