Oxford Diecast/Golden Valley - YE Janus 0-6-0DE

Hippo

• RMweb Gold

Ours arrived in stock this morning. Fantastic model. NEM couplings, DCC ready, high detail, diecast chassis, twin flywheel drive according to the picture in the instructions etc.

attachicon.gifDSC_0375.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0382.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0376.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0384.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0378.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0386.JPG

Thanks for posting about this - much appreciated!

In your photos - what make are the NCB wagons?

Thanks

Guest Midland Mole @ Footplate

The NCB Janus and the Open Wagon pack are now in stock with us. :)

Alex @ Footplate

i went and bought one, today. I'm just seeing how long I can resist ripping the stupid tension lock couplers off, filling the hole in the bufferbeams and repainting it in all-over wasp stripes as per U.E.S. Aldwarke and/or Stocksbridge.

• Like 4

I shall be removing the printed nameplate from the NCB version as quickly as I can...

Any tips/warnings on your progress will be welcome, I intend to do the same and it would be good to have some idea of the 'degree of difficulty' with GV printing.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Can anyone pass comment on how delicate the hand rails are?

I might get one, if the price is right at some point down the road. 

Paul A. 

They seem to be made from a flexible plastic and are a bit wobbly. I would imagine they'll be pretty resistant to accidental damage but won't take paint very easily and if paint will stick it will crack. They may be getting replaced by brass wire on mine.

• RMweb Gold

but won't take paint very easily and if paint will stick it will crack. .

Use paints designed for the flexible rc car bodyshells and it won't crack. I've used it on the slippery black flexible LGB plastic and it never cracked. You do need two to three coats for a vibrant yellow as it's very thin but one coat tends to look like weathered paint ;)

i went and bought one, today. I'm just seeing how long I can resist ripping the stupid tension lock couplers off, filling the hole in the bufferbeams and repainting it in all-over wasp stripes as per U.E.S. Aldwarke and/or Stocksbridge.

I've got two for Manchester steel. They run beautifully.

I'm going to repaint both and, like you I'm wondering about yellow wasp stripes. I assume it is a variation of the livery on the excellent 040 built by Arthur.

I've got two for Manchester steel. They run beautifully.

I'm going to repaint both and, like you I'm wondering about yellow wasp stripes. I assume it is a variation of the livery on the excellent 040 built by Arthur.

Aldwarke.

post-494-0-33653000-1500068277.jpeg

An earlier version of the livery had the cabsides in black and without the BSC logo. No. 31 was like the one in the photo but 34 had a headlamp in the end handrails. I'm not sure about No.33.

Edited by Ruston
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I've just received my NCB version. The cab does not appear to be seated properly when compared to Ruston's excellent prototype photo. The Sawyersmodels photos appear the same as mine. I tried briefly to push it home with no luck. Anyone else looked into this?

Otherwise a beautiful little shunter to play with.

Neil

I've just received my NCB version. The cab does not appear to be seated properly when compared to Ruston's excellent prototype photo. The Sawyersmodels photos appear the same as mine. I tried briefly to push it home with no luck. Anyone else looked into this?

Neil

Agree it does look a little off the floor but had it running in for past 15 mins and is running very well. I will be adding kadees to mine so could be interesting fit

Neil

The review sample seemed OK. Lift the handrails out of their holes on the cab; give the cab a squeeze and a wiggle (needs a little persuasion first time) and see if it'll sit right or remove it and replace.

post-1-0-46601200-1498728213.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone heard when the sound fitted ones are coming?

Couldn't wait any longer, so I have a sound fitted one running here with a ZIMO MX648 and a full height sugar cube speaker with my own authentic Janus sound project.

I'll post a video when I get a moment.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 4