SWAG 2017 - Lineup, Details, Catering - all you need to know

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

I will get there as soon as I can I have to take the dogs for a walk first. If you have forgotten the milk of something on setting up give me a ring on 07773892085 and I can pick some up on my way through. I am willing to help out where I can.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Good luck to those using GWR trains to get there.

Delays of over SIX hours on Saturday with the Berks & Hants out for track works and a loss of signal power between Didcot and Swindon closing the only alternative.  Compounded by a trespasser at Marazion during the morning which delayed Cornish services by an extra 90 minutes or so.  The hapless souls aboard the 10.00 Penzance - Paddington found themselves terminated at Bristol TM 93 minutes late at 15.49 then delayed another 4 hours until 19.30 which was the next departure to London.  And which arrived on time at 21.13. Almost 12 hours end to end.  No the railway's finest day.

• RMweb Gold

Good luck to those using GWR trains to get there.

Delays of over SIX hours on Saturday with the Berks & Hants out for track works and a loss of signal power between Didcot and Swindon closing the only alternative.  Compounded by a trespasser at Marazion during the morning which delayed Cornish services by an extra 90 minutes or so.  The hapless souls aboard the 10.00 Penzance - Paddington found themselves terminated at Bristol TM 93 minutes late at 15.49 then delayed another 4 hours until 19.30 which was the next departure to London.  And which arrived on time at 21.13. Almost 12 hours end to end.  No the railway's finest day.

Yes. alas Notwork Rail totally  f  messed up my plans for the journey and attendance at Taunton so regrettably I'm not there and was of course absent from the Lethbridge yesterday evening.  

Beats me why a sooper-dooper modern signalling system can't go into through routes when it suffers electronic heebie-jeebies and throws umpteen signals to danger in two different directions with the reds coming out in succession like roses blooming in a nursery (and which according to a GWR source is already known to have such 'occasional' problems).  Large numbers of folk seriously discommoded, some no doubt more than a little upset when signals went back to red in front of their train and brakes went in with alacrity, GWR staff trying to be helpful thanking me for information on alternative routes which enabled them to be more helpful, and NR someone-or-others applying 'a temporary fix' to the problem which promptly ceased to be a fix.

All on a signalling system with brand new kit which is what - not much more than a year old.

Rant over folks - you enjoy your day, as I'm sure you will.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1

Ladies & Gentlemen, i would like to pass on my sincere thanks to the following ;

BRM for a great day

Andy Y (for working his conkers off in the kitchen)

Captain Kernow (he knows why !)

BlackRat (for wearing a puke covered shirt)

NHY 581 (for also wearing something rather loud on his shoulders)

Ramblin Rich

And the countless other members and their good ladies (railway widows) etc that attended.

Here are some photos of some truly fantastic layouts for those unable to attend. (and some rather odd fashions too)

post-7447-0-76042500-1493559559_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-63795500-1493559660_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-45715800-1493559689_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-94449200-1493559716_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-30267100-1493559750_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-02482100-1493559787_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-00179800-1493559821_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-59133300-1493559876_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-94518400-1493559939_thumb.jpg

More to follow............

andy

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Myself, Ray and Tom had a very enjoyable few hours today.

Well done to everyone involved.

I took a few photos, yet to be sorted and will post later.

Picked up my copy of the 'cameo' book, so no excuses to get on with it now! Plus, personally handed an entry form by Not Jeremy, so I don't have that as an excuse .....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Sherry and I had a lovely day! A classy bunch of people and layouts to match. Catering first rate - although the all-male servers, despite their best efforts, can't compare to last year's ladies! Marvellous to put more names to faces, and finally catch up with several who proved to be even better company in the flesh.

Donning the CK mantle was never going to be a doddle, but the team done well, as they say. Thanks!

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

As others have said a really lovely day. Good modelling, good pasties and very special to put some faces to names and chat with them and with some who I haven't seen in a long while.

I can't deny that buying a Thumper unit which 'may not work' (it will) for £35 and an unpainted engineering sample of the upcoming gate stock for £25 on the Kernow stand was an unexpected bonus.

Edit..it does! Must be the best 35 quid I've ever spent....

The day did wonders for my modelling mojo, I'd like to echo others' thanks to those who worked so hard to make the day a success...it certainly was.

Edited by PhilH
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Just got back myself, and would like to thank all involved. Good to catch up with Stu, Graham, Andy, etc. And yes, Sherton Abbas is pretty remarkable. If anyone has a chance to see it 'in the flesh', I would certainly recommend doing so.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to everyone who took the time to stop and chat and for the kind words. In addition thanks to everyone who made my trip to Zummerzet such an enjoyable experience.

I had a very fine time and it was a real privilege not only to put so many faces to so many names but to show Sheep Lane in such excellent company.

Some superb and inspirational layouts on view.

Great day.

Rob.

• Like 7