Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. What a lovely set of WCML photos. In C1202, the 50, if the headcode can be believed, is working train 1P18. Well that is certainly class 1, P for Preston, is it - hence, if correct, the short rake of coaches.

I like the snow scene in C1204. Very seasonal.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Lovely photos again Dave.

C5230, though - Class 104 rather than Class 114, I think :)

Kevin

I must remember to read the captions after I type them,  the catalogue does say 104, so it was my copying error.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A visit to Crich this afternoon to see some preserved trams.

It has changed a lot since these photos were taken on visits in 1968 and 1979.

attachicon.gifCrich Prague 180 Sept 68 J1449.jpg

Crich Prague 180 Sept 68 J1449

Hardly recognisable these days, somewhere near your image now looks more like this.

post-29514-0-14887400-1483902375_thumb.jpg

Have been there with our three girls, first time in 2005 as in the photo. Last year took our first grandson and we have always had a good day out. Well worth a visit, not just for boys and not just about trams.

Dave

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A good selection of photos from Crich. Great to see the trams in those photos.

The photos from Bottesford are equally good.

Now in the first one of D5621, I see it is one of the green 31's with full yellow ends and the double arrow in the middle of the body sides.

And in C5461, the class 114 has a class 105 Cravens unit coupled up at the rear.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. An excellent set of ECML photo's at Burton le Coggles. In J2762, the 55 is certainly not 9009, it could, however, be either 9004, although there is no crest above the nameplate, or 9019. I hope this is of some help.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Hi, Dave. An excellent set of ECML photo's at Burton le Coggles. In J2762, the 55 is certainly not 9009, it could, however, be either 9004, although there is no crest above the nameplate, or 9019. I hope this is of some help.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Don't think it's 9019, Rob, that is a double line plate.

I might hazard a guess at 9013, as here:

http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/9013.htm

ETH fitting date suits as well.

Edited by leopardml2341

Hello Dave,

J2761, those aren't 'cartics', was going to suggest 'carflats', but not sure about that either. Well not in the sense of the 'Motorail' ones anyway.

They are Carflats, mainly from the 'Freight' pool of them, so painted in BR Freight Brown. It's hard to say, but it looks as though there could be vehicles based on several different underframes.

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dave,

J2761, those aren't 'cartics', was going to suggest 'carflats', but not sure about that either. Well not in the sense of the 'Motorail' ones anyway.

They are Carflats, mainly from the 'Freight' pool of them, so painted in BR Freight Brown. It's hard to say, but it looks as though there could be vehicles based on several different underframes.

Many thanks for the information.

I've just had another look at dad's slide catalogue and he had written that the cars appear to be new Fords.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Scout Green Class 50 down ex pass Feb 73 C1202.

1P18 was the 09:00 Euston - Carlisle/Blackpool in 1973, with the rear 7 coaches forming the 12.24 to Blackpool at Preston.

J2762 1S42 is the 16.00 King's Cross-Edinburgh. For much of its existence 'The Talisman' but I think not carrying the name at the time the photo was taken.

1E13 was the summer Saturdays 11:50 Edinburgh-KX

1L26 was the summer Saturdays 15:25 KX-Bradford (assuming it was Saturday, otherwise it was the 16:05SX)

1L21 was the 15:10FO KX-Leeds

Many thanks for all these  train identifications.

The SO and FO trains at Burton le Coggles make sense when I look at other photos taken around the dates in my and dad's notes..

David

I'd go with that, as well, based upon the fact that the other three candidates (9000, 9004 and 9016) all still had their crests at that time - Deltic 4 was also only released from works four days before the end of August 1971.

I would challenge the Brush 4 identities in J2758 and J2759, as well. The former can't be 1532, as that loco was in the early blue livery style (with cabside numbers and double-arrows behind each cab door) by August 1968 . Similarly, the latter can't be 1575, as that loco was also in the same earlier blue livery style. Around that time it was commonly known as "the Sheffield loco", as it seemed to spend most of its time on the "Master Cutler", or spare at Sheffield Midland (although it did make very sporadic appearances on the ECML, despite being Tinsley based).