Phil Mc's workbench

Phil Mc

It was initially applied after a HMRI Report on the derailment of a train on the Swansea District Line; the train was carrying ingots from Duport's Llanelli plant to the works at Briton Ferry. The crane driver had loaded some of the wagons with ingots resting between adjacent vehicles, and one fell down the gap, derailing the train. The Inspector made several recommendations, one of which was, as the loading bay was such a dusty envirionment, attempts should be made to highlight the wagon ends.

Subsequently, yellow or white markings have been applied from new (SNCF 'short' coil wagons) or post-construction (BAAs and BBAs, BDAs etc)

Should have gone to Specsavers?

• RMweb Premium

Not much point in buying the coaches with internal lighting for that one !

They will have a Tractor at each end when they're finished though.

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

Bit more progress with the coaches.

It's strange how I can quite happily ignore the oversize roof vents, phantom chassis, & wrong details to the underframe, but I'll replace the handrails, door handles, etc, & add the emergency door opening handles.  :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-42241800-1466526467_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bit more progress with the coaches.

It's strange how I can quite happily ignore the oversize roof vents, phantom chassis, & wrong details to the underframe, but I'll replace the handrails, door handles, etc, & add the emergency door opening handles.  :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Phil.

Arriva blue next?

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Think I stumped Mick by priming the doors !

They're white in the first pic, not cream.

Did it so, hopefully, a thinner layer of paint gave decent coverage, given it's a fairly pale colour.

Bit of masking up to do before the DRS Blue (that's given it away!) goes on.

I've got 37405 & 37409 ready to do the honours when these are finished, I'm a sucker for a tractor wearing ploughs !!

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Think I stumped Mick by priming the doors !

They're white in the first pic, not cream.

Did it so, hopefully, a thinner layer of paint gave decent coverage, given it's a fairly pale colour.

Bit of masking up to do before the DRS Blue (that's given it away!) goes on.

I've got 37405 & 37409 ready to do the honours when these are finished, I'm a sucker for a tractor wearing ploughs !!

Cheers,

Phil.

Forget one of the locos - make a DBSO......

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Forget one of the locos - make a DBSO......

I saw my first DRS liveried DBSO at Derby on Monday, it did look rather good......

.....but I'd really need a large logo tractor with ploughs on for that...... :)

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I saw my first DRS liveried DBSO at Derby on Monday, it did look rather good......

.....but I'd really need a large logo tractor with ploughs on for that...... :)

Cheers,

Phil.

Probably 9709. It is very shiny! Managed to get quite close to it last week......... :sungum:

I'll probably do 37424 (very yellow last week) to accompany it.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Bit of progress.

Bodies painted, roofs painted, cantrail stripes on, and all glossed ready for transfers.

I Know there's no transfers on the roof, but I painted them with matt black (I don't like spraying gloss black !) but they looked too dull compared to the prototype.

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-08485800-1466976099_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Rebuilding has started.

I've refitted the Hornby lights, which are a 'warm white' colour. Last time I had a ride on the short-set, the vestibules seemed quite well lit to me, so I've wired in an extra LED at each end which will hopefully replicate this. The new LED's are a 'bright white' colour, so should give a contrast to the seating area. I've also 'opened' some of the door windows, painted the table tops & vestibule area's, & fitted passengers.

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-44596500-1467578546_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hi Richard,

I wasn't aware of that !

I have put representations of the Yellow bars in the windows of the luggage area of the BSO, but nothing on any of the opening windows.

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Richard,

Is it just the stock used on the Barrow services that have window bars, I wonder?

After checking my pics of the coaches I'm modelling, I have noticed that the strip across the top of the door glass on the BSO is the same colour as the doors, but on the TSO's its silver. Which is a pain, as I've painted it door colour on all the windows I've 'opened', & re-fitted the glazing !

Serves me right for only having pics of the BSO pinned up above my workbench :banghead:

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

!

Serves me right for only having pics of the BSO pinned up above my workbench :banghead:

I also have pictures pinned up above my workbench. They may have "buffers", but they aren't BSOs...... more like DDs

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford