Phil Mc's workbench

Phil Mc

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Completely forgot to take any WIP pics !

Finished adding the last of nearly 90 separate decals on Sunday morning, just before I looked at the Bachmann announcement. :angry:  :angry:

Not convinced by the 3D printed nameplates ( sorry Railtec !! ), maybe because I spend my days visiting Foundries I have an affinity with metal, so these will be replaced with etched plates when I get some.

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-10220200-1484157045_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-68850400-1484157054_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-15040900-1484157063_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-93076000-1484157070_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-40084800-1484157081_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-85791200-1484157090_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I also found (don't know whether it's been mentioned elsewhere) that if I immersed the plate completely in water, it curled up like a Banana as it dried, but if I wet the backing sheet and let the water soak upwards, the plate stayed flat.

It's a shame that I'm not fond of the plates, because I've always been impressed with Railtec transfers ( and service ! ), and its a real bonus that the new decals only have backing film around the printed area, they are even better to use !

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

Next project started.

This is going to be 58036, as it was in March 1990, when I had it for haulage on one of the specially organised Leeds-Carlisle workings.

First couple of jobs include removing the numbers and Diamonds, and painting the cab doors Black.

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-29602900-1484499062_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Great work pal just had a super flick through love the 50s some excellent work here pal cant wait to see th 58 done.

Thanks !

I've just realised I've only put pics up of the first twenty Hoovers, I'll take some of the rest & put them up when I get chance ! :sungum:

(except the 4 that I've not done yet !)

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

You can have too much of a bad thing.......................

:onthequiet:

Too much is never enough !!

The 58 is keeping warm in the airing cupboard while the Black on the doors and wheels, as well as various colours on the bufferbeam pipes, dries.

The numbers and cabside diamonds have gone.

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

I think it needed the door handles adding to the sides, it looked a bit odd without them.

The hard bit is done for them though, there's a dimple in the bodywork where they go, so it's just a case of drilling the hole and making the handles out of staples.

Cheers,

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

30, 34, 37 & 41 are the one's I'm missing.

& before you tell me, I know your 007 is a repaint of an 037.................mutter mutter chunter chunter.................could have swapped you a different body............... :fool:  :fool:

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

30, 34, 37 & 41 are the one's I'm missing.

& before you tell me, I know your 007 is a repaint of an 037.................mutter mutter chunter chunter.................could have swapped you a different body............... :fool:  :fool:

Cheers,

Phil.

I can still swap the body.........  :no:

Cheers,

Mick