Please, Please, Please

No need for block caps for starters.

Where are you seeing the date in this format? I can only assume it's in the Upcoming calendar events block on the index page. That is a module provided by a third party and the date format is not editable. The events are listed chronologically so it shouldn't take too much to work out that March follows February.

• RMweb Gold

Given the international nature of the membership, I would have thought that a format of DD-MMM-YYYY (28-Feb-2016) would be more suitable to aid eliminating any possible confusion.

..a screen grab of my from page. (Win7, IE11)

post-12815-0-54346600-1456676182.png

Kev.

No need for block caps for starters.

Where are you seeing the date in this format? I can only assume it's in the Upcoming calendar events block on the index page. That is a module provided by a third party and the date format is not editable. The events are listed chronologically so it shouldn't take too much to work out that March follows February.

You are using IP Board Software, I can assure you it is possible to format it.

this is cut and paste from my display.

Interesting that upcoming events includes yesterday, and the day before that.

Regards

Actually the American format makes more sense if you are sorting items in date order, in one-year blocks, because it starts with the month - so all the January ones come first in the sequence, and so on. Automatic file naming protocols often work this way for data files which are time and date stamped, for that reason.

Actually the American format makes more sense if you are sorting items in date order, in one-year blocks, because it starts with the month - so all the January ones come first in the sequence, and so on. Automatic file naming protocols often work this way for data files which are time and date stamped, for that reason.

only if all your dates are in the same year. In the more general case you need the Japanese arrangement for computer sorting.

Regards

Lets not have another 'train'  station -v-  'railway'  station up and downer!  As a UK passport carrying US resident, I can accept both; its easier to go along with the prevailing sentiment as long winded discussions ain't going change a thing!

Brian.

RMweb hasn't, but the owners (Warners) do :yes: His name is Andy York, he used to run the place FOC for us users/visitors. You may want to be nice to him, as he can (and has proven he will do so) ban you from this independent platform of knowledge he has built up over the years :rolleyes:

Just sayin'  :)

There is a distinct difference in knowing how to run a forum, and how to use the code to your advantage, and how to alter it according to users time zones, it is not implausable that he may not know how to do this, but there are others who do.

I'm sure you'll advise me how to in your usual friendly style.

Hi Andy,

I also run a large iPB forum, so maybe I can help.

If you look in the ACP under System Settings / IPS Apps you'll find the Calendar control panel. The date formatting settings are in there at the bottom. Hope this helps :)

Hi Andy,

I also run a large iPB forum, so maybe I can help.

If you look in the ACP under System Settings / IPS Apps you'll find the Calendar control panel. The date formatting settings are in there at the bottom. Hope this helps :)

As suggested the problem is probably in the Add on itself, Firebug suggests that this:

<span class="date ipsType_small desc">Occurs on 03/12/2016</span>

may be where the issue lies, a simple edit to that span class in the Add ons CSS should fix it.

• RMweb Gold

Dear OP

In the 7 years I have been a member of this free website, I have learnt a very great deal, made a substantial number of virtual friends, met and enjoyed the company of more than a handful of them, learnt a very great deal, had a great time, learnt a very great deal, been the recipient of outstanding - nay implausible - amounts of warmth in bereavement, and generally enjoyed myself.

And I couldn't give a rat's arse about the date format.

Edit : Oh, by the way, the link in your signature doesn't seem to work. I am therefore denied the privilege of seeing Graham's Wonderful Railway. Life sucks.

Archived