Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

Four minutes before 12:30, tut tut...

It was a no-brainer really, just how much of the Brighton Atlantic tooling is applicable here? I'd image a fair amount - I still believe though that, from an aesthetic point of view, the C2 would have been a better model. It would no doubt have come with additional tooling costs though.

Edited by 84A

They got that wrong, C1 is supposed to be a Bullied 0-6-0 Q1 that never yet appeared as an NRM special.

What is this green thing?

(I'll be buying one anyhow - please do an SECR Wainwright 'D' class next).

I could quote rhyme & verse from the thread of 11 months ago dealing with Bachmann's Brighton Atlantic announcement where members were saying a GNR Atlantic should follow done by the NRM seeing as the chassis might possibly suit. This is why I was surprised few people had twigged and that this thread ran to so many pages. .... :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by coachmann

• RMweb Gold

Four minutes before 12:30, tut tut...

It was a no-brainer really, just how much of the Brighton Atlantic tooling is applicable here? I'd image a fair amount - I still believe though that, from an aesthetic point of view, the C2 would have been a better model. It would no doubt have come with additional tooling costs though.

You might be surprised but very little in fact. I discussed this with Bachmann the other week and have just published a blog post here http://grahammuz.com/2014/07/29/armchair-r-t-r-tooling-and-manufacturing-logistics/ on the very subject.

• RMweb Gold

You might be surprised but very little in fact. I discussed this with Bachmann the other week and have just published a blog post here http://grahammuz.com/2014/07/29/armchair-r-t-r-tooling-and-manufacturing-logistics/ on the very subject.

I think the days of Hornby and Triang in the 60s and 70s using the same chassis under several different models (despite any differences in real life) are long gone.

I have ordered two BR Black versions and am very happy. My DJH 62822 one will now appear on eBay later this week as a buy it now for not a lot of money. One will stay as 62822 and the other will become an LNER liveried model.

Quite frankly it was a superb choice and I am most gratified to the NRM.

Great to see this announced. The former head of Locomotion Models had enquired for some advice on detail differences within the class last year, and along with Mr Graeme King we visited Locomotion with Yeadons in hand and did point out the numerous differences within the class (including tender differences and how some had a smokebox saddle and others didn't). I've just ordered the LNER liveried one, and the prototype photo on their site appears to show a saddle (the preserved version doesn't), so hopefully this will be one detail difference incorporated.

My involvement was very very small in all fairness, however Mr Tony Wright talks about his recent involvement with the loco in Wright Writes, which in my view is a very good sign indeed.

• Like 1

You can now place an order for one of three C1 models on the Locomotion Models website.

I obviously missed a page when posting this.  I have ordered the LNER green version.

Mark in OZ

Edited by Markeg

Well I'm very pleased with this. 

It is now possible to form, quite easily, a collection of east coast motive power from the 1900s to the present (251, Flying Scotsman, Mallard, Deltic, the HST and the Class 91).  With a bit of work on the Bachmann 'Emily' or with a Kitmaster Stirling Single that date can be pushed back to the 1870s.  

Now what a collection that would be! 

IMHO, I personally found it (edit: remove quite and add a little bit) a little bit expensive for a (edit: ok not so small) express loco when you think for £55 more you get an APT-E.

Still I've ordered one, because it was a loco I've always wanted.

Now we need some coaches and a Stirling single to go with it.

I wonder how much my H2 will be in the end.... 

And that SECR D class?????

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

£179?! I hope this model is a proper exclusive for that money. I am still struggling to placate my wife over the £140 she paid for my Christmas present for the 'exclusive' MR 1000 that is now to be available in a general release set complete with coaches for £120 .

I was surprised as I heard this months ago but not a specifically locomotion model so I assumed someone  else .To me its in a sense old news. It can stay where it is at that price .Different if it has been a Stirling single .

Edited by alfsboy

• RMweb Gold

Dont forget that part of the price includes an element for the NRM itself as a contribution to saving these wonderful engines. Of course they're going to be more expensive than if it had been a regular release.

Thats like complaining that their shop charges full RRP and doesnt discount like Hattons.

Just brilliant ! Sooooooooooooo happy with this announcement. Ordered a Great Northern and LNER version. Guess this explains the slow progress with Bachmanns Marsh atlantic. I'll still get one of them when they appear, two if they do it in LBSCR livery. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

It would be interesting to know if the model is exclusive for a limited time (like the midland compound) or totally exclusive (like the prototype Deltic appears to be)?

The details on the website are sparse.

Andy did a brilliant review of the compound which mentioned a time limit for it, the only mention I have ever seen regarding this info.

R-O-T