Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

The dogs do let us know when Gavin the postie is coming down the drive.

A previous Labrador, Roger, never barked at the postman but you knew he had been. Roger use to sleep in the hallway and when the post was pushed through the letter box he would walk into the living room with a face that said "That bloke is throwing things at me again".

004.JPG.ca875ef059727cb0f031a8d9a3a3bd6e.JPG

Roger the Dog and Gus the Gundog.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Got no horses, nor dogs, and had to have the old cat put down 5 years ago!

Nearest we get to live animals these days is watching the Yorkshire Vet.

Still once the layout is built there will be a hillside to populate with animals and a farm, and the Hornby sound van will give us some background.

Meanwhile, back to sorting the Lima bits and bobs for the future cut and shuts.

Cheers

Paul 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

My computer chair is broken.  :fie:

At the top of the lower part that holds me up in the air is a plastic ring, well it is now a horse shoe shaped bit of plastic giving no support and me chair has gone all wibbly wobbly. :swoon: I could become sea sick when I nod off to sleep in it. :bad: Must be too much bopping about to world wide rock 'n' roll. :you:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
missing L in wibbly
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Wow, that long?

You both must have iron constitution!

Mike.

Just for you Mike some Spanish rock and roll as you didn't like the Russian music. I have found a great Russian Ska band but I think it would be a thumbs down from you lot.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

My old music teacher in my comprehensive school days, said that when you get to appreciating music properly you will know whether you will like a piece of music upon hearing the first note, little did she know in later life I would meet someone who could save me one note.

Mike.

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

No appreciation from you lot, the amount of real rubbish I listen to so I can bring you the delights of the vast rock and roll world. 

I have been running DMUs tonight and it was fun...and listening to lots of good tunes. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I do have moments of listening to old geezers music trying to relive my pre punk days. Doesn't always work but it did tonight.

That's more like it. :good_mini:

Edited by ian
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Yeah, they are called Lollypop Lorry.

I do have moments of listening to old geezers music trying to relive my pre punk days. Doesn't always work but it did tonight.

Then I also revert back to being a punk with real tunes of the times.

No pop no style....

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No appreciation from you lot, the amount of real rubbish I listen to so I can bring you the delights of the vast rock and roll world. 

I have been running DMUs tonight and it was fun...and listening to lots of good tunes. 

Which DMUs were you running Clive?

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Which DMUs were you running Clive?

Hi Paul

A right mixture, ranging from Bachmann and Hornby RTR, Lima Met-Camm 101s modified through to converted Hornby 110s. In trains of all sorts of lengths and formations from 2 car to 8 car lash ups. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

and an ability to sing different words to the mouth actions,,,

The person who edited the video used their only TOTP appearance and has tried to fit to the record. The TOTP appearance is on Youtube but even I think it was a bit naff compared to the record. 

• Informative/Useful 2

Hi Paul

A right mixture, ranging from Bachmann and Hornby RTR, Lima Met-Camm 101s modified through to converted Hornby 110s. In trains of all sorts of lengths and formations from 2 car to 8 car lash ups. 

Clive,

Glad to see you applying a rule similar to my first rule of railway modelling! (IMRSIRWIL)

I am currently investigating "odd but factual" and "no proof but might have been/I like" formations for my 1960s DMUs on the WR line from Paddington and the High Wycombe branch. 

I think however that 4 /5 cars is my limit other wise they look unrealistic in my 15 ft of scenic space!

Would be great to see some pics when you have time?

Cheers

Paul 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I tried to leaven the 3 wheel carriage thread with a bit of humour, but it didn't work... they're scratching each others eyes out over shades of brown now.

It is simple , if you don't like 'em don't buy 'em.

They may be suitable for modification, then that will please the modellers. Otherwise they will please can't do, won't do and that will do brigade. So what is the issue?

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

6 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I tried to leaven the 3 wheel carriage thread with a bit of humour, but it didn't work... they're scratching each others eyes out over shades of brown now. 

I think there could be shades of brown in a different way if you tried to run 3 wheel carriages!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3