NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Ive just been told about this model and are you still accepting orders for a OO scale version?

Although Dave doesn't seem so active on RMweb these days, and appears to communicate with his customers directly, I imagine there will still be major product news on this forum, either from Dave directly, or from others. Hitherto Andy Y has always posted product news i nthe relevant forums, and I imagine that will remain. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was speaking to Dave today at Warley, and he has said that there will be some news (at last) regarding the 92s coming out next Friday. 

Fingers crossed this means that the project will now start seeing some very welcome progress at last! 

• Like 1

My concerns for this is growing, I tried to talk to Mr Jones at Warley but he was swamped & I had a train to catch. I have since sent an e-mail to him just asking to confirm that my pre orders for 2 Class 92's was still standing as since I pre ordered them in December 2016 I have heard nothing more by e-mail or any other means. He still hasn't responded yet, so I'm unsure my e-mail to him has actually been received. Has anyone else who has pre ordered any of these locos experienced the same radio silence? The only correspondence I have received from DJ was when the GPDR regulations came into effect. Many thanks.

Edited by vanbasher

My concerns for this is growing, I tried to talk to Mr Jones at Warley but he was swamped & I had a train to catch. I have since sent an e-mail to him just asking to confirm that my pre orders for 2 Class 92's was still standing as since I pre ordered them in December 2016 I have heard nothing more by e-mail or any other means. He still hasn't responded yet, so I'm unsure my e-mail to him has actually been received. Has anyone else who has pre ordered any of these locos experienced the same radio silence? The only correspondence I have received from DJ was when the GPDR regulations came into effect. Many thanks.

See the post directly above this one.

Thank you BR(S) I had seen on his stand at Warley that he had news regarding the 92's coming next weekend, just wasn't sure if he'd kept customers updated via emails or something. Thank you for your help I look forward to hearing the news.

Edited by vanbasher

I was speaking to Dave today at Warley, and he has said that there will be some news (at last) regarding the 92s coming out next Friday. 

Fingers crossed this means that the project will now start seeing some very welcome progress at last! 

Dave Jones has kept his word as indeed an email arrived yesterday about the said project. 

Thank you BR(S) I had seen on his stand at Warley that he had news regarding the 92's coming next weekend, just wasn't sure if he'd kept customers updated via emails or something. Thank you for your help I look forward to hearing the news.

He seems to contact via Email and then after certain amount time via his Website aswell.

Anyone able to share what the email said?  I have paid a deposit but not sure which email account Dave has and haven't seen anything from him as yet (it may be that is in my work account - will find out Monday).

M

Anyone able to share what the email said?  I have paid a deposit but not sure which email account Dave has and haven't seen anything from him as yet (it may be that is in my work account - will find out Monday).

M

Sorry.

I've received an email from Dave yesterday, in which he asks "do not release this info until next sunday". His attachment further clarifies this as he says "I will post this in PDF form to the DJM web site a week to 10 days later than you are receiving this"

Edited by Damo666

Sorry.

I've received an email from Dave yesterday, in which he asks "do not release this info until next sunday". His attachment further clarifies this as he says "I will post this in PDF form to the DJM web site a week to 10 days later than you are receiving this"

How is that even enforceable by DJ Models?

He is certainly instilling a lot of trust into his customer base for not publishing the email contents either here or anywhere else on other social media outlets and seriously what would possibly be in the email that he deems to be so sensitive and why put it in there in the first place?

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium

That does seem crazy. Ive backed the other horse in the N gauge race for a number of reasons, but I’m still likely to get a DJM one, not releasing information unless you’ve bought one seems very strange, I genuinely don’t know what that achieves!

I presume it’s that it’s going to tooling, as that was very close in September.

Edited by njee20

Sorry.

This got me laughing....

So the only benefit to backers here in this situation is that they get to see something 10 days earlier.

Really nothing great then

• Like 2

There is nothing sinister, no major announcement, nothing personal against anyone it's a simple request not to divulge the info onto forums etc... Until all the people who have put deposits down get a chance to read it first and direct from Dave instead of hearing it first on a random forum.

It's not enforceable, it's a simple courteous request so the backers can get a little but of information first. I honestly don't see why this winds some people up?

There is nothing sinister, no major announcement, nothing personal against anyone it's a simple request not to divulge the info onto forums etc... Until all the people who have put deposits down get a chance to read it first and direct from Dave instead of hearing it first on a random forum.

It's not enforceable, it's a simple courteous request so the backers can get a little but of information first. I honestly don't see why this winds some people up?

Quite a few wild assumptions there...

1. No one said it was sinister and wasn't even thinking anything of the sort

2. Don't think anyone is taking this personally and definitely not me

3. I wouldn't exactly call RMWeb a random forum considering this is the hub of model railway talk...I think Andy may take offence to that  :jester:

4. Who's wound up?..I think you're wound up about the responses

We are just curious about the email and how DJ thinks it will 100% stay within the confines of his backers, if it does stay secret for 10 days I'll be hugely impressed.

Edited by classy52

3. I wouldn't exactly call RMWeb a random forum considering this is the hub of model railway talk...I think Andy may take offence to that  :jester:

We are just curious about the email and how DJ thinks it will 100% stay within the confines of his backers, if it does stay secret for 10 days I'll be hugely impressed.

Perhaps he suspects there is a mole

This got me laughing....

So the only benefit to backers here in this situation is that they get to see something 10 days earlier.

Really nothing great then

...you wouldn't be complaining if you had insider information 10 days ahead of the rest of the Stock Exchange...?

Doesn’t wind me up, just seems a really weird thing to do. So what if people read things on a forum first?

Maybe something to do with the fact that anything that Dave announces on here is immediately ambushed, torn to shreads and derided in a whirlstorm of negativity?  Just a thought.

See people just wanting to make more of it than it is. It's just an email and straight away people are wanting to complain about the way Dave does business? I don't get it. And no I'm not wound up at all, just confused by the responses to a simple request

Btw this is just a random forum, just like every other railway forum

• RMweb Gold

As someone who found out about the project via this thread and paid up back in Sept 2016 as soon as I received an invoice, I'm not impressed to not have had a SINGLE email since, including today. And no; it's not my spam filter; I know how email works.

Thanks for the heads up that some information's finally out there though (even if it's some kind of secret-squirrel thing). At least I can chase him.

Cheers

Rob

• Like 2

See people just wanting to make more of it than it is. It's just an email and straight away people are wanting to complain about the way Dave does business? I don't get it. And no I'm not wound up at all, just confused by the responses to a simple request

Btw this is just a random forum, just like every other railway forum

So we've gone from being wound up, because nobody is, to now complaining...who's complaining???

Why are you confused, for me personally I was just curious about the original post and now you're blowing things out of proportion because you immediately think we're all wound up & complaining  :banghead:

Damn you Damo666  :jester: ...and no this is RMWeb, yes RMWeb!!!  :sungum:

:read: Having re read the newsletter I believe there would be no problem if I was to forward this to other members on this forum by 2nd class post, which I would send off mid week.

However I would have to charge for the cost of my time and the paper, ink etc.

and I am only taking Bitcoin at the moment :triniti:

Edited by letterspider