Phil Mc's workbench

Phil Mc

Those coaches look spot on Phil well done. Which transfers have you used? I've got the railtec ones. Wasn't sure whether to go for r3sprays or railtec but r3sprays didn't have them in stock at the time of ordering

• RMweb Premium

Hi Marc,

Thanks, I am pleased with the coaches, I'll take a few pics of them now they've been weathered.

I do use quite a few transfers from Railtec, but the ones on the coaches are from r3sprays.

The warning flashes are from Fox, and the data panels on the ends are from my shoebox full of random packets of stuff !!

Cheers,

Phil.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not done an update for a while!

Since finishing the DRS coaches, I've been deciding what to do next, but in the meantime I've done three 'fill-in' jobs on my Hoover fleet

50025, with Yellow axleboxes, no cantrail stripe, & the warning label for the moving shutters in a slightly different position compared to normal. (I know it's sad that I noticed!)

post-4971-0-89878200-1470574427_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-35372200-1470574435_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-13818600-1470574444_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-42134500-1470574454_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Cheers buddy !!

Think I've done ok with the weathering, which usually seems to be heavier between the scavenger fan and the main fan.

It can be a bit of a pain to get an even coat of weathering around the scavenger fan, without ending up with light or dark patches in the fins, but I'm quite pleased with how these two have turned out.

Quite a few Hoover fans seem to have a soft spot for Implacable (me included!), not sure why though.!

Only four to go now for a full house ! :mosking:

Cheers,

Phil.

.......disappears off to start checking livery variations of 030, 034, 037 & 041.........

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Start point of my next project.

Going to be in a colour I've not often used before!

Cheers,

Phil.

Yellow?

(Don't do it, it's addictive......)

Then again, it's a 150/2, so not likely.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Yellow?

(Don't do it, it's addictive......)

Then again, it's a 150/2, so not likely.

Cheers,

Mick

I've already got that T-shirt, & one Yellow unit is quite enough for me.!

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-61112800-1473717075_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hey Mick, he better get on with it.......his Dad wants it done by Wednesday  :laugh: ......What did your Dad say Phil.................. "After all it's only a respray"?????

The number of times I've heard him say  "it only wants pipes and plates sticking on"............... :banghead:

• RMweb Premium

The number of times I've heard him say  "it only wants pipes and plates sticking on"............... :banghead:

I'd tell him where to stick his pipes and plates...............

(Hi Mac, only joking)

Cheers,

Mick

I've committed the ultimate crime, I've weathered a limited addition ! :nono:   (& put lights in it.  :mosking:  )

Cheers,

Phil.

Normally a 45 dumped on the real DL, judging by the locos parked on 4mm DL at Blackburn show one more class of loco wouldn't of gone a miss! 

Top draw work Phil. and a yellow 150! there is only one way to find out the best one.......fight ?????( You've Been Framed... for them that don't understand jokes! humour! banter???)

Regard G

• RMweb Premium

Normally a 45 dumped on the real DL, judging by the locos parked on 4mm DL at Blackburn show one more class of loco wouldn't of gone a miss! 

Top draw work Phil. and a yellow 150! there is only one way to find out the best one.......fight ?????( You've Been Framed... for them that don't understand jokes! humour! banter???)

Regard G

Need a 45, 20, 73, 31, 37 and 08 to dump on DL. (Although 20154 has now gone) Wouldn't waste good siding space on a hoover...........................

:locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Regard G

Yellow stuff, isn't that the preserve of the uber-nerd ??!! :mosking:  :mosking:

post-4971-0-86092200-1473719040_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-03478300-1473719049_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-17395700-1473719056_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Bit of work done on the unit.

Stripped down, doors sprayed, masked up for the next colour, then realised I hadn't blanked off the toilet window ! :banghead:

On the plus side, I reckon I can get away without having to repaint the Yellow ends or the roof. :yes:

Don't normally use household masking tape, but it should be fine in this case. (famous last words!!)

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-07233100-1474232139_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...