Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Premium

Yes but it looks like a catalogue type image of a livery sample or computer generated rather than the actual model as delivered. A photo of the real thing alongside a BR blue loco would help assess the actual colour, if anyone can post one please.

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone who's seen or bought D1733 confirm whether the cab windows still have the rivets and if the correct boiler water tanks have been fitted. Thanks.

Boiler water tanks - yes

Fixed rad grilles - yes

Spanner boiler port - yes

I think those are all the variables....had a good look at Warley

Phil

Perhaps they could run the collectors models for members only for 6 months and then open up to non members to buy after that. I would have thought that members would have purchased one before the 6 months was up if they wanted one

That's what happens - some of the slow-selling Collector's Club stuff appears in the shops after a while. It's a bit longer than six months, though, and you take a gamble if there's a specific item you're waiting for.

• RMweb Premium

Here's a few pictures of XP64 47 compared to a standard BR Blue one.

Very happy with this one.

Of note, the Bogies are also a different shade to the norm too.

IIRC, all the XP64 stock - Class 47 and Mk1s had brown underframes. (As did the first proper blue/grey coaches when it became the official livery)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

IIRC, all the XP64 stock - Class 47 and Mk1s had brown underframes. (As did the first proper blue/grey coaches when it became the official livery)

Cheers,

Mick

The Corporate Manual (recently republished) describes all "underparts" of rolling stock to be "Dark Brown BS3-039". I remember it well, it was common especially on new and repainted coaching stock, very glossy and very smart. I don't know when they reverted to black laquer.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

The Corporate Manual (recently republished) describes all "underparts" of rolling stock to be "Dark Brown BS3-039". I remember it well, it was common especially on new and repainted coaching stock, very glossy and very smart. I don't know when they reverted to black laquer.

Paul

Hopefully not too far off topic to include this shot :

8466377143_d0109cbc4b_z.jpg80012 by Greg Atkinson, on Flickr

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Guest spet0114

Just received my XP64 loco. Very nice model and very pleased with it. However, they sent it to the billing address and not the delivery address. As a result,the domestic authorities found out about it and I'm now firmly in the doghouse! :-(

• RMweb Gold

Just received my XP64 loco. Very nice model and very pleased with it. However, they sent it to the billing address and not the delivery address. As a result,the domestic authorities found out about it and I'm now firmly in the doghouse! :-(

Was the doghouse the intended delivery address? Cutting out the argument ;-)

Roy

Was the doghouse the intended delivery address? Cutting out the argument ;-)

Roy

I think Andy should commission a small layout suitable for the dog house and publish it in a future edition. Perhaps the former yard at Battersea Power Station with is of course very close to a dog house. 

• RMweb Gold

Paul

Its often quoted as umber .... but it sure as heck isn't Pullman umber ... just sprayed 864's underframe with that and looks nowhere near....

Any suggestions as to a better colour match please?

Phil

Its often quoted as umber .... but it sure as heck isn't Pullman umber ... just sprayed 864's underframe with that and looks nowhere near....

Any suggestions as to a better colour match please?

Phil

Plain chocolate, but very glossy finish.

Paul

• 1 month later...

Next magazine due to be posted in the next week or so. Speaking to guys today at Glasgow show and next Ltd model will be a OO wagon. Which is usually the case as last one was the 47 and they seem do a loco then rolling stock item then loco etc.

• RMweb Premium

as a slight aside, should i have got this years Bachmann catalogue with the last magazine or will it come with the next one?

My catalogue arrived (in Portugal) a week or so after the 2017 announcements in a separate package. So I would think you should have had yours some time ago now.had yours

• RMweb Gold

My catalogue arrived (in Portugal) a week or so after the 2017 announcements in a separate package. So I would think you should have had yours some time ago now.had yours

Thanks

EDIT: all sorted, gave em a ring and one is being sent out to me, must have gone missing in the post!

Top service from Bachman

Edited by big jim