Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

Oops sorry yeah, 48151. Thought it carried the name 'Gauge O Guild'.

Good luck in the new job :)

It used to, but removed quite a while ago.

It carried it in 2010 on it's loaded test run.

post-408-0-63864900-1533074276_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

No more cambrian work for me

Good luck Jim, hope you will still be able to keep up what is effectively a photo diary of your working life.

I wonder if you will sign the 92's?

All the best

Ian

Edited by 11B
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good luck for the future. I agree it would be nice if the 'lineside' diary could continue but we all realise that there may well be a gap or reasons for it to not do so.

hi

like everyone else I wish you 'good luck' with the new job.

like everyone else I hope you are able to continue to give a 'day to day' commentary on your duties

but we all realise that there are rules you will need to observe.

At least for me and I suspect all who don't work on the railways, its the 'how it really is' aspects of your posts

that we follow.

Most of all I'm sure we all wish you a constructive environment in which to work

so your day to day activities are enjoyable.

Any new job is a challenge - so we all wish you well

best wishes

mike james

Edited by mikejames
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving Colas Jim. However I have really enjoyed following this thread over the past few years since I joined RMWeb. Thank you very much for the insight into the railways with information and pictures when working with Colas. I would like to wish you all the very best with your career with GBRF. 

I would echo all the above comments and wish you all the very best in your new employment role. Your thread has been so interesting to follow and I'm sure many will hope that a GBRf thread will start in the near future if it is allowed by your employer. Many thanks Jim 

cheers

...Railvac tonight Doncaster to Sheffield and back

Give me a toot if you go through Rotherham tomorrow - I might nip out and try a photo!

And good luck with the next step in the career.

Edit, Sunday: Sorry, I didn't make it.

Edited by eastwestdivide

• RMweb Gold

Sounds like a nice job Jim, all the best on the move.  If what I am hearing from good sources within the industry is right - you might well end up driving them again!

Enjoy your start with the blue team.

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Some from yesterday, loco moves crewe to shrewsbury and back

66850/60021/66847 in Basford hall, they needed moving to repair the AWS in one of the 66s and to fuel the 60

D4C79E61-4EF2-4833-8B4B-ADD8BF9CBEE5.jpg

66850 into the shed at coleham

9B88F661-32B2-4A40-95F3-426A4DE66695.jpg

60021, worked out this was the first (and last) visit if a Colas 60 to coleham

7476E175-3F43-47D8-8B22-1F8A6D8A292B_1.j

We then had to giggle round locos to get the 66s over the pit so the 60 has to move

3B9F837F-4E8A-4E52-A455-EE05B404223C.jpg

60021 on No 1 road and 66850 bought forward a touch

59B07AA1-6F7E-405D-A2F9-4234DCFA3035.jpg

Then when the work was done even more changing around so the 60 was leading 66850 and 66847 was left at coleham for further work!

E7B22903-4D2B-4E95-8867-B1B47D88302A.jpg

Back to Basford hall

694A66DA-4C22-421E-A142-EC2072864D91.jpg

where another driver took the 60 and attached it to the traffic and drew forward

A5A9BC35-A502-4586-A5AD-3647C6B1DBCD.jpg

I then dropped on the rear with the 66

43E09B18-EE47-40BB-9A21-BCEF5A422AC3.jpg

And it was all set to go

B291891C-6172-410E-B720-192AD1ADFC99.jpg

Only to discover that class 60 weren’t clear for a certian part of the route so it had to be taken off and a freightliner 66 hired in to replace it!

NMT tonight

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

You need to shift 60021 back to Carlisle..... (Just tell GB they can't have it)

70813 has been allocated to the logs for 2 days and failed with flat batteries…………...

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jim

Sorry to everyone for the 'me too', but like so many others I've looked forward to reading (and viewing) each entry in your thread since I followed two or three years ago. Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post so frequently and across such a varied range of traction/locations. Your superb photography has made it a pleasure.

Good luck with GBRf - I hope both they and you are happy for your posts to continue :-)

Cheers

Rob

You didn't happen to be on the NMT today as one of your final jobs. If so might have just seen you coming into Euston as I passed over Hampstead Road Bridge. Slightly to far away to grab a photo sadly. For those of you interested the old carriage sheds are coming down pretty quickly at the moment and sadly I think the old collectors corner won't be far behind. 

• RMweb Gold

You didn't happen to be on the NMT today as one of your final jobs. If so might have just seen you coming into Euston as I passed over Hampstead Road Bridge. Slightly to far away to grab a photo sadly. For those of you interested the old carriage sheds are coming down pretty quickly at the moment and sadly I think the old collectors corner won't be far behind.

No that wasn’t me BUT I am in it later on when it arrives back in crewe to take it back to nemesis in burton in Trent