NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

I think expectations of crowd funders is too high.

All you’ve done is paid for it up front.

Nothing more.

That a shop is selling another livery at a higher price only stands to show, you’ve got a better price by paying up front.

Your not owed any special favours, your not a share holder, joint owner, a board member or a decision maker... your just a customer.

Next time you buy a plane ticket, why not explain to the airline that because you bought it a year early should mean you get a seat closer to the front and get to make a decision on which meal service choices they provide, see what they say.

The airline would say you were crazy for sure. However, the key difference, and the reason your analogy doesn't stack up, is that the hypothetical flight would operate regardless of whether you bought a ticket or not. Crowd funded models would not exist without crowd funders. Hence the term, crowd-funding.

• RMweb Gold

Already some requests for more 37s. . . . . . . .don't forget that 37114 Dunrobin Castle with large logo is still available to order.

Details here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/122274-mickleover-mrg-announce-exclusive-Bachmann-class-37-at-derby-show/

So far our next loco hasn't been mentioned in this topic (but may be on another 'wish-list' elsewhere) and even if it had been requested, I wouldn't be able to tell you . . . . . . .

The airline would say you were crazy for sure. However, the key difference, and the reason your analogy doesn't stack up, is that the hypothetical flight would operate regardless of whether you bought a ticket or not. Crowd funded models would not exist without crowd funders. Hence the term, crowd-funding.

Not true.

Commercial flights get canned all the time if there isn’t demand... it could be just a one off cancellation, frequency reduction or seasonal demand. If the route doesn’t make money the whole route can be canned.

Case in point .. BA at Gatwick, Ryanair's winter reductions, and where do all those flights from regional airports to Spanish resorts dissapear to every winter.

KLM has several flights in the evening from LHR to AMS, occasionally  with A330's too, but it can drift down to an F70 (well not any more), and if there isnt demand they can and will drop one and combine passengers.

anyways we're off topic.

Edited by adb968008

Queue another crowdfunding project....

Nope, not at all.

Permissions would need to be granted, then there’s the engineering of the LTF bogies to not cause friction in a 12+ coach train and then having a loco heavy enough to drag it.

• RMweb Premium

Anyone seen those mk5 coaches in the flesh? From pics I’ve seen they do rather look nice, and what a quantum leap over the mk3 sleepers.

Yes.

This post and a couple below it have links

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/95924-caf-to-build-new-lhcs-for-caledonian-sleeper/page-13&do=findComment&comment=3003322

There are more videos on youtube and pics on flickr - search for 6Q72 and 6Q10

And there's a 3D project or two in the offing.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/130381-caf-mark-5-coach-in-4mm-scratchbuild/

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Anyone seen those mk5 coaches in the flesh? From pics I’ve seen they do rather look nice, and what a quantum leap over the mk3 sleepers.

Concentrate on what you are doing first. No point in promising to do anything and everything and then having to provide reasons/excuses as to why you have not met targets

Concentrate on what you are doing first. No point in promising to do anything and everything and then having to provide reasons/excuses as to why you have not met targets

I don’t think I said anything about producing mk5 coaches mate?

Far from it.

Hi Dave,

Sent you a mail a few days back, I was wondering if it would be possible for a reply?

Appreciate your a very busy man.

Hi,

Currently away visiting both very poorly parents who are taking a priority, and I’m without my laptop.

Planning to be home Thursday, please bare with me.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Currently away visiting both very poorly parents who are taking a priority, and I’m without my laptop.

Planning to be home Thursday, please bare with me.

Cheers

Dave

Morning Dave,

Hope the parents are better?

Was just wondering if there’s any update?

Don’t mean to keep on, but if I need to pre order from Rails or Hattons etc I’d rather do so now so I can at least secure the livery’s I’m looking for.

Many thanks in advance

Morning Dave,

Hope the parents are better?

Was just wondering if there’s any update?

Don’t mean to keep on, but if I need to pre order from Rails or Hattons etc I’d rather do so now so I can at least secure the livery’s I’m looking for.

Many thanks in advance

Hi mate,

Sorry for the delay.

The Stobart 92 is indeed a Kernow limited model in OO but I have no idea when he’s going to start taking orders. Maybe give him a ring?

If the liveries you want aren’t on the crowdfunded list, but on the retail list, then yes, please feel free to order from any DJModels stockist.

If they are on the list, then please ‘express an interest’ for the new ones via my web site and i’ll add them to your order.

I’m slightly delayed in sending invoices out, but hope to start doing so next week.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Take it easy guys - it ain't payday until the end of the month!

Hi,

Just had invoices go out to the N gauge 17 customers, the OO 92 should go out in about a week, but I may hold that over as I’m waiting for China to agree a spec change for me, and they are on CNY at the moment so collecting your monies before it’s needed isn’t necessary.

HTH

Cheers

Dave

True but I just want to know the expected release date but for some reason nobody can answer the question, this is the second time I've asked on this thread.

The reason is that how long is a piece of string. Too any variables to give one.

You can guesstimate, but the minute you do your starring in ‘open season’ for anyone that wants a dig.

Variables include.....power cuts during tooling, CNY, shipping, QC failure, getting paint correct and approved by respective companies on the models, oh the list goes on.

Once tooling starts it should be under 12 months, but again the above paragraph could come into play.

Not being evasive, just realistic.

Cheers

Dave

True but I just want to know the expected release date but for some reason nobody can answer the question, this is the second time I've asked on this thread.

I must admit it would be good to have an idea of a proposed time frame of each of the remaining stages.  I think we all realise there will be slippage but an idea would be good.  Hopefully they'll get through a lot quicker than the N gauge Class 17s

Edited by Dixie Dean

The reason is that how long is a piece of string. Too any variables to give one.

You can guesstimate, but the minute you do your starring in ‘open season’ for anyone that wants a dig.

Variables include.....power cuts during tooling, CNY, shipping, QC failure, getting paint correct and approved by respective companies on the models, oh the list goes on.

Once tooling starts it should be under 12 months, but again the above paragraph could come into play.

Not being evasive, just realistic.

Cheers

Dave

That's fair enough but was just asking a honest question and I'm not one of those types to have a dig but unfortunately you do have to tread carefully considering what has been said throughout this thread, believe me I've read it all.

So basically you don't know yet, which is ok but could you take an estimated guess or is that too dangerous at this point in time?

Edited by classy52

So basically you don't know yet, which is ok but could you take an estimated guess or is that too dangerous at this point in time?

With respect, I think the clues are in what Dave has already said?  From the above my own deduction would be that we are looking at an estimate of approximately 12 months, but if we are fortunate it might be slightly less, but with all the unpredictable forces at play it's very likely it could be a bit more.  That seems a fair estimate of the situation to my ear.

With respect, I think the clues are in what Dave has already said?  From the above my own deduction would be that we are looking at an estimate of approximately 12 months, but if we are fortunate it might be slightly less, but with all the unpredictable forces at play it's very likely it could be a bit more.  That seems a fair estimate of the situation to my ear.

Yeah understood what Dave said and was just asking out of interest nothing more, nothing less.

I think an update to say where this project is at the moment would be useful to those who have purchased the 92's that's all.

Edited by classy52