Trent Valley Show - 2014

Northpoint

Have a great day guys. Yes, photos plz.

Next year's challenge will be for someone to build their layout while enroute. One hand on the wheel, one hand on the soldering iron, paintbrush in mouth.

Have a great day guys. Yes, photos plz.

Next year's challenge will be for someone to build their layout while en route. One hand on the wheel, one hand on the soldering iron, paintbrush in mouth.

I already think it's incredible that someone could construct two locomotives and six cars in 24 hours. :declare:

Andy

What a great show - it gets better each year. Well done to Nick and his team. I took a few piccies which I will be posted tonight. Having a kip first after the long drive back to Fareham. Great to meet up with so many old friends again.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Nick got inviting us and putting on a great show. Despite the layout really playing up and us operators especially me making wrong moves for the first hour and a half the layout settled down well for the rest of the dhow.

Apologies for those I didn't get chance to talk to.

And for hoping to get away without buying any more stock, wrk, that went out the window before the dhow opened!

Now on our way back South on the M40.

Only a few weeks and we will be back there again for beer...um the Freemo meet.

Look forward to next years show.

Ian

Thanks to all who made the show very enjoyable we enjoyed our brief morning rush visit before our trip to the New Forest,got a few freight car bargains but regret not buying the deal on the 2 proto 2000 CSX gp38's oh well next year!!

Have a great show, everyone!

I’d be grateful for any photos posted - and please, if you can, caption them.....

Photos of people also appreciated - I’d like to put faces to names too.

Best, Pete.

I tried a selfie....

post-6819-0-80495700-1402765708_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Nick and crew for the invite to the annual TVNAM Social Club meeting!

Had an excellent day and many thanks to johnb for assistance during the show. Also thanks for the soldering iron. You know who you are.!

See you next year!

Now settling down to curry and beer :-)

steve

steve

How Mr Prior gets Stevens Point into a mini is still a mystery for me

It wasn't even a mini - it was his Dad's Peugeot 205.

A grand day out, despite me putting my back out the day before.  Much gratitude to Mike and Martin for assisting with carrying and driving.  Without them I wouldn't have made it!  Also thanks to the 'assistant operators' who manfully kept the flag flying while I went for a limping shuffle around the rest of the show.  I only spent £5.75!

Oh, and I left my extension cable behind under my table.  A long one on a blue drum with a built in stand if anyone has picked it up.

• RMweb Premium

I had a brief visit to the show this afternoon, never been before despite it being local to me. Not really my area of interest, but enjoyed it; always find small but well detailed layouts inspirational whatever the subject, and there was no shortage of those at the show.

Thanks Nick & his team for organising a great show again!! I came home with my 'scale punter' fast asleep.... he did the most layouf operating he's ever done, this time, & despite occaisional bursts of "youthful exuberence" (a.k.a. high speed driving!) overall he was good enough for me to feel confident enough to leave him to it & have a look around the show myself.

I took my camera but we didn't take any pics, sorry!!

A grand day out, despite me putting my back out the day before.  Much gratitude to Mike and Martin for assisting with carrying and driving.  Without them I wouldn't have made it!  Also thanks to the 'assistant operators' who manfully kept the flag flying while I went for a limping shuffle around the rest of the show.  I only spent £5.75!

Oh, and I left my extension cable behind under my table.  A long one on a blue drum with a built in stand if anyone has picked it up.

There was one left in the back room next to Cambridge West / Peforia Narrows. I passed it on to Nick when we cleared the room.

Paul - I think I have it. We'll have to arrange to get it back to you.

I didn't really know what I was doing all day...

You and me both!

I didn't want to tell Nick that I'd never actually operated the layout until this morning - I figured he had enough on his plate as it was! :D

Still, the punters seemed to enjoy my clumsy switching, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Despite all the advice, pointers and assistance from everyone, both here and throughout today, no one told me how mentally draining the day would be! Switching takes some SERIOUS brainpower!

Archived