New from Oxford Rail?

Dunsignalling

I think that is an extract from the same poem used before.

So there is a possibility that this announcement will be the revelation of the green Adams, possibly in the paint or even the box, and 4 further 7 plank liveries.  

It may be something else, but the recent rise of duplication in the model world has led a number to play things increasingly close to their chests, keeping developments in the pipeline quiet until later in the process. No doubt there are other thing under development, but what those are may be kept until a little later.

Looking at the way it is spaced, if it were a further Adams and 7 planks then surely they would go under existing headers.

This suggests 1 entirely newly tooled loco class and 4 entire pieces of rolling stock to me.

Very exciting.

• RMweb Gold

Oxford announces Deans Goods, 4 Plank Wagons, 6 Plank Wagons, Cattle Vans and the development of  Mk3 Coaches. Also additional liveries on the Adams Radial.

Version 11 and 12 of the 7 Plank Wagon release.

• RMweb Premium

Notice that the BR and LNER versions of the cattle wagons have the photos the wrong way round!

Owww a NBR 4 plank...

Looks like I may have to purchase some wagons this year....

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Dean Goods - long overdue, welcome 21st century version of a former Mainline loco, and appearing in lined GWR livery as a bonus.

4-plank wagons - they're all Scottish prototypes, could this herald a future introduction of a Scotland-based loco class?

Mk3 - it's about time to produce a range covering both loco-hauled and HST types with consistent details, instead of a hodge-podge of Hornby, Jouef and Lima versions.

LNER cattle wagon and 6-plank open - welcome additions to RTR LNER wagons on offer.

I don't want to cause unnecessary panic, but this pre-production electronically decorated version doesn't show daylight under the boiler, although the line drawings of the other versions do.

Has anyone converted the Radial to EM, as I'd be interested in the Dean Goods if it's a fairly straightforward conversion, there is daylight in the right places, and the price doesn't scare me off bashing it about to backdate it to 1905ish condition.

• RMweb Gold

If there is no light under the boiler, then I won't be buying one - if this is the Oxford way, then they won't be selling much to me.

Disappointed if this is the case - come on Hornby, show them how it's done . . .

Cheers, Mike C

They've had 30 years to do that and haven't bothered...........

John

I don't want to cause unnecessary panic, but this pre-production electronically decorated version doesn't show daylight under the boiler, although the line drawings of the other versions do.

Has anyone converted the Radial to EM, as I'd be interested in the Dean Goods if it's a fairly straightforward conversion, there is daylight in the right places, and the price doesn't scare me off bashing it about to backdate it to 1905ish condition.

post-2274-0-03259800-1453630344.jpg

That is dire - it looks worse than the promotional illustrations for the old Airfix version all those years ago.

They're going to have to do better than this if they want to be taken seriously - and I'm talking about the standard of their promotional material; I'll reserve judgement of the model until it is released !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Archived