RMWeb Members Day, Taunton, 2015 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

The word is out.  

I'm building something for my first ever exhibition of a working layout as opposed to photos of one.

And it's absolutely not Cornish!

Come to Staplegrove and see.  No thread and no pictures until after the doors close ;) 

Oh yes, I'm a tease!

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Once again a cracking line up, and a weekend I am looking forward to, as always,  immensely.

I shall be providing the transport for St Simon and his display, we both look forward to catching up with all those attending and will also see those at the Taunton MRG on the Saturday afternoon and the at the Cross Keys Saturday evening too.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Cracking line-up with all that lot is there any room for us visitors. Got to be one of the best days out. And if I use my bus pass one of the cheapest. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Don

Hi,

A Good looking line up.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, I'll be providing one of the modules, while tending to my own display. Be aware the Interlocking Display is very 'fluid' at the moment, I'm confident that it will be ready in time, but due to work and doing things on the module, it may not get fully finished in time.

Simon

• Like 1

The word is out.  

I'm building something for my first ever exhibition of a working layout as opposed to photos of one.

And it's absolutely not Cornish!

Come to Staplegrove and see.  No thread and no pictures until after the doors close ;) 

Oh yes, I'm a tease!

I admire your enthusiasm! The prospect of lugging a layout by air in this day and age is too daunting for me to imagine. Airlines and I don't get along much these days at the best of times, if there are any these days. Hope all goes well.

Brian.

I had a word with the driver of vehicle pulling along this trailer, and he said..
"Tis a sample for some Captain bloke who's got a do up Taunton way soon.."...

Looks a proper job that.

post-6979-0-89711500-1425197120.jpg

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I admire your enthusiasm! The prospect of lugging a layout by air in this day and age is too daunting for me to imagine. Airlines and I don't get along much these days at the best of times, if there are any these days. Hope all goes well.

Brian.

Thanks!  It's going to be interesting to see how well it travels.  The layout has been designed to fold up and fit inside my largest travel bag so will be surrounded by soft stuff and quite tightly packed.  Any minor damage (and realistically I'm expecting there might be some) can be rectified between Gatwick and Taunton.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  I already hold the record for the longest distance travelled to an RMweb event and now I'll add the honour of bringing a layout to that.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I will be there, but what am I going to do in the absence of Stubby?  It's become a tradition that I test run my latest loco on his layout!

Dave.

You could always nip down to Helston on the Saturday.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, but as long as he's back in England for the start of the Saturday evening festivities in Somerset... ;)  :P

Thinking about this, I do feel for the poor old Stubbmeister, marooned all the way down in sunny Helston, perhaps we should rig up some kind of live satellite feed, so that the good burghers of Helston can also enjoy our Taunton Members Day?! ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

, so that the good burghers of Helston can also enjoy our Taunton Members Day?! ;)

So they have burgers in Helston, but pasties in Taunton???

Oops, sorry, pasty discussion should be on the other thread.

Edited by DLT

• RMweb Premium

Already invited but sadly had to turn it down. 

CBE (Can't Be Everywhere) as I keep telling my manager(s) at work....

• RMweb Premium

I will be there, but what am I going to do in the absence of Stubby?  It's become a tradition that I test run my latest loco on his layout!

Dave.

I'm sure the module gang will let you try it , as long as it's not one of the exotic scales or DCC that is .

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure the module gang will let you try it , as long as it's not one of the exotic scales or DCC that is .

It will be 16.5 and bog-standard DC.  Been there, done DCC and come back again...