• RMweb Gold

After a minor and rather amusing exchange in a pub in Moretonhampstead, Devon, a few years ago, I was told to take no notice of the bloke, he's the village idiot.  The character in question responded robustly with 'village idiot be buggered; Morton's a town!'.

You can't make this stuff up, and, of course, he was perfectly correct...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I knew once I got the ballasting out of the way that I would start enjoying Mutton again. To be honest it was becoming a chore.

Not good.

However, with the basics out of the way I can start having fun with the detailing. I hope to most more regular updates in due course.

For now, here is yet another interim photo......

Rob.

post-14122-0-51406400-1508268898_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

More static grass has been applied this evening. More to come. The grass on the platform is too regular in places, most notably on the ramp, and will be broken up in due course.

Rob.

post-14122-0-17025200-1508269830_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-75401100-1508269858_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

If any one was in any doubt, the Adams Radial is really a quite attractive locomotive...

post-14122-0-02511200-1508316468_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Why does the cab look like the roof of an oldie car (Model T Ford vintage) plonked on top of the boiler? Quaint might best describe it for me.

Let's not forget the Radials were very much the product of the Victorian age and remained remarkably unchanged throughout their lives. Built in 1885 by Neilson and Co,30583 had the most colourful existence being rescued from the scrap line of the erstwhile East Kent Railway in 1946 by the Southern Railway. It was given the most extensive of rebuilds and entered traffic on the Lamb Regis branch.

The spacious nature of the cab featured in the article penned by R C Wolsey describing his cab ride over the Lamb Regis branch. Key feature were the latge windows which afforded a splendid view of the surroundings.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

More static grass added. I am grabbing time when ever I can in between other duties. I am glad to say Mutton is now starting to take shape. Obce this basic ground cover is sorted then we should see a move back to playing trains......sorry detailing and fine detailing.

Rob.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

More static grass added. I am grabbing time when ever I can in between other duties. I am glad to say Mutton is now starting to take shape. Obce this basic ground cover is sorted then we should see a move back to playing trains......sorry detailing and fine detailing.

Rob.

...and a certain photographer making a welcome return perhaps?

• RMweb Gold

...and a certain photographer making a welcome return perhaps?

I don't think we are too far away from the first of Norman's images from Mutton. I understand he has arranged a visit with Ivor Peterborough in the not too distant future.

Ivor will collect Norman on his way from Bath so we may also get a glimpse of NHY581 in a few photos.

Rob.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Ahem.........

Popped to the Cardiff show today. Picked up a few bits and bobs including some PECO buffer stops for £1.00 each.

They appear to have either been in stock for a bit...or they are the first of the post-BREXIT stock..

Rob.

post-14122-0-81376000-1508596322_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ahem.........

Popped to the Cardiff show today. Picked up a few bits and bobs including some PECO buffer stops for £1.00 each.

They appear to have either been in stock for a bit...or they are the first of the post-BREXIT stock..

Rob.

You could have picked up a catalogue for 1/9 at the same time......

Edit: it would have saved you 6d on postage!

Edited by sp1

• RMweb Premium

You could have picked up a catalogue for 1/9 at the same time......

Edit: it would have saved you 6d on postage!

eh?

What is this language you speak, is it Roman?

BR ended steam and I popped out in the same year, I didn't learn Latin at school but I was taught how to sign on*

PS: I reckon them stoppers is as good as you'll get in plastic & for 99p

As I'm sure you know Dave Franks does some lovely stops but thems £5:95 in modern money

LMS:                                                                                                

post-1328-0-87306300-1508597851.jpg

SR:

post-1328-0-24851000-1508597882.jpg

*Fact not Fiction and I put into practice what I was taught when I left... unfortunately

Edited by Tim Dubya