SWAG 2017 - Lineup, Details, Catering - all you need to know

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Well, I went as an ordinary punter this time, albeit one who admittedly delivered the pasties and pies from the usual supplier, but found myself presented on arrival with a nice name badge that said I was the Guest of Honour, for which I thank Stu, Andy and team, I was touched!

It was a great day, meeting up with friends old and new, and seeing some great layouts and displays.

Well done to the new team and I for one hope that you will feel encouraged enough to do this again next year.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Another enjoyable SWAG and well organised thank you.

Now then..... Caption time !

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

What do you mean I can't have this wagon, this is a meeting about SWAG is it not????

Sometimes there are layouts and rolling stock that you just want to cuddle and take home, Sherton Abbas is certainly one of then in my humble opinion.

post-20303-0-84032200-1493575193_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-80276700-1493575216_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-91258900-1493575240_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-93971900-1493575265_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-77921500-1493575284_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-04364300-1493575308_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-45080300-1493575333_thumb.jpeg

Excellent attention to detail.

• Like 17

I kept getting drawn back to Sherton, to such an extent I'm sure the lovely Dave thought I was stalking him!

Having seen Hursley in the flesh, and been lucky enough to have seen Martin Welchs new layout last week .......I'd say Sherton would hold its own beside either.

Probably in The top 5 layouts (for me) I've ever seen.

And I've seen many!

Fantastic day out.

Withdrawal symptoms already!

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 3

Shattered but safely back at home.

Thank you to everyone involved with today; really well done. too many to thank and I'm sure I missed some in my little speech but everyone's hard work is really appreciated.

Just to echo the comments about Sherton Abbas; it is truly excellent and a huge credit to Dave. I'll look forward to a visit to see it at home later in the year! :) Amusing to see BRM and the Journal in a breakneck rush to try and get the layout in the mags; I did do the gentlemanly thing and wait until Dave had finished setting up. ;)

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely delighted that Sherton Abbas went down so well with you all!:-) Great to meet everybody and put faces to names on the forum, I had a really enjoyable day:-)

Best wishes to all

Dave

• Like 15

• Administrators

Thanks to everyone involved, an excellent day. I slunk home defeated on the cake front after only 3 slices...

Panorama.jpg

I think this is Andy saying something uplifting, although it looks like he's telling everyone off for stealing his pasty!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Another wonderful day Great people and layouts showing some lovely modelling I understand that for five of the layouts it was first time out. I have been around in 0 gauge for some time and had the fortune to meet some really top 0 gaugers but Sherton Abbas is the best 0 gauge layout I have seen Dave should be proud. It was also nice to meet some from on here who I considered friends through our online comunications but not had the pleasure of meeting in person before.

I would like to give my thanks who did the organising everything seemed to go well. Cannot wait for next year.

Don

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Great day, lots of friendly people, plenty of good advice to be had, born of experience (for which, thanks to bgman especially).

The pasties were excellent and the cakes divine. 

Thanks to the bring and buy, I now own three fewer unbuilt coach kits but have acquired an airbrush compressor.

Roll on the next one.

John  

• Like 6

It's going to take a bit or reconciling between me and Phil Copleston and I'll come back to you later in the week but just to say that several hundred pounds have been raised for Macmillan Cancer Support today.

Thank you to everyone who has helped with that!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Amusing to see BRM and the Journal in a breakneck rush to try and get the layout in the mags; I did do the gentlemanly thing and wait until Dave had finished setting up. ;)

What do you mean, he had trains running! - anyway, I blame Dave for building such a beautiful layout :-)) Seriously, Sherton Abbas is truly exquisite, Dave is understandably reluctant to take it out as it's a bit of a b*gg*r to move around but hopefully he can be persuaded to take it out from time to time.

Another thoroughly enjoyable day, well done and many thanks to CKs successors. A tough act to follow but the boys done good.

Looking forward to next year.

Jerry and Kim

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

As always it was a great weekend capped off by an excellent day amongst great layouts and great company today. As said above it was pretty rare to be at a show where 5 layouts had never been seen in the flesh in public before!

Like wise thanks to all whom played a part in making the event happen and continue the standard and fun set by the Captain. I have just unpacked and polished off a pasty for dinner with, thanks to Peter an excellent salad (although he has probably juts shivered at the mention of the word 'salad'!)

Thanks a,is to St Simon for his company over the weekend and keeping things moving on Canute Road Quay when I was doing a stint in 'The collation of chaos' in the kitchen (as opposed to Tim and Maddy's past strong and stable leadership...)

I was very pleased with how Canute Road Quay ran during the day and a big thanks for all the positive and encouraging comments made about my little shunting train set.

We have already agreed to start organising next year so watch this space....

Thanks again to all!

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

I can only echo what everyone else has said; a very enjoyable day (or half day in my case), good to chat to people and put faces to names. Shelton Abbas is lovely, the pasties were good. Well done to all those who organised and participated.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I was very glad to have managed to attend this year after a couple off for difficult reasons. Great to catch up with familiar faces and meet other folk who've only been known through the forum but can now put a face to . Thanks Rob on Sheep Lane for the banter (Horrocksford)! The new room arrangements seemed to work well and seemed less cramped than some previous times. I, too, just stood and soaked up the atmosphere of Sherton Abbas; the high level view worked but I've no idea how Andy 71H got that birds eye view!

Thanks to the offer on Cameo Layouts book I took the last copy home and am now digesting. More prevarication may occur...

Edit 'cos I accidentally posted before finishing.

Edited by Ramblin Rich
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Another great day, well done to all the organisers for taking the event on and making a really first class job of it. The layouts were great, lots of variety and no shortage of quality, I too thought the new layout of rooms worked well.

Great to meet up with lots of familiar faces and put faces to RMweb names and a great pleasure to meet and chat to Rob NHY581 and PhilH for the first time.

It was also very nice to attend as a "civilian" for once, although I did manage to have quite a few Cameo related conversations.

Apologies for only being there in the morning, the siren call of the WSR with a 4F, two 7Fs and a diagram 1452 ply van was just too was too much to resist.

Thank you again to all those who made it happen.

Simon Not Jeremy

PS and thanks very much to Not Captain Kernow for the top technology tips too…..

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to add my thanks to everyone involved with organising the weekend, to those who brought layouts or demonstrations, to those who brought items to sell, to those who helped in the kitchen, to those who came offering general help, and to those who came to enjoy the day.

We had a very high bar set by Tim and judging by the number of comments today I believe we just about reached it.

As Graham Muz has already said, we are already planning for next year, but for now, again thankyou everyone.

• Like 12

Any chance next year it could be a bit more centrally located in England, say Bristol or Swindon?

It does look a nice show. Off topic, but who's going to Warley this year? Unless they change the date it looks like I'm unable to go, but I might be able to go the year after. We could copy the Bachmann Collectors Club and have a lounge exclusively for RMwebbers!

• RMweb Gold

Any chance next year it could be a bit more centrally located in England, say Bristol or Swindon?

It does look a nice show. Off topic, but who's going to Warley this year? Unless they change the date it looks like I'm unable to go, but I might be able to go the year after. We could copy the Bachmann Collectors Club and have a lounge exclusively for RMwebbers!

I have already suggested than next year's event will be in Truro.

• Like 4